Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Opening Day *August 29* Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's a good idea. If they do allow camping out I hope they bring out a screen, like they use for movies under the stars, and just marathon all the movies :D
Well that makes me want to camp out all the more! A pool raft is the best idea yet...now what am I going to do with the 2 inflatable chairs from Five Below? lol!

Well that makes me want to camp out all the more! A pool raft is the best idea yet...now what am I going to do with the 2 inflatable chairs from Five Below? lol!

Kick it up a notch... and get this as well!:
https://www.amazon.com/Intex-Pull-out-Sofa-Inflatable-Queen/dp/B005OHF65I/ref=asc_df_B005OHF65I/Then you'll have the entire living room set. You can invite your fellow line guests over!

I wonder if someone makes an inflatable dry bar?... you'd be the envy of everyone in line. :smooth:

Need your own pump though.

I didn’t plan on being anywhere near HS on 8/29 after I heard about opening. We’re amongst those who booked vacation and got stuck with something we were trying to avoid. However, today was my FP booking day and I can’t get SDD until, that’s right, 8/29. (Same for FOP...). So I did an 8PM FP as we are intending to visit a water park that day. I hope it’s not a nightmare as no one at my house is interested in Star Wars enough to do more than FP Star Tours...

Last edited:
Hi. I will be in Disney September 4-14 and have an extra day booked at BWVs on September 10 so I can walk to MGM at 4:15 am on September 11. But, with all the posts about camping out, do you all plan on camping out for the first day, or do you/will you be camping out each night? Need to make my game plan LOL

Thank you.

Hi. I will be in Disney September 4-14 and have an extra day booked at BWVs on September 10 so I can walk to MGM at 4:15 am on September 11. But, with all the posts about camping out, do you all plan on camping out for the first day, or do you/will you be camping out each night? Need to make my game plan LOL

Thank you.
I think by then you will have a good idea of the appropriate time to arrive

Hi. I will be in Disney September 4-14 and have an extra day booked at BWVs on September 10 so I can walk to MGM at 4:15 am on September 11. But, with all the posts about camping out, do you all plan on camping out for the first day, or do you/will you be camping out each night?
Your dates are past the initial opening days and will be into the EEMHs period - I really do not think people will camp out overnight for EEMHs, nor do I think WDW will allow that. Those of us planning to go on opening day, itself, are assuming we'll need to camp out to some degree, but until WDW releases info about what will be allowed, we don't have any settled plans.

I didn’t plan on being anywhere near HS on 8/29 after I heard about opening. We’re amongst those who booked vacation and got stuck with something we were trying to avoid. However, today was my FP booking day and I can’t get SDD until, that’s right, 8/29. (Same for FOP...). So I did an 8PM FP as we are intending to visit a water park that day. I hope it’s not a nightmare as no one at my house is interested in Star Wars enough to do more than FP Star Tours...
same situation. making fp's this morning. i decided to play it by ear and probably doing epcot 29th with food and wine opening. maybe i can make frozen fp that day this morning. also decided to do emm dhs 8/26 and just knock out dhs and be done with it for that week and avoid the area.

same situation. making fp's this morning. i decided to play it by ear and probably doing epcot 29th with food and wine opening. maybe i can make frozen fp that day this morning. also decided to do emm dhs 8/26 and just knock out dhs and be done with it for that week and avoid the area.
I thought about that, but I’m not sure $200+ for 75 minutes of rides at a time that would be World War III with my kid is with it!!

I know nothing has been confirmed yet, but what are the chances Disney will roll out a reservation system for the opening of SWGE in WDW? At this point, it seems a little late in the game to announce a reservation system, but it just seems crazy to not have some sort of system in place to control the inevitable chaos that will ensue.

I know nothing has been confirmed yet, but what are the chances Disney will roll out a reservation system for the opening of SWGE in WDW? At this point, it seems a little late in the game to announce a reservation system, but it just seems crazy to not have some sort of system in place to control the inevitable chaos that will ensue.
Very unlikely, a Virtual queue would be the most likely thing.

How does the virtual queue work?
At DL this is how it works. If we get the VQ it might work similar:
The land opens to guests, the land fills to capacity and the VQ kicks in on the DL app (for us it will be MDE) On the app it tells you that the land is full but you are invited to join a boarding group. You click join and it tells you an approx time of day (afternoon, mid afternoon, evening) that you'll be allowed inside the land. You can go about your day knowing an aprox time, so you can go do other attractions, eat...
Once your boarding group is called (a notification on the app) you have up to 2 hours to make it inside before losing your spot in the VQ, so let's say you're eating, or in line for an attraction or even your hotel room, you have 2 hours to come to GE.
At DL guests need to have scanned their tickets at either DL or DCA for them to be able to use the VQ, you can e leave the park but first you must have scanned your ticket to enter.
Here at WDW it should work the same, where you can go into any of the 4 parks and be eligible to join the VQ. Every member of your family has to scan tickets, you cannot come in by yourself and then get all of the people in your MDE party to join

At DL this is how it works. If we get the VQ it might work similar:
The land opens to guests, the land fills to capacity and the VQ kicks in on the DL app (for us it will be MDE) On the app it tells you that the land is full but you are invited to join a boarding group. You click join and it tells you an approx time of day (afternoon, mid afternoon, evening) that you'll be allowed inside the land. You can go about your day knowing an aprox time, so you can go do other attractions, eat...
Once your boarding group is called (a notification on the app) you have up to 2 hours to make it inside before losing your spot in the VQ, so let's say you're eating, or in line for an attraction or even your hotel room, you have 2 hours to come to GE.
At DL guests need to have scanned their tickets at either DL or DCA for them to be able to use the VQ, you can e leave the park but first you must have scanned your ticket to enter.
Here at WDW it should work the same, where you can go into any of the 4 parks and be eligible to join the VQ. Every member of your family has to scan tickets, you cannot come in by yourself and then get all of the people in your MDE party to join

THANK YOU SO MUCH for this information!
I keep reading about VQ, but had no clue what it was or how it worked and you have explained it perfectly!
I'm hoping I don't need a VQ, planning on being at MGM by 4:15 am and getting into SW in one of the first few groups! Hope to do TSM, ToT, Muppets and a few little other things and head out by 9 am / 10 am. Rest and Epcot in evening. Thank you again!

I really don't think you have to worry about AK being a nightmare on the opening day of SWGE. My guess is that you will be pleasantly surprised by the lack of crowds at all of the parks other than HS (at least, if the underwhelming crowds at DL upon opening are any indication).

I really don't think you have to worry about AK being a nightmare on the opening day of SWGE. My guess is that you will be pleasantly surprised by the lack of crowds at all of the parks other than HS (at least, if the underwhelming crowds at DL upon opening are any indication).
I agree but wouldnt think that Epcot will be dead. It's also the opening of F&W...of course I expect that weekend to be full of locals which is why we are keeping out during the weekend.

It's also the opening of F&W...of course I expect that weekend to be full of locals which is why we are keeping out during the weekend.
Speaking as a local, there is no way on earth I'd go to F&WF in the heat of August, lol! We've got all fall to wait for better temps. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts