Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

I meant overselling it by not allowing any more reservations online or by phone. But I’m still seeing people get walk ups even during peak time. Hence driving up demand

Dont think so as again even on opening day they had a few "walkups" and was told they would continue to have a "limited" amount to offer, only thing driving up demand is the demand itself, it is quit a popular experience, very personal, you get a cool souvenir and a special memory, people drive up demand for something..................

Good to know they have walkups available. I was just looking to book one spot for the last week of September and there is no availability for weeks when I look on my phone. Do they start the workshop at 6am when GE opens? Just trying to figure out the best time to go for a walk up since there are no reservations.

Good to know they have walkups available. I was just looking to book one spot for the last week of September and there is no availability for weeks when I look on my phone. Do they start the workshop at 6am when GE opens? Just trying to figure out the best time to go for a walk up since there are no reservations.

I would get there early and get it done. You MAY be able to get in via walkup during the day / evening, but I wouldnt chance it or want to wait around. It is one of the coolest things I've done at Disney. Probably only 2nd to doing DiveQuest scuba at Epcot.

For $100 I want to be happy with what I walk out of the depot with! I was originally determined to get a BB unit but reviews have me leaning towards an R2, and now I just can't decide.... would be grateful for any opinions!

BB Pros:
- easier to dismantle for packing/travel back to the UK
- flippin adorable

BB Cons:
- not as customisable (not as many options) plus the colour i want (blue) doesn't come with a cute round head in the same colour
- reviews of actual movement etc have been more problematic, I am likely to pass it onto my godson and I'm not sure it could withstand his general enthusiasm

R2 Pros:
- waaayyyy more customisable and I've already seen colour combos on other people's instas etc I love
- just seems generally sturdier
- the build seems more involved and fun, whereas BB is quite simple.

R2 Cons:
- can't be dismantled as much for easy packing
- ......just not as cute as BB, guys

Question - Does anyone know - For a fact - if you are still able to buy additional lightsaber hilt parts (aka Scrap) for $20 a piece in either California or Florida, at either Savi's or Dok Ondar's as of this minute (or at least recently) - and what the current policies are on such a purchase.

There are a lot of on-again, off-again inconsistent reports on the internet about extra pieces, but the policy seems to be very liquid, and I'm not always sure which info is up-to-date, nor if said info pertains to California, Florida or both locations.

I was on a trip to Orlando last week, where I built my saber, and Savi's had not heard of such an option to purchase additional pieces. I mentioned I had heard rumors of such an option at one of Savi's other workshops on the other side of Batuu, near the west coast, and they said if such a shop existed and had such an option, it was not something they had heard of or had on offer in their particular location at the current time. So as of Sept 11th, Savi's in Orlando had no option to purchase extra pieces.

I did not check w/ Dok Ondar's in Orlando, as I was not aware at the time they might (potentially) also carry pieces. I thought Dok only had Crystals (which they did, prominently displayed)

I'm going on another trip to California in a couple weeks where my friend will be building his saber. Frankly I'm just wondering if I can piggyback on his build to buy additional pieces for my saber (we will have the same Peace and Justice theme, so even if he's limited to only peace and justice pieces, it shouldn't be an issue)

Honest to god, while I appreciate their dedication and immersion, and I try to work around it as best I can, sometimes the need for Cast Members to stay in character in Batuu can be very frustrating when you're trying to get a straightforward answer to a simple customer service question. I won't go into detail, because the cast went to lots of effort to make things right, but I actually had some rather big (negative) issues come up on my trip to Galaxy's Edge last week. And... the cast members were very nice, and tried to be very accommodating, but having to navigate the issues with them through "in character" code-speak was... exhausting at times. I think for them as much as me frankly, lol. There were times we both knew what we were trying to say to one another, but both knew they couldn't come right out and just SAY IT, lol.

Last edited:
You can take it on the plane as your personal item so no need to dismantle nor pack.
I'm not relying on that as i'm flying international with norwegian and their allowance is quite limited - both BB and R2 dimensions are bigger than their personal item allowance. I might be able to get him in my backpack but want to be prepared in case he's going in my checked bag!

OK all, we're going to DW in late October and I have a reservation for Savi's Workshop. My plan was to just build one lightsaber as a nice keepsake but I wanted to be the builder and I also wanted to try to have both of my kids there to see the experience, which I've heard is really cool. Is there any chance that they will let me, the builder, in there with 2 kids to watch? My understanding is that the builder can have one non-building guest. My kids are 11 & 8.

Thanks for any help!

OK all, we're going to DW in late October and I have a reservation for Savi's Workshop. My plan was to just build one lightsaber as a nice keepsake but I wanted to be the builder and I also wanted to try to have both of my kids there to see the experience, which I've heard is really cool. Is there any chance that they will let me, the builder, in there with 2 kids to watch? My understanding is that the builder can have one non-building guest. My kids are 11 & 8.

Thanks for any help!
They have been allowing one adult and 2 kids go in, but just keep in mind they can say no

Last edited:
They have been allowing one adult and 2 kids go in, but just keep in mind they can say no

Conversely, when I did my build this past Wednesday, I saw they allowed 2 parents to go in with their 1 child (And I think the father was the actual builder for what it's worth, not the kid)... but they were definitely a party of 3.

I think they're flexible about it, so long as you're being reasonable and not trying to abuse it or cram in 8 people.

As yulilin said however, keep in mind they can say no. Flexible is good, but the rule is still 1 guest if they choose to enforce it.

Is there a way to just watch at Savi's Workshop? We're not interested in building but would like to watch the process.

I'm assuming no bc we can't even go with my son and husband while my son builds. They only allow one guest.

I know you guys said the experience is roughly 20-25 minutes, but how long are you usually waiting before you get to go in? I see you're giving a group number and there's a waiting area. Just trying to budget my time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!