Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

Phone CM's are known to be wrong and they are presenting two separate conflicting time tables for when to check in via the site and confirmation email. It could go ether way at this point.
Yeah, I guess we'll have to wait and see how it goes for real.

For those who have been to the DL version, is it possible for me to go and try to buy a black kyber crystal before I make my lightsaber and use it or do I have to get the one from Savi first?

Correct - I've been able to determine that if you're getting the "Something Went Wrong.." when trying to book the depot, it's because of some glitch with not being able to book it during your planned vacation. If I go 1 day before or after, or any random date - it goes through with no issue. Any date/time during my 7 days, nope, something went wrong. So it's not a browser, PC, mobile thing - it's a damn Disney IT thing.

*edit - see you already figured that out in a previous post. So take mine as confirmation you're not alone...
Sent an email explaining issue. Hope somebody reads it lol

For those who have been to the DL version, is it possible for me to go and try to buy a black kyber crystal before I make my lightsaber and use it or do I have to get the one from Savi first?

I haven't been to the DL version but I know that the Gatherers have requested that people who have bought kyber crystals at Dok-Ondar's NOT use them during the building process. i think the goal is just to avoid any conflict between parties during the build process; having your own kyber crystal interrupts the whole thing. best to just put it in your saber after you've finished.

I haven't been to the DL version but I know that the Gatherers have requested that people who have bought kyber crystals at Dok-Ondar's NOT use them during the building process. i think the goal is just to avoid any conflict between parties during the build process; having your own kyber crystal interrupts the whole thing. best to just put it in your saber after you've finished.
Thank you!

Sent an email explaining issue. Hope somebody reads it lol

I spent 50 minutes on the phone and got transferred between reservations and guest services. Guest services was able to make the reservation for me and i got a confirmation number but it's not in MDE or in an email to me as of yet.

Phone CM's are known to be wrong and they are presenting two separate conflicting time tables for when to check in via the site and confirmation email. It could go ether way at this point.

Especially since the confirmation email to build a droid says 60 minutes but Savi's email says 15 minutes!

Just for reference you can't guarantee you'll get a black kyber crystal. They come in the red kyber crystal vial and are a small percentile chance to actually get one.

Correct - I've been able to determine that if you're getting the "Something Went Wrong.." when trying to book the depot, it's because of some glitch with not being able to book it during your planned vacation. If I go 1 day before or after, or any random date - it goes through with no issue. Any date/time during my 7 days, nope, something went wrong. So it's not a browser, PC, mobile thing - it's a damn Disney IT thing.

*edit - see you already figured that out in a previous post. So take mine as confirmation you're not alone...
You must be right.

Has anyone found a workaround yet?
I just attempted to book logged in as my moms MDE- she isn’t going on the October trip but it still didn’t work, I guess because we are connected in MDE so it might think she’s going.

You must be right.

I just attempted to book logged in as my moms MDE- she isn’t going on the October trip but it still didn’t work, I guess because we are connected in MDE so it might think she’s going.
Someone on another thread yesterday suggested making a brand new, blank MDE account for Savi’s/Droid Depot. It worked for me; I just put in my information as normal on the participant screen and saved my time and confirmation number as a note in my real MDE plans.

You must be right.

I called in and was extremely polite and explained my plight to a reservations cast member. She got me through to Guest Services (so I guess just call them first) where I re-explained that it definitely was a glitch, nothing technical on my side (all of the browsers, PCs, multiple phones, etc) and definitely not availability either as the date/time I wanted has been readily available all day. She took my CC info and gave me a confirmation #.

Sorry if this has been asked - the fine print for both Savi and DD says to bring the card you reserved with along with a photo ID. Do you have to actually pay with that card? Ill bring it but I prefer to use a gift card to pay.

I called in and was extremely polite and explained my plight to a reservations cast member. She got me through to Guest Services (so I guess just call them first) where I re-explained that it definitely was a glitch, nothing technical on my side (all of the browsers, PCs, multiple phones, etc) and definitely not availability either as the date/time I wanted has been readily available all day. She took my CC info and gave me a confirmation #.
Doing the same thing. Talked to Reservation who said I had to make reservation on line. Explained the situation and am listening to It’s a Small World as I wait on hold for Guest Services.
All set with Conf numbers.

Thanks to all who helped me! I ended up making another MDE account with an email address I rarely use and booked that way. It worked perfectly. Thank you!

Has anyone heard how rigid they've been in CA with the 1 guest per builder rule at Savi's? I searched this thread but I can only try so many phrases and reading through 28 pages about ALL the merch to find a lightsaber specific answer is a silly proposition. I'd start a new thread but apparently this one is for everything about anything you can buy in GE.
I've got two daughters and I'm sure they'd like to watch (or would feel excluded if they couldn't) while I build a lightsaber, neither of them would want one and we don't need 2 in the house. Is Disney honestly being this exclusive of families with these experiences? I know they often have rules that are there for keeping things from getting out of hand but only enforced when it gets close to that point, has anyone heard that being the case with the "builder and a guest" rule?

As a related note, perhaps there should be 3 pinned threads for merch. I get the inclination to control fragmentation but there are 2 distinct products and experiences that are more than just merchandise and with those differences come complexities and I think a valid reason for separate threads. "Savi's Workshop", "Droid Depot", and "All other merch and shopping" would be my suggestions. Particularly now that GE is active on both coasts and there is more than just reporting on media and speculation, there's thousands of participants experiencing the land, offering feedback, and generating questions.

Has anyone heard how rigid they've been in CA with the 1 guest per builder rule at Savi's? I searched this thread but I can only try so many phrases and reading through 28 pages about ALL the merch to find a lightsaber specific answer is a silly proposition. I'd start a new thread but apparently this one is for everything about anything you can buy in GE.
I've got two daughters and I'm sure they'd like to watch (or would feel excluded if they couldn't) while I build a lightsaber, neither of them would want one and we don't need 2 in the house. Is Disney honestly being this exclusive of families with these experiences? I know they often have rules that are there for keeping things from getting out of hand but only enforced when it gets close to that point, has anyone heard that being the case with the "builder and a guest" rule?

As a related note, perhaps there should be 3 pinned threads for merch. I get the inclination to control fragmentation but there are 2 distinct products and experiences that are more than just merchandise and with those differences come complexities and I think a valid reason for separate threads. "Savi's Workshop", "Droid Depot", and "All other merch and shopping" would be my suggestions. Particularly now that GE is active on both coasts and there is more than just reporting on media and speculation, there's thousands of participants experiencing the land, offering feedback, and generating questions.
I'm gonna say they will be strict. There is only so much room in that small room and they don't want to ruin the experience with it being overcrowded or risk fire code by overcrowding. I would ask and see if the CM will help out but it's one of those if they do it for one person then everyone is gonna want to bring more in

Follow up question about the Droid Depot...does anyone have a list of the personality chips? Looking to find out if I should plan to buy one or not.

Thanks to all who helped me! I ended up making another MDE account with an email address I rarely use and booked that way. It worked perfectly. Thank you!
Just worked for me too. I think I have been trying for a full 24 hours. So weird. Thank you to whoever came up that that idea!

Someone on another thread yesterday suggested making a brand new, blank MDE account for Savi’s/Droid Depot. It worked for me; I just put in my information as normal on the participant screen and saved my time and confirmation number as a note in my real MDE plans.
I suspect that works because it doesn’t contain your hotel reservation the dates of which are causing the issue.

As a related note, perhaps there should be 3 pinned threads for merch. I get the inclination to control fragmentation but there are 2 distinct products and experiences that are more than just merchandise and with those differences come complexities and I think a valid reason for separate threads. "Savi's Workshop", "Droid Depot", and "All other merch and shopping" would be my suggestions..

Cant agree more, SO MUCH info squished into the thread that 99% of it is lost just by posting, I also though it silly to close the other threads so fast as I do understand house keeping but for a new land opening to keep it such in a narrow place is "goofy"................:goofy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!