Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Opening Day *August 29* Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is anyone trying to do both GE and F&W at EP on opening day? If so what is your plan/schedule?

If we leave HS in the middle of the day how much time should we leave for travel back and forth to EP?

yes, i want to do epcot food and wine same day. no clue how. i have info. that parking lots will open at 2 a.m. and resort buses at 3:45. i will be at coronado. i regret not getting a walkable resort like yacht now. i think 3:45 would be way too late. so i will do lyft or uber or even mears (?) . what time do you all think and i assume we go bagless?

Is anyone trying to do both GE and F&W at EP on opening day? If so what is your plan/schedule?

If we leave HS in the middle of the day how much time should we leave for travel back and forth to EP?
yes, i want to do epcot food and wine same day. no clue how. i have info. that parking lots will open at 2 a.m. and resort buses at 3:45. i will be at coronado. i regret not getting a walkable resort like yacht now. i think 3:45 would be way too late. so i will do lyft or uber or even mears (?) . what time do you all think and i assume we go bagless?
We are doing both. Early early on opening day at SWGE but just for a bit....we have a doid build scheduled for 0810 and a fast pass for TSMM right after that. We will probably grab a bite to eat if we can then head back to YC then go to F&W whenever we wake up/get done swimming, etc....I have a feeling that a few hours of opening day will be enough for dh and if it's stifling hot it'll be enough for me too. We were fortunate enough to have done the preview and I pretty much did all of my shopping then. It's an amazing planet :)

Would anyone coming on opening day be interested in joining a ******* chat? Id set it up for us, so that way we have a way to communicate on what time to get there, the lines, merchandise availability and be up to date for those of us there or coming at a later time. It would also be a fun way to be kept up to date on those there going as a group/solo and around 3am.

Last edited:
Are people thinking 3am now as the time to arrive? I was thinking 12am based on earlier replies. We're being dropped off by car, so we're trying to figure out how that's going to work.

Not sure how reliable this information is but I spoke with a CM who has been working in GE during the previews and she informed me that they'll be opening up parking garages at 12am and there will be a reservation system in place to enter (similar to Disneyland)

Ok kids, I am out of here, may pop in here briefly during the next week but we are out, will be in the World tomorrow, so excited, hopefully I will meet some of you in person, so wear your DIS T-shirts so I know who you are!! ;)

BRIGHT SUNS!!!! :darth::chewy::sunny:

Oh and BOO to you and you and you!!!:hmghost:

Ok kids, I am out of here, may pop in here briefly during the next week but we are out, will be in the World tomorrow, so excited, hopefully I will meet some of you in person, so wear your DIS T-shirts so I know who you are!! ;)

BRIGHT SUNS!!!! :darth::chewy::sunny:

Oh and BOO to you and you and you!!!:hmghost:
Same! leaving today. still thinking 3 a.m. though ....

I'm staying at Coronado springs and even though the busses will start at 3:45 am would it be better to grab a lyft or uber?

any thoughts on doing the dessert party opening weekend

I checked this morning and noted there was still a lot of availability. We really enjoyed the dessert party the last time we did it- I wonder if there will be anything special with galaxies Edge opening

Would anyone coming on opening day be interested in joining a ******* chat? Id set it up for us, so that way we have a way to communicate on what time to get there, the lines, merchandise availability and be up to date for those of us there or coming at a later time. It would also be a fun way to be kept up to date on those there going as a group/solo and around 3am.

Love this idea! Staying at Coronado and heading over at 12am with a party of 2. If you make one link me!

I do not need to be one of the first ones in so I am not planning to super early. Still deciding on what time to arrive but it will be after 4 am.

I just left DHS. Talked to a couple of cm
Tram operator: the parking lot will be open and staffed 24 hours
Security at entrance: first shift starts st 3:30am
Entrance cm : first shift starts at 4am
All of them told me they are expecting and prepared for people showing up by midnight

any thoughts on doing the dessert party opening weekend

I checked this morning and noted there was still a lot of availability. We really enjoyed the dessert party the last time we did it- I wonder if there will be anything special with galaxies Edge opening
I doubt there will be anything special at the dessert party, but it's a good one to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!