Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

Thinking about buying a legacy saber next time i'm in GE. Can't decide which one though. Leaning toward Ahsoka's.

Hey folks, so here's a question for you all. I'm possibly looking into instead bringing the hilts for my sabers home in my carry-on, just to make it easier on myself and run into fewer possible issues. However, a friend of mine mentioned someone said they aren't allowing droids to be brought on planes. Is there any truth to this? Just seems weird given how many people from other states and countries come and likely will build a droid, that they'd have to then have it shipped and hope it doesn't end up damaged.

Let me know if someone could! (I'm flying out of Orlando Int'l on Wednesday)

Hey folks, so here's a question for you all. I'm possibly looking into instead bringing the hilts for my sabers home in my carry-on, just to make it easier on myself and run into fewer possible issues. However, a friend of mine mentioned someone said they aren't allowing droids to be brought on planes. Is there any truth to this? Just seems weird given how many people from other states and countries come and likely will build a droid, that they'd have to then have it shipped and hope it doesn't end up damaged.

My DS7 just brought his Droid home from MCO as a carry-on. No problem at all. He was NOT allowed on our DCL cruise the day after he built him. We needed to pick him up at the port terminal after getting off the cruise ship. But flying home out of MCO was no problem with the Droid.

We flew American out of MCO and were able to bring the droid as a carry-on. No issues. I also had a lightsaber as an extra item and no one said anything. I was able to tuck it into the overhead after everyone loaded their bags and grab it as soon as we landed to minimize the likelihood that it got damaged. Everything made it home safe.

We flew American out of MCO and were able to bring the droid as a carry-on. No issues. I also had a lightsaber as an extra item and no one said anything. I was able to tuck it into the overhead after everyone loaded their bags and grab it as soon as we landed to minimize the likelihood that it got damaged. Everything made it home safe.
Thank you elise and @kpd6901! What I've decided to do is as I have three sabres now, I'm going to bring the hilts home in my carry-on and my folks will be bringing home the blades in their cases when they drive home next month. They'll also be bringing home my R2 unit, but I wanted to bring home my BB unit cause as anyone knows...they're a bit more unstable lol. But good to know regarding that droids can be taken.

Also, did either of you just fly out this past week? My friend was saying something may have changed this week for some reason?

Last edited:
Thank you elise and @kpd6901! What I've decided to do is as I have three sabres now, I'm going to bring the hilts home in my carry-on and my folks will be bringing home the blades in their cases when they drive home next month. They'll also be bringing home my R2 unit, but I wanted to bring home my BB unit cause as anyone knows...they're a bit more unstable lol. But good to know regarding that droids can be taken.

Also, did either of you just fly out this past week? My friend was saying something may have changed this week for some reason?
We flew home Southwest on March 3.

Curious elise, did you have the lightsaber hilt in your bag/did you have to remove it at all from the casing for security? Just want to ensure as I'm bringing only the hilts home with me, that I dont run into issue.

Question about lightsabers: we are an odd-numbered party of 5 and I have 3 kids all under 14. It is possible that all 3 of my kids plus my DH will want a lightsaber as their souvenir, kids having saved up their birthday and Christmas money, so that would be 4 builders. Would kids need help with the building, such that maybe it would be better to do two at a time? The problem I had with the two at a time is that we would have to split up in a way that made sense for adult supervision. Maybe 1 reservation for me with 2 kids, each building one but I wouldn't build, so I could help? then 1 reservation for DH plus 1 kid, both building, but DH would have to help...?

Question about lightsabers: we are an odd-numbered party of 5 and I have 3 kids all under 14. It is possible that all 3 of my kids plus my DH will want a lightsaber as their souvenir, kids having saved up their birthday and Christmas money, so that would be 4 builders. Would kids need help with the building, such that maybe it would be better to do two at a time? The problem I had with the two at a time is that we would have to split up in a way that made sense for adult supervision. Maybe 1 reservation for me with 2 kids, each building one but I wouldn't build, so I could help? then 1 reservation for DH plus 1 kid, both building, but DH would have to help...?
Upside is the gatherers are great for helping builders so you and your DH wouldn’t have to assist too much. They really try to ensure everyone enjoys the experience even if it means replacing pieces that don’t seem to be attaching for example. But I think you should be able to split it up if needed. :) From what I can see no limit on number of participants. But please note to make reservations early, they fill up super quick and if you want your two appointments close together you’ll want to book as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Curious elise, did you have the lightsaber hilt in your bag/did you have to remove it at all from the casing for security? Just want to ensure as I'm bringing only the hilts home with me, that I dont run into issue.
I had the entire saber (hilt and blade) in the carrying case they give you. I did not remove it from the case at all.

I had the entire saber (hilt and blade) in the carrying case they give you. I did not remove it from the case at all.
Ah good to know. Hopefully won’t run into issue with three hilts. (I feel like bringing three savers might be a bit much?) whereas three hilts in my bag may not be as much an issue hopefully.

Question to anyone really, but has anyone had any issues taking their lightsaber hilts in their bags? I have a Peace and Justice, Elemental, and Protection and Defense all made and want to take them home on the plane but want to ensure no issues come up. I'm leaving the blades at home for my parents to bring home but just curious if anyone can confirm no issues?

Question to anyone really, but has anyone had any issues taking their lightsaber hilts in their bags? I have a Peace and Justice, Elemental, and Protection and Defense all made and want to take them home on the plane but want to ensure no issues come up. I'm leaving the blades at home for my parents to bring home but just curious if anyone can confirm no issues?
I'm curious as to why you are afraid you will have a problem with just the hilts? I wouldn't have thought twice about having hilts in either my checked bags or carry on bags, I don't see why they would have any issue with them. I had assumed the main issue with the entire lightsaber was length, not that there was an issue with the item itself. Am I wrong?

I'm curious as to why you are afraid you will have a problem with just the hilts? I wouldn't have thought twice about having hilts in either my checked bags or carry on bags, I don't see why they would have any issue with them. I had assumed the main issue with the entire lightsaber was length, not that there was an issue with the item itself. Am I wrong?
Not really concerned. I was just chatting with my mum and she was sort of curious if TSA would for some reason think they’re weapons and/or want me to take them out of the bags as they’re electronics. I doubt the weapon thing would be a problem but I’m concerned I put them in the bins someone could potentially swipe them given they’re not exactly huge like a PS4. Probably being a bit paranoid though

So, after I tragically arrived like 5 days after they stopped selling Spira coins I feel like I should ask this....I forgot to pick up a SWGE spork while I was there the first weekend of February, are they still selling those?

So, after I tragically arrived like 5 days after they stopped selling Spira coins I feel like I should ask this....I forgot to pick up a SWGE spork while I was there the first weekend of February, are they still selling those?

I don't believe they have sold the spork in WDW, only at DL so far.

That's my understanding. They said they would have them but never did. I was there on Feb 14th and 15th. I asked on one of the days and was told they didn't have them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another question haha! I'm interested in recent experiences with the new lightsabers from Savi's or high-end ones like Ultrasabers on Spirit & Frontier. I'd like to bring one in a carrying case (or with the case in my personal item & the lightsaber sticking out). They are obviously much longer than the allowed size and while Spirit allows things like umbrellas to be carried outside of your free bag, I wasn't sure what they'd do with a 36" lightsaber. Anyone try this since SWGE opened?

Another question haha! I'm interested in recent experiences with the new lightsabers from Savi's or high-end ones like Ultrasabers on Spirit & Frontier. I'd like to bring one in a carrying case (or with the case in my personal item & the lightsaber sticking out). They are obviously much longer than the allowed size and while Spirit allows things like umbrellas to be carried outside of your free bag, I wasn't sure what they'd do with a 36" lightsaber. Anyone try this since SWGE opened?
We just got back from FL. We flew Spirit (never again but that’s another story). We decided to ship DD Saber from the BW. Only cost 17 dollars. Spirit would have charged $42 as a carry on. No thanks. And we were told Spirit has a history of crushing them is they are in Checked luggage. No brainer $17 for UPS to wrap it and deliver it 5 days later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!