Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

Dok Ondar has had no line for about a week

Thanks I knew someone would help me and spell it correctly! :)

We had none whatsoever when we flew SWA on Sept 6

We had them hold ours on our last day. They out a "fragile" sticker in it ;)

It was bad when we went on opening day but I think it's been ok lately. We did have to wait to get in on another evening the end of august.

Thanks! I didn't want to have to wait in line to get into a shop or my wife might shut me down. Also it's good info on how to get the light saber home. Thanks so much.

Over on the swge fb page they are reporting that ther spira card is sold out in DL , actually being discontinued
Wow! The Disney Tourist Blog was correct in predicting this - only available for a short time:

“We’d give the Batuuan Spira Credit Medallion about 2 months at Disneyland and Walt Disney World before it’s gone forever (that’s just a guess–again, we could be totally wrong), which could make it one of the most coveted Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge collectibles down the road!”
https://www.disneytouristblog.com/batuuan-spira-credit-medallion-gift-card-star-wars-galaxys-edge/

Over on the swge fb page they are reporting that the spira card is sold out in DL , actually being discontinued

Wow! I hope I'm able to grab one during our trip in Nov to WDW. If not I'll just keeping using my Minnie Mouse as Princess Leia card.

One of the merchants told me to hold on to it because it would be a collector’s item. I think this was in Dok Ondars.

Last edited:
I’m surprised they’re ending sales at all, let alone before the whole land is open. Paying with a Spira instead of earth money goes a long way to feeling like Batuu is real. Money is one of my pet peeves with Universal, as great as the wizarding world is. Wizards don’t have paper money so why is it at the exchange? I’m surprised Rowling let them. I wish they’d make plastic knuts, sickles, and galleons for spending and keep the nice metal sets for collectors.

I’m surprised they’re ending sales at all, let alone before the whole land is open. Paying with a Spira instead of earth money goes a long way to feeling like Batuu is real. Money is one of my pet peeves with Universal, as great as the wizarding world is. Wizards don’t have paper money so why is it at the exchange? I’m surprised Rowling let them. I wish they’d make plastic knuts, sickles, and galleons for spending and keep the nice metal sets for collectors.
They actually go into this during the VIP tour at Universal. It's why Muggles can get into Diagon Alley at all. It's a special day, where they've decided to open the Alley to anyone, not just the Wizards who know it's there. So on this day, they take Muggle money. Because if they were keeping to full cannon, Muggles couldn't get in

Which shops / kiosks sell the metal gift cards - or should I say the Batuuan Spira Credit Medallion? :-)

We will be there end of Sept. during EMH and I was hoping to get some tips as where to go to get one as soon as GE opens...

Last edited:
They actually go into this during the VIP tour at Universal. It's why Muggles can get into Diagon Alley at all. It's a special day, where they've decided to open the Alley to anyone, not just the Wizards who know it's there. So on this day, they take Muggle money. Because if they were keeping to full cannon, Muggles couldn't get in

That’s interesting. Still doesn’t explain why there’s a paper version of wizard
money but explains the use of muggle money/muggle plastic as they call credit cards. But back to SW. :)

If this has already been asked please forgive me. For Droid Depot and/or Savi's, does a child under three count as one of the two people allowed to enter on a reservation to make one droid or lightsaber (one maker, one watcher)? I know my brother is interested in Savi's. I'm sure his wife would enjoy watching the experience, but they will have a 2 year old and can't exactly leave him outside. Wondering if a child can tag along if being held, or if he'll just have to go alone.

The medallions are encased in a brown suede-like envelope. Behind the counter near the register area is where we found them in DL and the signage states $100 activation.
It's what I figured. Walked around GE couldn't find any. And tattoine traders

If this has already been asked please forgive me. For Droid Depot and/or Savi's, does a child under three count as one of the two people allowed to enter on a reservation to make one droid or lightsaber (one maker, one watcher)? I know my brother is interested in Savi's. I'm sure his wife would enjoy watching the experience, but they will have a 2 year old and can't exactly leave him outside. Wondering if a child can tag along if being held, or if he'll just have to go alone.

Whether an "extra" person in a family of three can get in has been the subject of much speculation--some have reported people being let in with the extra family member, others have seen people being refused to get in with more than one guest. If you are going by the official policy, the answer is one guest only.

That said, whether or not it is possible for a third to tag along, the policy also says the Savi's workshop is for guests age 5 and older. So I think your friend would be out of lock since they would be asking for an exception to both rules. I also think the age rule is likely to be more strictly enforced than the one guest rule because other guests would complain and demand a refund if their $200 experience that is supposed to be very emotional and solemn was ruined by a crying baby or toddler.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter