Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

When we were there on Monday there were no red kyber crystals on display by the Sith Holocrons. The cast member advised guest wanting one to ask at the checkout counter, where you could get one without a tube.

If they are back on the shelf it sounds like they got a shipment of the red crystals and the new tubes with black paper inserts. This is unfortunate and we were really hoping to buy a red one.
I think you are mixing up the red tube holding a mystery color of crystal with red crystals.

See this
https://blogmickey.com/2019/09/disn...anisters-to-prevent-black-kyber-crystal-hack/
Unless, I'm the one mixed up and the canister is the same and may have a red or black in it. I wonder if they pull any of the old canisters behind the counter and only put out the new ones? I bet that's the difference.

Last edited:
Unless, I'm the one mixed up

You are. Dok Ondar’s store is the only place to buy kyber crystals. They are all sold in tubes. Only the red tubes have a chance to contain black crystals. They now have black construction paper in the red tubes
to prevent the flashlight hack. WDW was out of stock of red crystals in tubes. However, they we’re taking the loose crystal stock from Savi’s and selling one per guest at Dok Ondar’s until they received the new shipment.

According to OSUfeth it sounds like the new stock of red kyber crystals in tubes is in. Hooray!

Also why are we arguing with PigletMom? She is trying to keep people updated with stock info for their future trips. I appreciate her taking the time to do that.

You are. Dok Ondar’s store is the only place to buy kyber crystals. They are all sold in tubes. Only the red tubes have a chance to contain black crystals. They now have black construction paper in the red tubes
to prevent the flashlight hack. WDW was out of stock of red crystals in tubes. However, they we’re taking the loose crystal stock from Savi’s and selling one per guest at Dok Ondar’s until they received the new shipment.

According to OSUfeth it sounds like the new stock of red kyber crystals in tubes is in. Hooray!

Also why are we arguing with PigletMom? She is trying to keep people updated with stock info for their future trips. I appreciate her taking the time to do that.

I am surprised to to hear about getting shipments. As I said, I've never seen them low or out, and I'm there quite often.

I also don't see any arguing. If you're talking to me, I'm just offering my perspective on it as well.

I'm 0 for 2 so far on finding a black :(

Well, after several emails and a few calls they finally told me they would send me a replace for my lightsaber.... but then I received another call telling me that they are not able to ship things outside USA, so they offered me a full refund so I took it.

I hope you can solve your problem.

First you have to call Merchandise Guest Services at (877) 560-6477.
Then probably they will ask you to send pictures of the blade and the receipt to merchandise.guest.services@disneyparks.com
And then you have to wait... a lot... They told me they have a short staff, only 4 persons managing hundreds of reclaims of all the Galaxy's Edge merchandise problems.

Good look! Let us know if you could solve this!

You were right. They told me it would be 3 to 4 weeks as they have a very small team working on the returns. Anyway blue looks great. I think they use red and green colored LED's to make yellow because the yellow crystal looks like this while the green looks like there is a ring out.

Attachments

• LightsaberPhoto.jpg
    LightsaberPhoto.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 33

Has anyone actually had any luck reserving Savi's in December? I missed the opening reservation day and I've only seen Dec. 1, 3, 24 and 25 ever be open and the about 10 days after Dec. 5 have consistently been blocked out. Wondering if people actually have those dates or if they are actually literally blacked out for now. I'll be there Dec. 8-16 and hoping to snag a spot sometime in that period. Will try for walk-up if I don't.

Have a reservation on the 12th of December

Have a reservation on the 12th of December
I ended up getting a reservation for the 9th. I would’ve prefers it be closer to the end of our trip (and a bit farther away fro RotR opening - as much as an extra week will help) and will switch it up if see something come up. But not checking multiple times a day anymore.

When we were there on Monday there were no red kyber crystals on display by the Sith Holocrons. The cast member advised guest wanting one to ask at the checkout counter, where you could get one without a tube.

If they are back on the shelf it sounds like they got a shipment of the red crystals and the new tubes with black paper inserts. This is unfortunate and we were really hoping to buy a red one.
We were there on Monday too. Husband built a lightsaber with a blue crystal. Wanted to buy a red one “to decorate for Christmas”🤦🏼‍♀️ and we were told by the CM at Doc Ondar’s they were totally out. I asked if I could buy one online and they said they didn’t know. I wish I had known to check at the counter.

After getting so much advice from this thread in preparation for our trip, I wanted to share my experiences in case it helps anyone else...

I did Savi's on Sunday 9/29 at 10:15. They were backed up, so we didn't get in until about 10:30. I thought the experience was cool and I'm glad I did it. I had actually wavered a bit and canceled by initial reservation a few days before, but then had a last minute change of heart and was able to book basically the same time the night before. So if you're having trouble finding a reservation, I would absolutely suggest you keep looking in the week and days before you want to do it. I'm glad I didn't watch any videos.

The lightsabers are very well made. As many have said already, the hilts are heavy. I'm not sure how fragile the blades are and I'm not about to try and find out haha. I have never been more stressed over carrying something around, even in the case. The case seems to protect it pretty well with the foam noodles inside.

It does seem like there is space inside Savi's that a couple could bring their small child in (as a party of 3) but that is obviously up to the CM and I would not just assume they'll say yes.

Getting through security at the airport was no issue. My carrying case with the lightsaber inside (fully built) went right in with our luggage through security. Getting on the plane, no one harassed me for having 2 personal items. I was going to lie it down between the window seat and the plane but decided to lie it on the floor across our 3 seats since we had the whole row. It arrived home in 1 piece and I'm quite happy with it.

Was hoping that red crystals would be in stock to try my luck at a black, but they only had open ones at the register.

After getting so much advice from this thread in preparation for our trip, I wanted to share my experiences in case it helps anyone else...

I did Savi's on Sunday 9/29 at 10:15. They were backed up, so we didn't get in until about 10:30. I thought the experience was cool and I'm glad I did it. I had actually wavered a bit and canceled by initial reservation a few days before, but then had a last minute change of heart and was able to book basically the same time the night before. So if you're having trouble finding a reservation, I would absolutely suggest you keep looking in the week and days before you want to do it. I'm glad I didn't watch any videos.

The lightsabers are very well made. As many have said already, the hilts are heavy. I'm not sure how fragile the blades are and I'm not about to try and find out haha. I have never been more stressed over carrying something around, even in the case. The case seems to protect it pretty well with the foam noodles inside.

It does seem like there is space inside Savi's that a couple could bring their small child in (as a party of 3) but that is obviously up to the CM and I would not just assume they'll say yes.

Getting through security at the airport was no issue. My carrying case with the lightsaber inside (fully built) went right in with our luggage through security. Getting on the plane, no one harassed me for having 2 personal items. I was going to lie it down between the window seat and the plane but decided to lie it on the floor across our 3 seats since we had the whole row. It arrived home in 1 piece and I'm quite happy with it.

Was hoping that red crystals would be in stock to try my luck at a black, but they only had open ones at the register.

the blade is too fragile in my opinion. Mine barely got used and never impacted anything. It was working fine the first couple days after I got home but after a couple days I already had a led go out. I would recommend getting at least a red, green, and blue kyber so you can check all the LED colors.

Can you book 180 plus if staying on site or is it exactly 180 for either droids or sabers?

Funny as the blades seem to be a hit or miss on the fragility of them. I saw a few guys at night banging away at them, this was a photopass opportunity then a few throughout the land and seemed like they withstood the stress. Good thing is they are so easy to remove and replace if needed....

I might not be using the best search terms, so apologies in advance if I missed the answer.
Where do you put your lightsaber (or the blade, since the hilt could detach and go in a backpack) on a ride if you are carrying it around with you after having made one at Savi's? (Yes, I know we can ship it back to our Disney resort; but I'm pretty sure the words pry, cold, dead, and hands would be included in the response I would get to suggesting that to DD and DS who are both adults and taller than I.)

I might not be using the best search terms, so apologies in advance if I missed the answer.
Where do you put your lightsaber (or the blade, since the hilt could detach and go in a backpack) on a ride if you are carrying it around with you after having made one at Savi's? (Yes, I know we can ship it back to our Disney resort; but I'm pretty sure the words pry, cold, dead, and hands would be included in the response I would get to suggesting that to DD and DS who are both adults and taller than I.)

From what I’ve read on here, you can take it on everything except RnR. People have reported they make announcements to use child swap there if you have a saber. Not sure how that’d work for a solo traveler though...

Def don’t send it back. Pictures at night in BSO with a lit up saber, whether from Savi’s or not, are awesome. Just walking around with a lit up saber is awesome.

I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but I'm confused about booking droid depot. If I want to go in with my husband, do I book it for two people or for one, since it says a guest is allowed to accompany the builder? I don't want to make a reservation for two and then be told we have to build two droids.

I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but I'm confused about booking droid depot. If I want to go in with my husband, do I book it for two people or for one, since it says a guest is allowed to accompany the builder? I don't want to make a reservation for two and then be told we have to build two droids.

Never mind, just figured it out. It helps to read everything.

Never mind, just figured it out. It helps to read everything.

Don’t feel bad about your question. I had myself all twisted recently trying to figure out the reservation + guest count for this and Savi for an upcoming visit with my two kids. I wasn’t mentally grasping how it worked until I sat down to actually make the reservation and read... and then it clicked how I was way off in my original thinking/understanding. I know it’s simple, I just had something else in my head for some reason. 8-)

You can take it on Smugglers Run. They give you a bag with padding to carry it in.

Just a crystal update.. not sure if this is still the case anymore, but this morning all six kyber crystal colors were in stock at Dok Ondars. We were also able to have our custom saber shipped home from there.

Can anyone tell me if there are sabers in the park that light up, but are inexpensive, like the knock offs at toy stores? They can be kid sized. Or is it just Savi's products and the legacy sabers that light up? I'd like the kids to get photos with lit sabers at night, but not paying $800 so they can each have one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter