Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Opening Day *August 29* Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean?
so if you are personally staying and camping out do people who stay on property camp out too? it sounds like camping out means you are leaving property and in a parking lot? confused. on 8/29 and 8/30 do on property visitors get any different priority over non property staying people?

so if you are personally staying and camping out do people who stay on property camp out too? it sounds like camping out means you are leaving property and in a parking lot? confused. on 8/29 and 8/30 do on property visitors get any different priority over non property staying people?
If people are allowed to camp out it's everyone. When we used to do this during star wars weekend we would arrive around midnight, people would bring chairs or sleeping bags then before the park opened we would take everything back to the car. The line formed outside of the entrance to the park

For me personally if they allow camping out overnight I will be there no later than 10pm the night before, if they don't allow any over night camping out then at whatever time they allow people to arrive. If that's 2am, I'll be on property, close to the entrance by 1am
Ditto - that's my plan, too. I'm really hoping WDW gives us a time, even if it's 2am, though, so I can go to bed at 5pm and at least get a little sleep!

If putting chairs, blankets, etc. back in your car pre park open is part of the process, how do people that stay onsite do the “camp out”?

If putting chairs, blankets, etc. back in your car pre park open is part of the process, how do people that stay onsite do the “camp out”?
They wouldn’t have those items most likely if they don’t have a car.

Well, I used to be a Girl Scout. We made these fancy waterproof pads for camping called "Sit-Upons".......seriously though, we're staying onsite too. It's summertime in Orlando. I dont have a problem with concrete (but my back might at some point)!

I’m staying onsite and was thinking about heading over with a couple of camping chairs. Are there options for getting rid of that chair?

I’m staying onsite and was thinking about heading over with a couple of camping chairs. Are there options for getting rid of that chair?
Not really. They have lockers but I doubt that would fit in a locker there.

Nope. I don’t plan on bringing it home and would rather donate it than throw it out. Hardly something to worry about now.

Well, I used to be a Girl Scout. We made these fancy waterproof pads for camping called "Sit-Upons".......seriously though, we're staying onsite too. It's summertime in Orlando. I dont have a problem with concrete (but my back might at some point)!

Wow... that's hardcore!

Sure, back when I was younger I could sleep on the ground next to a campfire with just a thin blanket. Now if I sleep on the wrong mattress it can mess up my whole day.

Could you pay someone to hold your place in line?... or maybe leave some dressed up mannequins in your place while you slept in your hotel bed?

I think it's best to wait until Disney gives the go ahead on the camping out before buying things to use. During sww you could dispose of things in their trash cans, if it didn't fit you had to take it back to the car. They did not allow for people leaving larger items behind

So far, my plan for "camping" comfort is a cheapo inflatable pool float. I'll blow it up in my car, bring it to the queue and use it for whatever sleep I can get, then deflate it and either toss it in the trash or pack it in my backpack. I will have a car, but don't want to carry a chair back to it. Solid chance I skip it altogether, though, and just bring an old beach towel.

Honestly, my primary concern about spending QT with the concrete is fire ants: I'm VERY allergic to them. They don't seem to hang out on smooth asphalt much, but cracks in sidewalks are prime fire ant real estate. If you see someone creating some kind of DEET (is that even a threat to fire ants?! I need to do some research...) and Mylar blanket blockade around her spot in line, that'll probably be me lol!

So far, my plan for "camping" comfort is a cheapo inflatable pool float. I'll blow it up in my car, bring it to the queue and use it for whatever sleep I can get, then deflate it and either toss it in the trash or pack it in my backpack. I will have a car, but don't want to carry a chair back to it. Solid chance I skip it altogether, though, and just bring an old beach towel.

Honestly, my primary concern about spending QT with the concrete is fire ants: I'm VERY allergic to them. They don't seem to hang out on smooth asphalt much, but cracks in sidewalks are prime fire ant real estate. If you see someone creating some kind of DEET (is that even a threat to fire ants?! I need to do some research...) and Mylar blanket blockade around her spot in line, that'll probably be me lol!
that's a good idea. If they do allow camping out I hope they bring out a screen, like they use for movies under the stars, and just marathon all the movies :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!