Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

I have tried literally dozens of times on a computer, a phone, and the app and have gotten "Something Went Wrong. Please Try Again" every. single. time. I have waited in the queue to get in, I have used the back button, I have used a different MDE account, I have tried a different cc, I have tried only 1 person instead of 2, I have tried incognito, I have tried multiple browsers, I have entered 2 kids names dozens of times each, and every time I get to the last step it spins for a few seconds and gives that message. When I started wasting my time this AM I could try for a 9:30 appt. Now it's up to 1:30 at the earliest. I've seen the opening weekend sell out, so I know people are getting these. This is ridiculous. I can buy something on amazon without a problem, but every time disney releases something I waste a day and may or may not get what I'm trying to spend a lot of money on. I'm so irritated right now.

Can I add that Im trying to get these for my brother and SID for my niece and nephew, and won't even be going myself! Arghhhhhh. I'm so annoyed.

For non-reservations at Disneyland and during CM previews it was one builder and one guest per droid.
Ugh .. I hate this policy (but understand it would get pretty crowded if every family of 4 and 5 were in there to build 1 droid) .. not sure how to experience this with my family. My littlest one doesn't need a lightsaber, so we were going to get her a droid. So I guess I have to split up the family to do these. :( ...

So families of 3 just have to have a parent sit out of the fun?

I am sure there will be a lot of upset families that show up (not knowing this policy) hoping to build one (really expensive) lightsaber but have the whole family enjoy the experience. They may just walk away and not purchase one at all.
You'd think that Disney would have designed the space around the thought of big families wanting to experience it without having to buy multiple items.

Last edited:
Has anyone been able to book for the droid or lightsaber experience after Jan 24th? I’m trying to book for Jan 30th but it keeps saying “Something went wrong”.

2 droids and a light saber on October 9. I assume I will be admitted to GE without a problem?

Couldn't get it to work for Savi's on the computer in Chrome or Safari....just the eternal Millennium Falcon. Finally got it to work on the phone, in Safari, not the app. Still no success with the cantina, though.

My 10yo son will be the builder at both Savi's AND the Droid depot. A parent will be his guest each time. I put the reservations in my name.

Do I need to make new ones with his name as the participant? If I do NOT need to. Will I be the only one able to go in with him since my name is attached to both ressies?

Managed to book a reservation at Savi’s to build a lightsaber and booked it for two participants. Does anyone know whether this means we are both building a lightsaber or if this is just one experience but two people participating in it?

If you booked for 2, it's 2 builders. If you only want 1 builder and 1 guest, then you should modify your reservation.

I'm wondering what time the first reservations for Savi's were offered... 9:00? If so, do you think there is still a possibility for walk-up opportunities 6AM-9AM? We are there 8/29 - 9/1, so if there is still a possibility, we will try.

I was able to get two participants for both droids and light sabers for my husband and son for Thanksgiving Day. They are going to be really excited!

I made a reservation for two at Droid Depot, then cancelled. Made another for one participant with a later time, after reading the rules and regulations. It took a few tries, on different browsers, tablets and phones.

Last edited:
In being a WDW resort guest, does anyone know if you can have your LS and or Droid delivered to ones resort? Was able to snag both for the AM and honestly dont feel like carrying them all day.......

Did anyone ever answer this? I’m also trying to find out if we can take it “LS” on the plane and cruise after we make it. Anyone know of where the answer might be? I heard you get a case for it, but what is it like? Is it packable?

I am so confused. I have 3 kids who want to build their own droids, can I put them all on one reservation? My husband and I will go with them just to watch. Can I do this with 1 reservation or do I need 3 separate reservations? Right now I have 2 people at 1:10, 2 at 1:15 and 1 at 1:20 and I am wondering if that means I am building 5 droids or 3.

I am so confused. I have 3 kids who want to build their own droids, can I put them all on one reservation? My husband and I will go with them just to watch. Can I do this with 1 reservation or do I need 3 separate reservations? Right now I have 2 people at 1:10, 2 at 1:15 and 1 at 1:20 and I am wondering if that means I am building 5 droids or 3.
You have 5 Droids in the making. If you only need 3, cancel the 2 at 1:10.

Did anyone ever answer this? I’m also trying to find out if we can take it “LS” on the plane and cruise after we make it. Anyone know of where the answer might be? I heard you get a case for it, but what is it like? Is it packable?
It has been answer that yes you can take it on the plane. It was mention in the Disneyland thread.

The box from the YouTube videos is rather large. I think it would pack better with the box flat and the droid separate. We are doing a cruise the next day and I assume there will be no issue with the droid since they use normal batteries but I would love confirmation.

You can bring a lightsaber as a carry-on on the plane. Ours fit in the overhead behind our bags (with only the blade inside, not blade and handle). The case is approximately 44 inches long. There is a part where it can bend, so the longest section is about 34 inches (with the lightsaber blade inside).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts