Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

Two months later since I first contacted them and I'm still waiting for an answer. They even stopped answering emails.
Pretty bad Guest Services to solve a simple warranty problem of a $200 "toy".
Thanks for reporting and I’m sorry you haven’t been given a solution.

If you use Twitter, Tweet your concerns at DL using @DisneylandToday

The CMs who staff the social media account for DL are quite responsive especially with guest experiences concerns.

Two months later since I first contacted them and I'm still waiting for an answer. They even stopped answering emails.
Pretty bad Guest Services to solve a simple warranty problem of a $200 "toy".
Thanks for reporting and I’m sorry you haven’t been given a solution.

If you use Twitter, Tweet your concerns at DL using @DisneylandToday

The CMs who staff the social media account for DL are quite responsive especially with guest experiences concerns.
@carlosalonsor ~ I see you did Tweet your concerns to them yesterday and saw their not so great response.

@rteetz ~ any suggestions as to who is higher up at DL so Carlos can send an email there rather than Guest Services?

I just build a BB unit droid at the droid depot, and when I try to drive it straight, my BB unit ends up curving. Does this happen for anyone else? I wonder if the gyro is off, which is causing the BB unit to not drive straight. Does anyone else have this issue? Thanks!

I just build a BB unit droid at the droid depot, and when I try to drive it straight, my BB unit ends up curving. Does this happen for anyone else? I wonder if the gyro is off, which is causing the BB unit to not drive straight. Does anyone else have this issue? Thanks!

I wouldn't call the directional accuracy of our BB unit its strongest feature. It'll go straight under perfect conditions - flat floor and from a stand still. But any variation and all bets are off, at least with ours. It's a tricky little thing.

Sound like Sphero or Spinmaster is the way to go for a BB-8. My spinmaster BB-8’s head comes off sometimes but it drives straight, is about 3/4 scale, and has a lot more functions than the ones from droid depot. Can’t turn just the head on either model though, I do really like that about the Droid Depot droids. I went with an r series when I built mine because of all the people here reporting problems with the bb’s.

To be honest my R unit does the same thing, it does not go straight per say, when I make it go forward it tends to go to the right. Not sure if this is because of the tile & grooves on the floor or just the way it is. I can say the BB unit is way funner and a bit of a challenge to maneuver...

Does anyone know if you can buy the Galaxy's Edge comics somewhere in WDW? Doesn't have to be Galaxy's Edge.

I have 1-3 and read them while on the way to GE at DL. I'd like to read 4-5 but apparently our local comic store doesn't really stock a lot of new comics.

Does anyone know if you can buy the Galaxy's Edge comics somewhere in WDW? Doesn't have to be Galaxy's Edge.

I have 1-3 and read them while on the way to GE at DL. I'd like to read 4-5 but apparently our local comic store doesn't really stock a lot of new comics.
Not sure if they have all of them, but over at launch bay cargo by launch bay they have a large selection of comics plus the books

To be honest my R unit does the same thing, it does not go straight per say, when I make it go forward it tends to go to the right. Not sure if this is because of the tile & grooves on the floor or just the way it is. I can say the BB unit is way funner and a bit of a challenge to maneuver...

I was just coming in here to ask if tile floor affects the movement on the droids. I'm trying to decide which one is best for us. My house is all tile floor and carpet.

This leads me to my 2nd question: Are there any recent reports of 1 builder with 2 people? My daughter is 9 and I am really hoping for all 3 of us to participate without having to buy 2 droids. I'm trying to trim my budget down a little to make room for Skyliner merch. :rolleyes1

I was just coming in here to ask if tile floor affects the movement on the droids. I'm trying to decide which one is best for us. My house is all tile floor and carpet.

This leads me to my 2nd question: Are there any recent reports of 1 builder with 2 people? My daughter is 9 and I am really hoping for all 3 of us to participate without having to buy 2 droids. I'm trying to trim my budget down a little to make room for Skyliner merch. :rolleyes1

From reports, it seems to depend on the ages and how busy it is. The entire area is visible from the store though, so the third person can watch from a distance. It’s just a short fence separating the store from the build area.

The BB unit works like a champ on both surfaces the R unit works ok on carpet but is much faster and works better on a non carpeted area.....
When we built our droids, this was on opening day 29th, the family next to us, they were all there, 5 (1 unit) of them so it can be done just depends on the CM, but I have read others have seen this also, good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter