Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

Question re: the light sabers - there's a part of the experience at Savi's where the person making it lifts up the saber - how heavy is this thing in estimated poundage?
Would a 6 year old be able to lift it unassisted or would he more than likely need help/helping hand?

Any word on the fall sabers being spotted in Dok's yet? Either Dooku or the Clone Wars Ahsoka hilts?
If you mean the one from Rebels, they were available at HS and at DS. If you meant the ones that she used at the end of Clone Wars, no.

So there are reservations available on my day of visiting (11/14) at 9:25am and 9:45am at Savis. Have they been doing this before park open consistently?
Hollywood Studios opens at 9AM on that Saturday.

Heyyyy - I have an early reservation at Savi’s next week. What do you do with your lightsaber the rest of the day? Since park pick up isn’t operating, do you just carry it on the rides with you?
I did mine after 2 pm. Luckily one in my party didn't want to ride Tower of Terror or Aerosmith so she held on to it. But on Slinky's ride, they told me I could lay it down in the car. It fit but I didn't necessarily feel comfortable doing it. But it didn't seem like some of the rides were letting you put things aside.

Question re: the light sabers - there's a part of the experience at Savi's where the person making it lifts up the saber - how heavy is this thing in estimated poundage?
Would a 6 year old be able to lift it unassisted or would he more than likely need help/helping hand?
They weigh a couple of pounds and there was a child 6 or 7 that was in our group and he didn't have any trouble. However, I would caution giving a $200 item to someone that young.

Last edited:
Since this was my first time at Galaxy's edge, I wanted some photopass pictures in front of the Millenium Falcon. It got later, so it was going to be dark out and then I thought, hey why don't I pose with the lightsaber. I don't regret it. :)

Yes. They're the one that change colors. They were released Oct 30 in the evening when the voice for Ahsoka, Ashley Eckstein, showed up to a lightsaber meet up and announced they were on sale. She even signed 300 of them that lasted til Saturday afternoon. I picked mine up literally about 2 hrs after the last signed one was sold

Yes. They're the one that change colors. They were released Oct 30 in the evening when the voice for Ahsoka, Ashley Eckstein, showed up to a lightsaber meet up and announced they were on sale. She even signed 300 of them that lasted til Saturday afternoon. I picked mine up literally about 2 hrs after the last signed one was sold

It was a rush following your day with acquiring those too! I'll see if they're there on Saturday when I'm finally in DHS.

It was a rush following your day with acquiring those too! I'll see if they're there on Saturday when I'm finally in DHS.
haha! I'm still salty I just barely missed out on the signed ones.

From what I've been reading, they do still have them in stock, but according to a CM it's getting low (take it with a grain of salt though since it's from a cm)

haha! I'm still salty I just barely missed out on the signed ones.

From what I've been reading, they do still have them in stock, but according to a CM it's getting low (take it with a grain of salt though since it's from a cm)

We'll see... Had you heard that from a Bus Driver it'd be more credible for sure.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this question but does anyone know if there is a way to ship a lightsaber from Hollywood Studios if the building is after the regular hrs of the park? Have a reservation for after 7 which is park closing and just want to known if I’ll be able to ship it from the park home.

Does anybody know if the new Ahsoka sabers are back yet, or if not are there any rumors about them coming back soon?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter