Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

So, we made our park reservations and we want to do both experiences. I see we can't make reservations but it looks like both are still happening, is that correct? Also, does that just mean we walk in as opposed to making a reservation?

I believe Droid Depot will be open but I do not think Savi's was going to be open, at least for the time being.

Oh no! 😭. My DH and I made plans for our anniversary to build both and it was cancelled. I was hoping, because they could easily distance everyone in there by using half capacity, that it would be open.

Oh no! 😭. My DH and I made plans for our anniversary to build both and it was cancelled. I was hoping, because they could easily distance everyone in there by using half capacity, that it would be open.

Savi’s is not open at reopening, but Droid Depot will be. First Order found out about them I guess. You shouldn’t have any issue walking up with Droid Depot though. When are you traveling? If you have a few months you can keep check to see if anything changes with Savi’s.

Savi’s is not open at reopening, but Droid Depot will be. First Order found out about them I guess. You shouldn’t have any issue walking up with Droid Depot though. When are you traveling? If you have a few months you can keep check to see if anything changes with Savi’s.
Our first reservation back will be August 10th. We're AP and figure a month is a nice time to see how it works out for everyone else.

Our first reservation back will be August 10th. We're AP and figure a month is a nice time to see how it works out for everyone else.

I was originally planning that week myself until MNSSHP got cancelled. The first party was supposed to be on my 40th birthday. You may luck up but I doubt Savi’s will be open before September or October at the earliest. Don’t forget that a modified Food & Wine will be going on then as well, if that’s something you enjoy.

Savis is different, the CM's that run the lightsaber build are union actors not just regular CM's. I don't think they have been called back to work yet. Droid Depot is run by regular CM's so they have people to staff it right now. Hopefully as things develop they can call back more folks to work!

Do droid depot reseevations open tomorrow with dining reservations to select guests? I saw a comment on Facebook to that extent. Is it phone only or can reservations be made online?

It looks that way for reservations to September 2. Used to be able to make the reservations online. Hopefully that's still true.

It is phone only at this time and it is for 60 days out from what I can tell.

I had reservations cancelled from a previous trip and my arrival date is Sept 1st I don't want to risk tying up my time on the phone myself until I know I can get my reservations :).

Called the events & tours ph# this am, on hold less than an hr, & able to book for 7/16 - had my choice of times. Cast member very happy to be booking experiences instead of canceling:)

I am looking to buy an Orange Droid chip for a dear friend who won't be able to go back anytime soon. And a clear droid dome. Can anyone help?

I am looking to buy an Orange Droid chip for a dear friend who won't be able to go back anytime soon. And a clear droid dome. Can anyone help?

Unless people are reselling on ebay, individual droid parts can’t be purchased. Chips are probably on ebay and they will probably be in stock once HS opens but no one knows yet. You won’t need a droid build reservation to shop at Droid Depot, but the shop could reach capacity. Looks like they’re using a virtual line for shops in parks that reach capacity.

Just an update, I was able to book online today (I did not have a previous cancelled experience, so couldn't use the phone option prior to today). Worked just fine with minimal millenium falcon wait time and still tons of availability for my mid-August HS day.

Just an update, I was able to book online today (I did not have a previous cancelled experience, so couldn't use the phone option prior to today). Worked just fine with minimal millenium falcon wait time and still tons of availability for my mid-August HS day.
Thanks for the heads up. We did have a previous canceled reservation, but I had no desire to call Disney and be on the phone for hours. And was 99% that walkins would not be problem. But since they opened up online again, I got one for my son.

Hmm,

If Savi becomes only to sell legacy light sabers and have no way to get a custom light saber in the park that might be the final straw for my party. I know one of my members in my party was explicitly going for the build your own lightsaber experience. He would be OK if they just allowed to buy the parts and put it together himself but if it is just buy legacy with no options to buy the parts to make your own I think Disney might have a hotel cancellation in their future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter