Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

Has anyone flown home after Savis yet? Lightsaber won’t fit in luggage even after detaching blade. Can you carry on?
I didn't do a custom built light saber but I did get Anakin/Luke/Rey's legacy saber with the larger blade. I kept the blade in its box and carried it on the plane. I didn't want to put it in the overhead so I laid it at my feet. It actually fit perfectly next to the window.

Reservation links went live on the My Disney Exoerience App today for Savi's Workshop. This was not on the app last night.

Question about Savi's. Friend originally balked at the price tag but he seemed pretty interested in it so I was debating covering about half the cost of a saber (about what he normally gets between me and my parents for presents anyway) as an early Christmas gift if I can manage to nab a cancelation the day we go (the one current opening doesn't work with our current plans, and I'm not changing my plans). So I'm wondering if anyone knows if you can pay for half with a credit card and half with a gift card or something similar?

Droid Depot questions.

If I am a party of two and want to build two droids, how close should I make the reservations? Also, would there be any disadvantage to booking the reservations at the very end of the night? I wanted to see if I could hit some rides before getting the Droids so I do not damage them.

apparently Disneyland has been running out of some droid parts. I don't know about exactly when Disneyland started running out, what WDW's stocks are or how far from opening day you want to build droids. So there's no way to tell if having a later reservation would corrrelate to the parts you want not being available. But it's all I can think of.

Party of two I don't think it matters; you can have one member of the party build and the other watch, and then the other party member builds while the one who has already built watches, or you can try to have both reservations around the same time.

apparently Disneyland has been running out of some droid parts. I don't know about exactly when Disneyland started running out, what WDW's stocks are or how far from opening day you want to build droids. So there's no way to tell if having a later reservation would corrrelate to the parts you want not being available. But it's all I can think of.

Party of two I don't think it matters; you can have one member of the party build and the other watch, and then the other party member builds while the one who has already built watches, or you can try to have both reservations around the same time.
Thank you! Parts running out or being rushed during the process was a concern of mine. I've also heard the backpack is nearly impossible to get. I booked a 6:45pm and a 7:30pm thinking that would give us enough time to finish one, browse, and check-in up to 15 minutes early for the next. DHS closes at 10pm so it gives a little time. I saw reservations at 9:50pm! If I can get morning reservations I will probably try to change them. I plan on doing Extra EMH the next morning for the ride and other DHS attractions. I was hoping to get the droids completed the night before so I do not have to think about it during EMH.

Likely reported above ... but we found plenty of the GE Gift Cards ("Spira," the heavy, metal card) at DL's Dok Ondar's this past weekend.

Last edited:
I haven't done it yet but I don't see how you can be rushed in the droid build. From the videos I have seen they send you over to the conveyer, where you spend as much time as you need picking out droid parts. Most everybody selected their parts within about 10 minutes though. The build area is separate from the parts conveyer. A CM doesn't get involved until you want to activate your droid, unless you call one for assistance with your build.

DL did report the backpack being sold out for some time.

also, there was a DL video where a guy built himself a droid, but he did not realize that there were some extra accessory parts over by the build area (color panels for the front and legs). He went ahead and activated it and didn't realize until he left that there were more parts he could have gotten as part of the build (you can also buy these accessories at the store in different colors than are offered with the build), and the CM who activated his droid didn't mention it; she possibly assumed that he didn't want any color panels on his droid.

Last edited:
I haven't done it yet but I don't see how you can be rushed in the droid build. From the videos I have seen they send you over to the conveyer, where you spend as much time as you need picking out droid parts. Most everybody selected their parts within about 10 minutes though. The build area is separate from the parts conveyer. A CM doesn't get involved until you want to activate your droid, unless you call one for assistance with your build.

DL did report the backpack being sold out for some time.

also, there was a DL video where a guy built himself a droid, but he did not realize that there were some extra accessory parts over by the build area (color panels for the front and legs). He went ahead and activated it and didn't realize until he left that there were more parts he could have gotten as part of the build (you can also buy these accessories at the store in different colors than are offered with the build), and the CM who activated his droid didn't mention it; she possibly assumed that he didn't want any color panels on his droid.
Thanks! I have been watching some videos and it looked fun. I am honestly wondering if it would be less hectic/crowded now later at night 😂

I definitely want some of those other accessories in the side bins so I will be sure to look/ask for them!

Did the CMs have any suggestions if you encounter any problems after returning home?

Thanks! It’ll be interesting to see how they handle guest recovery regarding custom-built products that are already problematic during the preview period.

I’ll try searching the DLand board and I’ll ask when we are at DLand next week. 😊

I built mine at GE DLR and they doesn't seem to have a clue of what to do.
It has been almost a month since I called about my problem, then they told me to send an email, I did.
They are still "looking into" and sent the information to their In Park Galaxy's Edge team for review

I just wanted to report that I just shipped the lightsaber we built at Savis from the Boardwalk convention center mail room. We shipped it UPS, 5-7 day ground with an additional $100 in insurance ($100 was included) for just under $34. Just hoping it arrives in one piece. We are flying JetBlue home and didn’t want to run into any issues at security or the gate.

i did read one review of Droid Depot at DL where the reviewer said they felt "rushed" because there were people behind them waiting to get to the build area, not because of anything the CMs did.

I just wanted to report that I just shipped the lightsaber we built at Savis from the Boardwalk convention center mail room. We shipped it UPS, 5-7 day ground with an additional $100 in insurance ($100 was included) for just under $34. Just hoping it arrives in one piece. We are flying JetBlue home and didn’t want to run into any issues at security or the gate.

Thank you so much for sharing this!!!! JetBlue can be ruthless with carry ons!

Did you ask for the lightsaber box at Savi? I read they will give you the box if you inform them you plan to ship it.

Thank you so much for sharing this!!!! JetBlue can be ruthless with carry ons!

Did you ask for the lightsaber box at Savi? I read they will give you the box if you inform them you plan to ship it.

I didn’t. They gave us the padded sheath. I obviously didn’t do my research, so thank you for posting this info for future builders! The CM at the mail office taped two UPS shipping tubes together and put some bubble wrap at the top where there isn’t a lot of padding. I’m a little nervous about it, but did insure it just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter