Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

I’m not too worried about the memories i’ll be taking home, I’m more worried about where I’m going to put them once I get there! For those of you buying droids, will you bring them back to SWGE on future trips?
Oh yes, we'll bring them every trip if it turns out they are as interactive with the land as they claim. We bring ALL our goodies with us to Uni (HP robes, wands, ties, scarves, etc.) every trip - and we fly from Wa. state. May end up with an extra suitcase, though....

When someone does the new reservation system for Savi’s Workshop, can you tell me when your card was actually charged? The reservation page says “you will not be charged until you arrive at the activity.”

But I’ve seen all the Disneyland bloggers (like Disneyland Daily- and she’s usually spot on) posting that you are charged when you make the reservation.

I’d love to know when someone does it! I’m doing the reservation making for our group that all wants to build so I’d like to know if my card would be charged nearly $900 when I make the reservation. 🙃 And plus, I usually do the Target gift card dealio to save money and usually you can’t pay with those on the app... which would be a bummer because I was hoping to use one to ‘help’ with that hefty lightsaber cost.

Open to correction but I don’t think you get charged when you book. I think maybe what that blog is trying to convey is that if you don’t show, you will be charged $200.

Open to correction but I don’t think you get charged when you book. I think maybe what that blog is trying to convey is that if you don’t show, you will be charged $200.

I’m hoping so! Disneyland Daily flat out stated ‘Savi’s Workshop cost will be charged when you make your reservation.’ That’s what threw me off! She partners with Disneyland often so I usually trust what she says.

Maybe this is just a nice lesson in not trusting everything non-Disney sites say? I just want to know before our group does the whole ‘okay everyone PayPal me your $200 each’ just to realize it didn’t charge me and have to PayPal/Venmo it right back. Or on the flip side, assume it won’t and then have my bank call me like, “Uh, did you really just charge $800 in lightsaber purchases?’ 😂😂😂

When someone does the new reservation system for Savi’s Workshop, can you tell me when your card was actually charged? The reservation page says “you will not be charged until you arrive at the activity.”

But I’ve seen all the Disneyland bloggers (like Disneyland Daily- and she’s usually spot on) posting that you are charged when you make the reservation.

I’d love to know when someone does it! I’m doing the reservation making for our group that all wants to build so I’d like to know if my card would be charged nearly $900 when I make the reservation. 🙃 And plus, I usually do the Target gift card dealio to save money and usually you can’t pay with those on the app... which would be a bummer because I was hoping to use one to ‘help’ with that hefty lightsaber cost.
This is interesting to me as well, as I planned on using Disney GC for all my purchases - sounds like it's going on a cc no matter what? Or can we change the form of payment when we show for appt.? WIll change how much I spend on GC if that's the case.

I went to SWGE last weekend and they only had blue Kyber Crystals. That was a shame.
Does anyone knows where can I find more Kyber Crystals to buy?
Thanks in advance

wondering if they have a least popular lightsaber option and that's the scrap metal they are selling. I think this is brilliant.
I like that it could add options to your light saber, by switching up the pieces without having to buy another whole light saber.

I hope the last tidbit of them raising the price of building a saber is wrong. Would suck for those waiting to go to WDW to build a saber have to pay more without a chance at the original price.

DD says they haven't been told they are raising prices, so IDK. She knew about the single part selling a couple of weeks ago (just wasn't able to share until this weekend).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!