Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Opening Day *August 29* Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not 9/29 but may work then as well, I have a 9:15 droid build and a 12:25 at Oga’s on 8/30. Assuming droid build will be over and I’ll stay for Oga’s. Lunch and shopping maybe. Won’t try the ride until the next visit at extra magic hours
So I can arrive at, say, 8 instead of 5.

Have we decided that an hour is plenty of time to build a droid if we have a time slot? I have a 10:45 droid build for dh and me and our F&W tequila lunch is at noon. Am I cutting it too close? We will definitely walk/run with our droids from DHS to Epcot (unless the Skyliner is open, which I'm fairly sure it wont be).....I was so excited to get a time I didnt look at our schedule. If I can, I will try and get a droid build later in the afternoon but after the tequila lunch I cant promise it'll actually look like a droid. Lol

Skyliner won't go direct from DHS to Epcot, there's a transfer involved at Caribbean Beach. Might be better to take the boat, but we won't know skyliner timing until it starts running.

One suggestion is to look at photos or videos online of the droid build and maybe get a good idea of what kind of droid you want, and what colors and accessories you like best. Then you know what parts you are looking for when you reach the conveyor and may not have to spend time deciding.

3ygvqtxltne31.jpg

325q84qxtne31.jpg

via r/GalaxysEdge

Going to be in Tampa for work the first week of September. Decided to take a week off work and go down early for opening day. Just booked my hotel and tickets!

Any idea if we need to check in 1 hr or 15 min before the Droid Depot reservation? When I made my reservation it said to check in 1 hr prior, but the Droid Depot website says 15 min and MDE says arrive at the reservation time.

I still haven't figured out what time we'll need to arrive on the morning of the 29th (or evening of the 28th, perhaps) or how any of this is going to work... I was hoping for more information by now. And I got shut out on reservations for everything. All I know is that the wife and I are mentally preparing to possibly not sleep that night. o_O What times have some of you settled for arriving and hoping for the best?

I still haven't figured out what time we'll need to arrive on the morning of the 29th (or evening of the 28th, perhaps) or how any of this is going to work... I was hoping for more information by now. And I got shut out on reservations for everything. All I know is that the wife and I are mentally preparing to possibly not sleep that night. o_O What times have some of you settled for arriving and hoping for the best?
most of us are thinking midnight. Rumors are that they will try and open the park by 3am to let people queue inside. Anothe rumor is that they might use Indiana Jones theater as a gathering place

most of us are thinking midnight. Rumors are that they will try and open the park by 3am to let people queue inside. Anothe rumor is that they might use Indiana Jones theater as a gathering place

Will you be posting here through the day or do I need to follow you on Twitter? (9/1 is our DHS day so I will be following all this closely at first)

Have we decided that an hour is plenty of time to build a droid if we have a time slot? I have a 10:45 droid build for dh and me and our F&W tequila lunch is at noon. Am I cutting it too close? We will definitely walk/run with our droids from DHS to Epcot (unless the Skyliner is open, which I'm fairly sure it wont be).....I was so excited to get a time I didnt look at our schedule. If I can, I will try and get a droid build later in the afternoon but after the tequila lunch I cant promise it'll actually look like a droid. Lol

Skyliner would take 20mins alone, DHS station to IG station if it's open. Then there's security and getting to... Mexico? Sounds like it's cutting close and you wouldn't enjoy the build experience you're paying for.

DHS->IG is just under a mile, IIRC, if you cut through Boardwalk at the right spots. If you're going to walk/run, how fast is your mile? ;)

Will you be posting here through the day or do I need to follow you on Twitter? (9/1 is our DHS day so I will be following all this closely at first)
I will try and post here as much as possible. I'm live streaming as much as I can that day so that would be my priority. But I'm also planning on being inside the land all day long so I'm sure I'll come on here and report back. I don't do twitter :)

I will try and post here as much as possible. I'm live streaming as much as I can that day so that would be my priority. But I'm also planning on being inside the land all day long so I'm sure I'll come on here and report back. I don't do twitter :)

Thank goodness for no Twitter (I hate it).
I’ll pop in opening evening to see what I can catch up. We fly out early the next AM and I’m still undecided about when to arrive on 9/1 (I do have a 10:10am at Oga’s which may change everything for us)

I'm not attached to being among the first to get in... I have a 9am ADR for Oga's, so I assume I'll be able to get in then AND I'll be able to get some sleep. But I'd like to at least see some of the goings-on pre-opening and opening - if I arrive too late to get right into GE, I'm fine with doing other things at DHS until I can get into GE with my ADR. My conundrum is about what time I should plan to arrive and how to get there. @yulilin3 any thoughts on if the DHS parking lot is likely to fill to capacity, and if so, how early that might happen? I was thinking about driving over around 4am. But if buses start running at 4:30, maybe that would be better? IDK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!