Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

Red has a lot, I too thought each color only had one voice until I got one. A quick Google search confirmed otherwise, and I have since reprogrammed all of mine to the voices I wanted. I’d rather do that than play blind-box shenanigans.

Sweet. Going to have to look into that.

Does anyone know how much it would be to ship a lightsaber to Canada?
This. I'm concerned about it getting broken is also a concern for me on its journey to Canada. PLUS while not a sword, I'm concerned about customs holding it for al ong time. I mean I still have a cosplay item at customs, it's been a YEAR because they think it's a weapon (it's literally a plastic sling ring from Dr. Strange but I think they ridiculously think it's brass knuckles when they did their first scan...)

Does anyone have an idea of how long the wait in the standby line has been for Droid Depot, particularly during a busy time like this past weekend or over New Years? We will be visiting on the Sunday of President's Day weekend and just wondering if we should plan on going there first thing at rope drop or at least early after opening if we don't have a reservation. We will be there early anyway to try to get a BG for ROTR but trying to plan the rest of the day and if we can still rope drop SDD or MFSR first before heading to Droid Depot. If anyone has experiences of their wait time please share. Thanks!

Does anyone have an idea of how long the wait in the standby line has been for Droid Depot, particularly during a busy time like this past weekend or over New Years? We will be visiting on the Sunday of President's Day weekend and just wondering if we should plan on going there first thing at rope drop or at least early after opening if we don't have a reservation. We will be there early anyway to try to get a BG for ROTR but trying to plan the rest of the day and if we can still rope drop SDD or MFSR first before heading to Droid Depot. If anyone has experiences of their wait time please share. Thanks!
Ive seen it at about an hour on busy days but why don't you book a reservation? If they are all gone now check the day before when people cancel to avoid the no show fee

I am headed to WDW on a business trip that I was able to add a few additional days to have some fun solo. Of course I will have some guilt and one way I am thinking to make it up to my daughter is building her a droid to bring home. Problem is, I do not know the first thing about droids. What do they actually do? She's into robots and actually asked for one for Christmas but never got and now since Disney Plus, has been watching Stars Was on her own. Are the droids something a 6 year old would like? Which version would you suggest, the 8 one or the R one? Told you I haven't a clue! Are there CMs there that help you with the process and what to pick? Any pointers at all, please pass them along!!

I am headed to WDW on a business trip that I was able to add a few additional days to have some fun solo. Of course I will have some guilt and one way I am thinking to make it up to my daughter is building her a droid to bring home. Problem is, I do not know the first thing about droids. What do they actually do? She's into robots and actually asked for one for Christmas but never got and now since Disney Plus, has been watching Stars Was on her own. Are the droids something a 6 year old would like? Which version would you suggest, the 8 one or the R one? Told you I haven't a clue! Are there CMs there that help you with the process and what to pick? Any pointers at all, please pass them along!!
Merged you to ther proper thread.

I think it could be a fun thing for a six-year-old, especially if she's liking robots and the droids from Star Wars. It's pretty much a remote control droid that you can roll around, "speak," and if you have accessories, there's also a button that will "activate" the blasters/thrusters that you bought. If she's ever had a remote control device and enjoyed it I think she'd like it. But given she loves robots I think she'd still enjoy it.
I would suggest though getting an R2 unit ONLY based on what I've read, turning it off is apparently easier than the BB units. The switch is on the bottom whereas I believe the BB units are inside (correct me if I'm wrong though folks! I just recall reading another thread about someone having issues with BB units whistling all night and them turning it off by having to open up the body.) But completely up to you :) Hope that helps!

Just wanted to advise here for those heading to GE anytime in the next couple weeks, looks like reserving a spot at Savi's to build a lightsaber is now booked up for the rest of the month, every day in February except the 9th, and four days in March already. Obviously sometimes individual slots open up from cancellations but still just mentioning.

I think it could be a fun thing for a six-year-old, especially if she's liking robots and the droids from Star Wars. It's pretty much a remote control droid that you can roll around, "speak," and if you have accessories, there's also a button that will "activate" the blasters/thrusters that you bought. If she's ever had a remote control device and enjoyed it I think she'd like it. But given she loves robots I think she'd still enjoy it.
I would suggest though getting an R2 unit ONLY based on what I've read, turning it off is apparently easier than the BB units. The switch is on the bottom whereas I believe the BB units are inside (correct me if I'm wrong though folks! I just recall reading another thread about someone having issues with BB units whistling all night and them turning it off by having to open up the body.) But completely up to you :) Hope that helps!

Thank you for this. Exactly the info I was looking for. She did get a remote control car for Christmas which has been being used nonstop. Glad to hear your recommendation, was leaning towards the R series, she started her watching with the original SW so R2D2 and C3PO are her current favs, does not know BB8 except from pictures. We were just at WDW for 10 days in Sept so I shouldn't really feel that guilty!

Just wanted to advise here for those heading to GE anytime in the next couple weeks, looks like reserving a spot at Savi's to build a lightsaber is now booked up for the rest of the month, every day in February except the 9th, and four days in March already. Obviously sometimes individual slots open up from cancellations but still just mentioning.
Now my only concern is if my Savi's reservation conflicts with my BG, and I'd want to try & move it, there's nothing to move it to. Unless, of course, someone else moves or misses theirs....

Sayhello

Now my only concern is if my Savi's reservation conflicts with my BG, and I'd want to try & move it, there's nothing to move it to. Unless, of course, someone else moves or misses theirs....

Sayhello
Savi’s takes about 30 minutes I think? And with 2 hours to return for the BG you shouldn’t have a problem doing both!

Thank you for this. Exactly the info I was looking for. She did get a remote control car for Christmas which has been being used nonstop. Glad to hear your recommendation, was leaning towards the R series, she started her watching with the original SW so R2D2 and C3PO are her current favs, does not know BB8 except from pictures. We were just at WDW for 10 days in Sept so I shouldn't really feel that guilty!
If she loves R2, definitely go the R-unit route. The beginning of this thread has pictures of the parts so you can see what colors there are. There are cast members in the experience to help you with the process.

This thread has pictures of some of the droids people have built: https://www.disboards.com/threads/droid-depot-builds.3757205/

Sayhello
As @eliseisawkward said, it's a short amount of time. I think the actual experience was about 10 minutes, but when you arrive for your appointment, I'd say I waited around 10-15 minutes before going in? So I think the 30 mins mentioned is fairly accurate. Also as mentioned, you have a two hour window so don't worry about moving your appointment. :) When I got into the park for a 7 a.m. opening, I got BG 15 and was called while still in line for Smuggler's, probably at about 7:15/20. Even then I think I got out of SR around 7:30/45 (Had to walk from rope drop and then through the SR queue) and wandered around a bit before I headed to RoTR. I don't think I ended up walking on until 8:30 and was let in without any issue.

As @eliseisawkward said, it's a short amount of time. I think the actual experience was about 10 minutes, but when you arrive for your appointment, I'd say I waited around 10-15 minutes before going in? So I think the 30 mins mentioned is fairly accurate. Also as mentioned, you have a two hour window so don't worry about moving your appointment. :) When I got into the park for a 7 a.m. opening, I got BG 15 and was called while still in line for Smuggler's, probably at about 7:15/20. Even then I think I got out of SR around 7:30/45 (Had to walk from rope drop and then through the SR queue) and wandered around a bit before I headed to RoTR. I don't think I ended up walking on until 8:30 and was let in without any issue.
Good to know. Thanks!

Sayhello

Dumb question but how do you scan your droid depot reservation? Is it linked to my magic band? Or do I have to show the app reservation?

Dumb question but how do you scan your droid depot reservation? Is it linked to my magic band? Or do I have to show the app reservation?

Nothing is linked to magicbands. Magicbands are linked to your account. I think I just gave my name. I definitely did not show them the reservation on the app or website.

Nothing is linked to magicbands. Magicbands are linked to your account. I think I just gave my name. I definitely did not show them the reservation on the app or website.

Yes, sorry I misworded that. I know it's not linked to the magic band, I meant more like do I scan my MB like at fastpass or do they look it up a different way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!