Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

Just worked for me too. I think I have been trying for a full 24 hours. So weird. Thank you to whoever came up that that idea!
Me Too! Great work around! Funny how guests staying offsite now have the advantage for booking...

Question on the Savis workshop lightsabers.

I dont really want to research/spoil the experience much at all. I have seen still images of the sabers, but DO NOT want to watch videos of the experience and such.

But . .since I need to make a decision to purchase one before I can even check it out in person (dont like this, but I get it is a popular experience), I am curious of the quality of these blades from anyone who has experienced it.

So .. are these more of a toy or more of a decorative prop?

I bought an Ultra Saber 3 years ago (for my second child's gender reveal) for over $250 (more than these), but that saber has metal handle, full sound board with six different types of lightsaber sounds, movement based sound effects, bright LED light (purple - we had a girl!), flashing white light and clash sounds (when struck together) and strong plastic blade meant for play fighting. The blade also removes if you just want to wear the hilt on a costume.

How are these sabers? I am not expecting super high quality from theme park merchandise mass produced in China (probably). Are they metal? Plastic? Strong?

Just debating if I want one . .and if so will it be for my own personal room decoration or something for the kid? $200 seems a lot to give a 7 year old (who dont know their own strength) who may crack it in half with play fighting with a friend. Just hard to determine that without seeing the blades in person or spoiling it with video reviews.

So looking for some generic descriptions on what these blades are capable of and their quality.
Thanks.

If you want one later in the day what's the best way to snag one? I was on between 3:30-5pm (cat) yesterday booking mine Savi's/Droid Depot and got 11/12 but would honestly prefer slightly later in the day so we can use FP+ in other parts of the park first (assuming swge won't have FP+ by December).
I got my Savi's reservation at 8:04PM Central Daylight Time (UTC-5), Oga's at 8:45PM CDT. We're rope dropping Smuggler's Run, then coming back in the evening to see SWGE at twilight, from the 60FPS vids, it looks amazing at night.

Thank you to those who figured out another, non-linked account could make a reservation for the Droid Depot! My husband created an account and booked the reservations for our kids for that.

Now, a (maybe silly?) follow up question: does it matter that that reservation won't be on the same account as our tickets (and my kids' magic bands?)? Will he be able to show it on his phone in the app?

ETA: And for those who are still trying to book - for our date (mid October), the morning slots were ALL taken, the earliest in the day I could book was 11:40, but the afternoon and evening were wide open still.

Does anyone have experience from DL as to how on time savi’s is? We have twins that my DH and I will take turns accompanying (we can’t all go in together because we have a baby one of us needs to wait with outside) and we have spaced them 40 mins apart. Everyone seems to say it is 20-30 mins but if the first one doesn’t start on time I am worried the second twin may miss his appointment.

Does anyone have experience from DL as to how on time savi’s is? We have twins that my DH and I will take turns accompanying (we can’t all go in together because we have a baby one of us needs to wait with outside) and we have spaced them 40 mins apart. Everyone seems to say it is 20-30 mins but if the first one doesn’t start on time I am worried the second twin may miss his appointment.

No personal experience, but Tom Bricker's review said 25 minutes.

Question on the Savis workshop lightsabers.

I dont really want to research/spoil the experience much at all. I have seen still images of the sabers, but DO NOT want to watch videos of the experience and such.

But . .since I need to make a decision to purchase one before I can even check it out in person (dont like this, but I get it is a popular experience), I am curious of the quality of these blades from anyone who has experienced it.

So .. are these more of a toy or more of a decorative prop?

I bought an Ultra Saber 3 years ago (for my second child's gender reveal) for over $250 (more than these), but that saber has metal handle, full sound board with six different types of lightsaber sounds, movement based sound effects, bright LED light (purple - we had a girl!), flashing white light and clash sounds (when struck together) and strong plastic blade meant for play fighting. The blade also removes if you just want to wear the hilt on a costume.

How are these sabers? I am not expecting super high quality from theme park merchandise mass produced in China (probably). Are they metal? Plastic? Strong?

Just debating if I want one . .and if so will it be for my own personal room decoration or something for the kid? $200 seems a lot to give a 7 year old (who dont know their own strength) who may crack it in half with play fighting with a friend. Just hard to determine that without seeing the blades in person or spoiling it with video reviews.

So looking for some generic descriptions on what these blades are capable of and their quality.
Thanks.
I’m no expert because I don’t own one yet, but I got to hold one at the merch preview at Star Wars Celebration—they are metal, very heavy and solid. I was impressed. I believe they are meant to stand up to some contact but are probably not rated for intense seven-year-old combat. They do have sounds, including clash sounds, and the blade color can be changed with different kyber crystals. The blades are detachable just like on the ultrasaber.

It says it is for ages 5 and up so if it is not sturdy enough for some kid-style play they are going to have a lot of demands for refunds.

We got there early, but ours at DL took some time for check-in and seemed to be a bit slow in getting going. It still was less than 45 minutes total. There's a good chance you'll be ok with 40 minutes apart. It was about 20 minutes once we were inside.

We got there early, but ours at DL took some time for check-in and seemed to be a bit slow in getting going. It still was less than 45 minutes total. There's a good chance you'll be ok with 40 minutes apart. It was about 20 minutes once we were inside.
Thanks!!! Super helpful... I just hope the fact that we will all be there will mean they won’t turn away the second kid if we are a minute behind... It is so hard to plan this stuff given how new it is.

Has anyone heard how rigid they've been in CA with the 1 guest per builder rule at Savi's? I searched this thread but I can only try so many phrases and reading through 28 pages about ALL the merch to find a lightsaber specific answer is a silly proposition. I'd start a new thread but apparently this one is for everything about anything you can buy in GE.
I've got two daughters and I'm sure they'd like to watch (or would feel excluded if they couldn't) while I build a lightsaber, neither of them would want one and we don't need 2 in the house. Is Disney honestly being this exclusive of families with these experiences? I know they often have rules that are there for keeping things from getting out of hand but only enforced when it gets close to that point, has anyone heard that being the case with the "builder and a guest" rule?

I've seen videos where there were definitely more than 2 in a group as only 1 was building inside (No more than 3). 2 kids shouldn't be a problem long as they remain behind you.

Thank you, thank you for the suggestion of a new MDE!! After hours of trying, I was able to get Savi's reservations, on the first attempt!

Thanks!!! Super helpful... I just hope the fact that we will all be there will mean they won’t turn away the second kid if we are a minute behind... It is so hard to plan this stuff given how new it is.

I have a really hard time believing they are going to turn a kid away who is standing there and has a reservation (and whose twin is already in there!). And they'll probably appreciate the fact that your family is following the builder +1 rule to the letter, to the extent of spreading out the reservations.

I've seen videos where there were definitely more than 2 in a group as only 1 was building inside (No more than 3). 2 kids shouldn't be a problem long as they remain behind you.
I am hoping they bend the rules a bit .. especially during the AP preview. I don't want my wife missing out of the experience of building a droid or lightsaber (if we choose to go that route .. still on the fence)

I have a really hard time believing they are going to turn a kid away who is standing there and has a reservation (and whose twin is already in there!). And they'll probably appreciate the fact that your family is following the builder +1 rule to the letter, to the extent of spreading out the reservations.

I am sure it is not a bending type of thing but more of a capacity issue which is out of Disney's hands, hope you have plan B, ask the CM and see if someone will give up a spot, I think 14 is the max and 14 guests, who knows good luck!.....

Just wanted to confirm — we don’t know yet if delivery to the resort will be offered for droids and light sabers yet, do we? We’re hopping to Epcot the day we build our droids and I’m wondering if we’ll need to keep track of them for the rest of the day. If so, we’ll just buckle our droids into the double stroller 😂

Let me know if you’ve heard anything!

Just wanted to confirm — we don’t know yet if delivery to the resort will be offered for droids and light sabers yet, do we? We’re hopping to Epcot the day we build our droids and I’m wondering if we’ll need to keep track of them for the rest of the day. If so, we’ll just buckle our droids into the double stroller 😂

Let me know if you’ve heard anything!
no word on resort or front of the park delivery

Ok just did a little digging and found the answer:
3. Will Resort delivery and package pick-up be available for droids and lightsabers? Yes, Guests who wish to send their droid or lightsaber to their Disney Resort hotel or to the front of the park will be able to do so.
Cool .. though since the droids interact with the land, I would guess most guests wouldn't want to ship those to the hotel. How do they keep the lightsabers under control btw? The blades don't retract, right? I know the $25 ones they sell in Tatooine Traders, they would tape closed to "prevent" the kids from opening them up fully and swinging them around. How do they stop kids (and adults) from swinging around $200 sabers in an immersive land?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts