Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

rteetz

DIS Veteran
Retail and Merchandise items

This land will have numerous opportunities for guests to remember their visit to Batuu.

star-wars-land-marketplace-concept-art-1024x616-jpg.373031

Select pre-opening merchandise is onsale inside Disney parks right now as guests prep for Black Spire Outpost and Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.

Inside the land there will be a creature stall where guests can meet and adopt creatures from the Star Wars universe such as Loth-cats. Local artisans will also sell handcrafted items in the marketplace.

Special Merchandise Will Extend Storytelling in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge

Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities

Dok-Ondar is an Ithorian (better known as “Hammerheads,” after the nickname given to the one who first turned up in the cantina in 1977’s original Star Wars. This one is older, with a wisp of white hair, and an elegant cloak swirling around him as he presides over his shop of artifacts. He’s also the central figure in writer Ethan Sack’s upcoming Galaxy’s Edge comic book.

Doc is the gatekeeper of the black market. Valuable rare items find their way to Batuu and Black Spire Outpost for an infamous Ithorian.

The artifacts are matched exactly to the film including a taxidermized Wampa similar to the snowbeast who Luke encountered in Empire Strikes Back.

Not all of Doc's items are for sale.

Lightsabers for sale at Doc
Ondar's

Savi's Lightsabers

Building lightsabers is not a First Order approved activity. Guests will sign up for build sessions and can choose from assorted parts. These lightsabers will cost you $250 and come with a very nice carrying case. You can book times for Disneyland or Walt Disney World online.

Employees in the show are known as gatherers. They are dedicated to balancing the force and sharing knowledge of it. Guests go on a guided tour with the gatherers to build their lightsaber.

• Peace and Justice
    Utilize salvaged scraps of fallen Jedi temples and crashed starships in Republic-era lightsaber designs that honor the galaxy’s former guardians.
  • Power and Control
    Originally forged by warriors from the dark side, objects used in this lightsaber style are rumored remnants from the Sith homeworld and abandoned temples.
  • Elemental Nature
    Craft your lightsaber from special components born from the Force—an energy created by all living things, like Brylark trees, Cartusion whale bones and even Rancor teeth.
  • Protection and Defense
    Incorporate hilt materials bearing mysterious motifs and inscriptions that reconnect users with the ancient wellspring of the Force.
Savi's Lightsabers are $249.99 plus tax

The Gatherers will now help you select the heart of your lightsaber—the kyber crystal, which is available in red, blue, green or violet. Next, begin assembling your hilt—parts will be provided based on your theme and cloisonné pin. Each box of parts includes:

1 hilt
4 sleeves (pick 2)
2 emitters (pick 1)
2 pommel caps (pick 1)
2 sets of activation plates and switches (pick 1 set)

More details were released as well:
  • Additional customization items can be purchased at Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities
  • Age Recommendation: 5+
  • The experience area is limited to the builder and one Guest—at least one person in the party must be age 14 or older
  • Custom lightsabers are nonrefundable and are not eligible for Annual Passholder or other discounts
  • The Savi’s Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers experience is subject to availability
  • Reservations are highly recommended.
The colors range from Sith red, to Jedi blue and green, as well as Mace Windu Purple. Each colorful gem has readable tech that can be removed and added to a holocron cube to hear lessons from gone heroes and villains.

Mubo’s Droid Depot

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-4-6.jpg

Mubo has set up a droid display. These driods will be beeping and squawking and swiveling but generally stay in place. You won't be able to take home a full size one but you can buy one about the size of a coffee machine that can remote control around Black Spire Outpost which use beaconing technology to receive signals from other droids in the area. Disneyland and Walt Disney World both offer reservations for this experience.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-1-7.jpg

Two basic models: R (R2-D2) unit and BB (BB-8) unit.

The store is set up like a cafeteria where there is a conveyor belt where you walk along and choose your droid pieces. There is an activation center where your droid comes to life. Larger droids circulate the shop as you build. There is even an oil bath like C-3PO got in the first Star Wars film.

Parts Station

Select from a colorful variety of components to customize your droid as they roll by on the shop’s conveyor belt:

BB-Series

• Dome
  • Dome Connection Plate
  • Body Sphere
  • Motivator
R-Series
  • Dome
  • Body
  • Center Leg
  • Set of Side-Legs
Build Station

Here you’ll follow simple “placemat” instructions or graphic monitor displays to assemble your droid in the proper sequence. Once complete, your droid will be paired with a remote control and activated as you watch it come to life!

Pricing

• $99.99 per astromech droid unit, plus tax
  • Carry box and instructions included
  • Various personality-affiliation chips and other accessories are available for an additional charge
  • Age Recommendation: 3+
  • The experience area is limited to the builder and one Guest—at least one person in the party must be age 14 or older
  • Custom astromech droid units are nonrefundable and are not eligible for Annual Passholder or other discounts
  • The Droid Depot experience is subject to availability
  • Reservations are recommended, late arrivals may not be accommodated

Bina’s Creature Stall

[URL]https://youtu.be/W5GLhYFh5LI[/URL]

creature-stall-concept-art-star-wars-galaxys-edge-1068x600.jpg

You can buy a Porg! Everything is in character so you won't be buying a "plush Porg" but rather a pet. The baby tauntauns talk when you pet them. Rathtars are available too. Larger versions of these character will be around the shop but not for sale.

Toydarian Toyshop

Handmade toys like young Jan Erso and Rey had will be available.

The idea is that kids like toys made of their heroes and these dolls are crafted for the children to idolize their galactic heroes.

To help guests keep cool there are moisture vaporators. For the musically inclined there are fanfare clarinets from the Mos Eisley band and the drums from the Ewok celebrations.

780w-463h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-5.jpg

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-4-7.jpg

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-4-5.jpg

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-4-8.jpg

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-4-9.jpg

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-4-11.jpg

Resistance Supply

Pick up gear that proves your allegiance to the Resistance and help fight the First Order.

56232328_10219334730664789_8603447323617394688_o.jpg

First Order Cargo

Proclaim your allegiance to the mighty First Order and shop recruitment gear and supplies.

55954384_10219334730904795_3251142345873162240_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI - They are already selling Galaxy's Edge t-shirts - we were there in Dec. and bought a couple in Tatooine Traders (also have passholder shirt). We also saw them at Launch Bay, but there they were more out in the open so selection was limited to xxl. At TT, they were mixed in with other shirts and had all sizes.

FYI - They are already selling Galaxy's Edge t-shirts - we were there in Dec. and bought a couple in Tatooine Traders (also have passholder shirt). We also saw them at Launch Bay, but there they were more out in the open so selection was limited to xxl. At TT, they were mixed in with other shirts and had all sizes.
Yep that’s noted in the first post. They have shirts, Water bottles, and lanyards/pins.

Oh, great, I'm gonna be "that" 40-something year-old woman walking around with all this stuff that's so cool while you are there, and then you get home and it's, "What was I thinking?!" But, it's gonna be fun doing it... now if I can just convince the husband how fun it'll be! Or, just take the whole family and blame it all on the kids...

I'm a little worried about the build your own light saber shop. I read you have to sign up for a "build" and they only let 14 people at a time (in 20 minute increments). Don't ask me where I read it, I've read so many in the last 2 days I wouldn't know where to relook - but for those of you in the know, is this true? The crowds that are expected for GE are massive, and getting to build the light saber will probably be important to quite a few. It doesn't feel like it will be doable for a lot of people if this is true.

I'm a little worried about the build your own light saber shop. I read you have to sign up for a "build" and they only let 14 people at a time (in 20 minute increments). Don't ask me where I read it, I've read so many in the last 2 days I wouldn't know where to relook - but for those of you in the know, is this true? The crowds that are expected for GE are massive, and getting to build the light saber will probably be important to quite a few. It doesn't feel like it will be doable for a lot of people if this is true.
probably here where you read it https://io9.gizmodo.com/star-wars-galaxys-edge-the-77-most-fascinating-things-1832883014

Obviously we don't know the answer and can only assume. But if it's important to you I would sign up at opening, 56 people an hour is quite a lot, I know this will be popular but that's almost 500 people in an 8 hour park day

probably here where you read it https://io9.gizmodo.com/star-wars-galaxys-edge-the-77-most-fascinating-things-1832883014

Obviously we don't know the answer and can only assume. But if it's important to you I would sign up at opening, 56 people an hour is quite a lot, I know this will be popular but that's almost 500 people in an 8 hour park day
I also think that at >$100 per lightsaber, it will price out large families who aren’t super fans. So between the price point and the fairly high turn over, I don’t see this being impossible to do if it’s on your list of must dos.

I also think that at >$100 per lightsaber, it will price out large families who aren’t super fans. So between the price point and the fairly high turn over, I don’t see this being impossible to do if it’s on your list of must dos.
Lightsabers look much better than the current build-your-own versions. Can anyone tell if it is still a telescoping blade or actually more like an uber flashlight? I feel like it has to be the former, but a guy can dream...

Lightsabers look much better than the current build-your-own versions. Can anyone tell if it is still a telescoping blade or actually more like an uber flashlight? I feel like it has to be the former, but a guy can dream...
Blades are $49.99 on top of the $109 for the hilts. I prefer non-telescoping blades anyways, no accidentally hitting people around you

Blades are $49.99 on top of the $109 for the hilts. I prefer non-telescoping blades anyways, no accidentally hitting people around you
Lendo Testa and Qui-Gon Jimm Hill gave some more details on the latest Disney Dish Podcast...a journalist at the DL media day mentioned that the blades are solid/not retractable and will come with a carrying case.

Lendo Testa and Qui-Gon Jimm Hill gave some more details on the latest Disney Dish Podcast...a journalist at the DL media day mentioned that the blades are solid/not retractable and will come with a carrying case.

Non retractable? What a bummer. I would have thought Disney would have figured out the technology to make this work (better than the cheap plastic toy store ones anyway). It's a huge thing to carry around for the amount of money being paid.

Well I hope the droids and the porg don't cost too much... since GE opens our second last day we'll try and get to shop, those are what kiddo wants but we have to save enough of our spending money for them :) And suitcase space. The light sabers look awesome but expensive and difficult to get home on the plane I think. So that will have to wait for another trip!

My son just told me he wants to build a lightsaber ☹️ We’re flying though. If they’re not retractable they won’t fit in a suitcase. Will they work as carry on?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!