Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

I'm surprised they're running out of things. I know they're busy but you'd think they would be sure to have plenty on hand so guests aren't disappointed.

I'm surprised they're running out of things. I know they're busy but you'd think they would be sure to have plenty on hand so guests aren't disappointed.
Sometimes suppliers can send you less than what you ordered. It happed to me during Avengers. And they do this without telling you until you get your ordered. So you do another emergency order but you got to wait and you sell out because you get less. Or they didn't order enough of a product because the person didn't think they weren't going to sell that well and since they are the only ones to sell it they can't borrow from anywhere else.

Ordering is a guessing game and a gamble.

What are they going to do when GE opens to the general population? They can't keep stuff stocked for the people with reservations - that doesn't bode well.

What are they going to do when GE opens to the general population? They can't keep stuff stocked for the people with reservations - that doesn't bode well.
There is always going to be stocking issues. You can never exactly estimate how much of one item will sell over others. I think they have done a decent job in that the majority of items haven't sold out.

Back on the topic of Droid Depot selling out of specific parts: Do you know before you pay your money if they're out of a specific part (like no black legs)?

Back on the topic of Droid Depot selling out of specific parts: Do you know before you pay your money if they're out of a specific part (like no black legs)?

Interesting question. I wonder if the T&Cs state that they don’t guarantee availability of all parts.

I've only seen the setup on videos but it looks like you can see the conveyor belt going while you get in line to pay

I won't watch the light saber videos because I want that experience to be a surprise. But I seen so many build a droid videos because I want to get my colour scheme down. Down when I go in September. I am getting a R2 to keep my BB8 company and that BB8 is annoying to control lol

I think I have issues lol

https://disneylandnews.com/2019/05/29/star-wars-galaxys-edge-fun-facts/
  • Nine different retail locations in the lands offer nearly 700 unique items, ideal for those looking to take a memory of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge home with them.
  • There are more than 120,000 possible combinations for constructing a lightsaber using all the available pieces in Savi’s Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers.
  • There are nearly 280,000 possible combinations for constructing an R-series or BB-series astromech droid using all the available pieces in the Droid Depot.

https://disneylandnews.com/2019/05/29/star-wars-galaxys-edge-fun-facts/
  • Nine different retail locations in the lands offer nearly 700 unique items, ideal for those looking to take a memory of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge home with them.
  • There are more than 120,000 possible combinations for constructing a lightsaber using all the available pieces in Savi’s Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers.
  • There are nearly 280,000 possible combinations for constructing an R-series or BB-series astromech droid using all the available pieces in the Droid Depot.
I’m not too worried about the memories i’ll be taking home, I’m more worried about where I’m going to put them once I get there! For those of you buying droids, will you bring them back to SWGE on future trips?

I’m not too worried about the memories i’ll be taking home, I’m more worried about where I’m going to put them once I get there! For those of you buying droids, will you bring them back to SWGE on future trips?

While I am still figuring out where to put several things from my trip, I can assure you that little MJ-2 is heading with us to the opening of SWGE in Orlando! Looking forward to seeing what she reacts to!

Reservations for Savi’s Workshop and Oga’s Cantina
Beginning June 24, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will no longer require a reservation to access the land, although reservations will be required for Savi’s Workshop and Oga’s Cantina, which have very limited capacities. Guests wishing to book a reservation for these experiences may do so on the same day of their visit, beginning at 7 a.m., with a valid credit card. Reservations for both experiences will allow access into Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at the time of the reservation, so it will not be necessary to join a boarding group, if applicable, to enter the land to participate in a reserved experience. Please visit Disneyland.com/SavisWorkshop and Disneyland.com/Cantina for important details.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!