Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

Question for reservations for Savi's and Droid Depot. If I make a reservation for myself and my husband is my plus one, can he build the droid or the light saber himself and I watch? Can we work on both things together? Just trying to get an idea. When the reservations opened up yesterday I reserved Savi's under my name in excitement for scoring a slot, but he's truly the one that wants to build the light saber.
yes, you can work on both together and pick and choose, you will be together in the same area. I built my droid and my DD was my guest but she helped me choose

yeah, especially for the conveyor belt the family members can basically be at arms length. The assembly is done in the middle of the room, and although you won't be able to touch you builder you can see the whole process
Awesome! I know that one of us will go with DD8 and it is good to know that the other one can still "almost" participate. LOL. Fingers crossed DH gives in and lets me do the actual build with DD! I'm already designing it in my head! LOL! Who am I kidding?? - I've been imagining my own droid for quite a LOOOOOOONG time!

The Limit wording on Savi/Droid experience can someone clarify. We have a 3 year old and a 5 year old. so we are a party of six total......

Being so new and in keeping up with what looks like capacity issues I do not expect Disney to vary from the builder plus 1 guest any time soon, so looks like some will be standing outside........

I went back a few pages, but I didn't see the answer to my question, although I'm sure its been asked. Does the named person have to be the one going in? We are traveling with our two older stepsons and a girlfriend. I'm not sure if they are going to have the money to build or not. If I make a reservation in my name can they go in for me? I know my husband and my oldest want to do it, but I'm not sure who my third builder would be. I wish you could change guest like ADRs.

I went back a few pages, but I didn't see the answer to my question, although I'm sure its been asked. Does the named person have to be the one going in? We are traveling with our two older stepsons and a girlfriend. I'm not sure if they are going to have the money to build or not. If I make a reservation in my name can they go in for me? I know my husband and my oldest want to do it, but I'm not sure who my third builder would be. I wish you could change guest like ADRs.
you shouldn't have a problem as long as the person in the reservation is there to pay. Only a builder and guest can go in, they won't care who, as long as the product is paid

Question for reservations for Savi's and Droid Depot. If I make a reservation for myself and my husband is my plus one, can he build the droid or the light saber himself and I watch? Can we work on both things together? Just trying to get an idea. When the reservations opened up yesterday I reserved Savi's under my name in excitement for scoring a slot, but he's truly the one that wants to build the light saber.
I've seen plenty of videos of people working together to pick parts and build together. So long as you're the one checking in come your reservation time, I don't think they really care who is actually assembling the parts.

I have this problem as well. Was able to get Ogas but not Droid Depot. Guess I will just keep trying....any other tips, anyone? Thank you!!

How many are you booking for? Initially I tried to book Droid Depot for 4 people and there was no availability. But then I tried to book for 2 and it was basically wide open. So I booked 2 people at 3 PM and 2 people at 3:05 PM. So for anyone who is trying to book for more than 2 people, I would suggest breaking it down into 2 person groups.

I've looked, but can't seem to find an answer on the question about payment and the cc used for the reservation. My husband will be accompanying my oldest and I'll be with the youngest, but my cc was used. I guess we can pass it off in line if it's an issue. The real plan is to use gift cards to pay for it. Can we use those in the land?

They have not said if package delivery, either to the front of the park or resort, will be offered

I'm wondering if I should try to put my droid reservation after Ogas then, as I know the Cantina will be crowded and I don't really know where we will put them if we build them right before. Unless there will be lockers inside or near SWGE. I would much rather pick them up at the end of the night at the front of the park, or resort delivery would be awesome. I imagine it would be better for DHS to offer this as shopping is such a big component of SWGE. You'll have a lot of people trying to board rides with huge bags of merchandise otherwise.

I'm wondering if I should try to put my droid reservation after Ogas then, as I know the Cantina will be crowded and I don't really know where we will put them if we build them right before. Unless there will be lockers inside or near SWGE. I would much rather pick them up at the end of the night at the front of the park, or resort delivery would be awesome. I imagine it would be better for DHS to offer this as shopping is such a big component of SWGE. You'll have a lot of people trying to board rides with huge bags of merchandise otherwise.

I hear ya as I am holding out hope this will happen! If not carrying 2 droids and 1 LS is going to suck.......

It seems to be an issue with the logic in their reservations program. I called but they won’t do a reservation over the phone.

Correct - I've been able to determine that if you're getting the "Something Went Wrong.." when trying to book the depot, it's because of some glitch with not being able to book it during your planned vacation. If I go 1 day before or after, or any random date - it goes through with no issue. Any date/time during my 7 days, nope, something went wrong. So it's not a browser, PC, mobile thing - it's a damn Disney IT thing.

*edit - see you already figured that out in a previous post. So take mine as confirmation you're not alone...

I've looked, but can't seem to find an answer on the question about payment and the cc used for the reservation. My husband will be accompanying my oldest and I'll be with the youngest, but my cc was used. I guess we can pass it off in line if it's an issue. The real plan is to use gift cards to pay for it. Can we use those in the land?
the credit card is just to guarantee your reservation and in the event of a no show that is what will be charged. You can use gift cards or another credit/debit card or cash once inside

I posted this previously but was directed to post on this thread. I have booked Savi's at 12:05, Droid at 1:00 and Ogs's at 2:00. Does this seem like a good timeline? Do you get right in for your reservation time for these experiences?

I posted this previously but was directed to post on this thread. I have booked Savi's at 12:05, Droid at 1:00 and Ogs's at 2:00. Does this seem like a good timeline? Do you get right in for your reservation time for these experiences?
You have to check in for Droid one hour prior according to the confirmation. That's the only hitch I see.

You have to check in for Droid one hour prior according to the confirmation. That's the only hitch I see.

On the Droid Depot reservation site it says check in no earlier than 15 minutes prior to the reservation. The 1 hour you're referencing is from the standard ADR email template they are using to confirm the reservations. Classic Disney IT causing mass confusion.

On the Droid Depot reservation site it says check in no earlier than 15 minutes prior to the reservation. The 1 hour you're referencing is from the standard ADR email template they are using to confirm the reservations. Classic Disney IT causing mass confusion.
Nope, this is from my confirmation email. When I called the number, they said that it was real and you had to check in 60 minutes prior:
WDW Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Custom Astromech Units Check-In Information

Check in 60 minutes prior at Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge at the Droid Depot Location Entrance.
Be prepared to present reservation confirmation, photo ID, and the credit card provided at the time of booking the reservation.

Savi's seems to take roughly a half hour from check in and picking what set you want to use to actually getting out of there, saber in hand. Droid building is about the same, depending on how long it takes you to choose your parts. This is a pretty solid timeline - you'll basically be able to go from one to another no problem, with very little downtime (but enough breathing room) in between.

Nope, this is from my confirmation email. When I called the number, they said that it was real and you had to check in 60 minutes prior:
WDW Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Custom Astromech Units Check-In Information

Check in 60 minutes prior at Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge at the Droid Depot Location Entrance.
Be prepared to present reservation confirmation, photo ID, and the credit card provided at the time of booking the reservation.

Phone CM's are known to be wrong and they are presenting two separate conflicting time tables for when to check in via the site and confirmation email. It could go ether way at this point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!