Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

Does anyone know if we can get pass holder discounts in any of the stores in galaxy edge. for example I want a hoodie from first order cargo do we get a out 20 percent there?

My 10 year old is asking to do the saber build on our upcoming trip. I was thinking of letting my 14 year old accompany him for the experience. I think I read that it would be allowed if one is 14? Also is the “guest” person allowed to help at all or do they actually just stand behind and watch?
Hi @ENJDisneyFan. In terms of your 14-year-old accompanying, that should be fine. The site for Savi's does say at least one person in the party must be 14, doesn't matter if it's the guest or builder.

As for if your 14-year-old can help, it may depend case by case and they may be allowed BUT a cast member typically stands in front of you as you build and will help with any issues. One of my pieces wasn't screwing on (my guess is the specific piece provided may have been stripped accidentally or just didn't want to screw on) and so she gave it a try and then actually replaced it with the same piece from underneath. So your 10-year-old will have help even if your other child isn't allowed to.

Hi @ENJDisneyFan. In terms of your 14-year-old accompanying, that should be fine. The site for Savi's does say at least one person in the party must be 14, doesn't matter if it's the guest or builder.

As for if your 14-year-old can help, it may depend case by case and they may be allowed BUT a cast member typically stands in front of you as you build and will help with any issues. One of my pieces wasn't screwing on (my guess is the specific piece provided may have been stripped accidentally or just didn't want to screw on) and so she gave it a try and then actually replaced it with the same piece from underneath. So your 10-year-old will have help even if your other child isn't allowed to.
Awesome, thank you!!

Hi everyone, I’m heading down on Wednesday and just had 2 questions I was hoping someone might be able to help with. First, does anyone know if the droid backpacks are in stock? Second, does the DVC or AP discount work on the legacy sabers?

Question folks for the lightsabers, similar to one a couple weeks back I asked. When I was leaving via Orlando airport, I saw someone had their lightsaber in its sheath sticking out of his backpack (which I think was his personal item as he had a carry on rolling bag too). I however got further ahead so never did see if it worked, but I'm curious if anyone has an idea if this would work? I know from previous the lightsaber would be considered your carry-on, but typically I need my carry-on with me so I was wondering if I could stick it in my backpack I'd bring and then once the overhead has been full I can put it up there or sidle it alongside my seat perhaps. Would love to hear anyone's thoughts now that possibly more lightsabers have been taken on planes :P
I had built at Savi's this past week. When getting ready for security at the airport, I had my saber in the Savi's sheath across my back, my crossbody purse across my back (same diagonal as the sheath) and a small rolling suitcase. I was not made to put the sheath inside anything and was allowed 3 items thru security. I will add that I have TSA pre-check so that may have played a factor. I placed both my saber and my dad's Savi's saber along the wall of the plane next to my seat underneath the window. I wasn't asked to move it to the overhead compartment.

I had built at Savi's this past week. When getting ready for security at the airport, I had my saber in the Savi's sheath across my back, my crossbody purse across my back (same diagonal as the sheath) and a small rolling suitcase. I was not made to put the sheath inside anything and was allowed 3 items thru security. I will add that I have TSA pre-check so that may have played a factor. I placed both my saber and my dad's Savi's saber along the wall of the plane next to my seat underneath the window. I wasn't asked to move it to the overhead compartment.
Thanks for letting me know!

Hello, can anyone describe the "rear entrance" of Droid Depot in FL? Im hoping for the Black Spire coin. Cheers!

I was able to go into the depot front or back to buy merch. The droid build they will check you on the list of the front entrance and let you though into a small separate area to queue, but you can still see from the store part as it’s in the same room. The tills for merch where you ask for your spira are in front of the shirts section & more tills in where they sell home wares.

I was at Disney Dec. 16-28th. During this trip, I built my own lightsaber and paid $200 for it. When I got home, I hung it on the wall and have probably taken it down a handful of times to turn it on and show it off.

I tried to turn it on today and it won’t light up or make any sounds! I tried to take it apart and put it back together but it still won’t work.

Has anyone else had this issue?!?

I was at Disney Dec. 16-28th. During this trip, I built my own lightsaber and paid $200 for it. When I got home, I hung it on the wall and have probably taken it down a handful of times to turn it on and show it off.

I tried to turn it on today and it won’t light up or make any sounds! I tried to take it apart and put it back together but it still won’t work.

I would suggest the obvious since you didn’t mention it: batteries?

The batteries they use are power hungry pieces of crap. Apparently a lot of issues crop up because of the cheap batteries they use.

When I get my saber home, thinking I might replace the batteries even if it’s working right now. Better safe than sorry perhaps.

The batteries they use are power hungry pieces of crap. Apparently a lot of issues crop up because of the cheap batteries they use.

Now I feel dumb- I switched the batteries when I came home but didn’t think to check today when it wouldn’t light up :oops: thought I replaced them with good batteries but I guess not. Oops!

Now I feel dumb- I switched the batteries when I came home but didn’t think to check today when it wouldn’t light up :oops: thought I replaced them with good batteries but I guess not. Oops!

All high end lightsabers(Ultrasabers, Saberforge, etc.) with removable batteries, not just Disney, are hard on batteries. It's mainly the LEDs and Sound that are the power drain since those functions are on constantly when powered up. Either keep good batteries around or get a couple good sets of rechargables would be my advice. I don't have a Disney saber yet but do own two Ultrasabers and can tell you when the LEDs (the blade) start looking a bit dimmer, it's time to change batteries.

Does anyone know if we can get pass holder discounts in any of the stores in galaxy edge. for example I want a hoodie from first order cargo do we get a out 20 percent there?

Discount isn’t valid on the customizable droids, at Savi’s, and maybe not the legacy ligjtsabers- not sure about that one. Basically,
AP discount works at any Disney owned and operated store, excluding fine art, some/maybe all customizable items, maybe not Pandora...all the details are online. Some non-Disney owned/operated locations do still offer a discount.

Re: the batteries for sabers and droids... Is it possible to buy the requisite batteries ahead of time, bring them into the parks with you, and use those during the build instead of the Disney batteries? DD16 is building a droid (probably a BB) and I'm building a saber... Hope I don't embarrass my DD too much, nerding out in my stormtrooper dress and lightsaber! 😉

Re: the batteries for sabers and droids... Is it possible to buy the requisite batteries ahead of time, bring them into the parks with you, and use those during the build instead of the Disney batteries? DD16 is building a droid (probably a BB) and I'm building a saber... Hope I don't embarrass my DD too much, nerding out in my stormtrooper dress and lightsaber! 😉
Unfortunately not. Without trying to spoil, the way both droid and saber builds are designed, the part that has the batteries are already built so it’s not possible to replace them during the builds.

Unfortunately not. Without trying to spoil, the way both droid and saber builds are designed, the part that has the batteries are already built so it’s not possible to replace them during the builds.
Thank you so much! Saves us the extra weight in our purses! I know batteries don't weigh a lot but stuff incrementally adds up!

Thank you so much! Saves us the extra weight in our purses! I know batteries don't weigh a lot but stuff incrementally adds up!
For sure. Especially when at Disney, want to be as light as possible. Also for suggestion, when you decide to head out from GE, I believe you can get your items sent to the front of the park to pick up later if you’re finding you need fewer things to carry. I believe first order cargo, Droid Depot and I think a resistance version of FO Cargo can do this.

So i am going Feb 15th and went to make reservations for Savi's but there is none....does this mean I wont be able to make one or can I walk up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!