Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

@MomOTwins At Disneyland more people could enter the land with your reservation. I would think it would be similar at WDW.

From Disneyland's Savi page.....
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/sh...t-lightsabers/?CMP=ILC-DPFY19Q3wo06120190006G
Checking In
Guests should check in no earlier than 15 minutes prior to their reservation time at the check-in location in front of Savi’s Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers. Each person in your party must be present upon check-in and admission to Savi’s Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers. Late arrivals may not be accommodated.
If the virtual queuing system is being used, Guests with reservations for Savi’s Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers may enter the land up to one hour prior to their reservation time at the Fantasyland entrance to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
If the party size is larger than the reserved party of 3 for the experience area, and if boarding groups are required to enter the land, up to a total of 6 Guests may enter the land in connection with the reservation. The experience area is still limited to the builder and 2 Guests.
Please be prepared to present your reservation confirmation, photo ID and the credit card provided at the time of booking.

Of course it wouldn’t be the first time I had to buy a suitcase while on vacation to get my souvenirs home!
Tell me about it, when I was coming back from the UK, I spent two hours walking London in those shops looking for a suitcase for just the stuff I bought! BLA................

I don't think we have a definitive answer with respect to passengers flying on Spirit or Frontier. Both airlines charge for bin bags. Many passengers seem to make do with just a personal item. I don't think a droid and a small backpack will fit under the seat in front of you.
Probably depends on the backpack? My thought is that I'm going to carry the droid on in a small backpack and tuck it under the seat. Unless I've wildly misunderstood the size of the droid, I expect to be able to fit both the backpack and my purse under the seat in front of me. That's assuming it's not in a carry case, I suppose; the carry case they give you does look big and clunky in the photos.

And that's a thought/question--I know the carry case/box is included in the droid build, but can you decline it? I'm torn on it because on the one hand it's nice to have something to put the droid in to keep it secure, but on the other hand I expect I'll prefer to just carry it in a backpack (worn on my front) when I'm in the park so it's easier to see/hear/interact with, and when I get home I'll probably prefer to have it out on display anyway.

And that's a thought/question--I know the carry case/box is included in the droid build, but can you decline it? I'm torn on it because on the one hand it's nice to have something to put the droid in to keep it secure, but on the other hand I expect I'll prefer to just carry it in a backpack (worn on my front) when I'm in the park so it's easier to see/hear/interact with, and when I get home I'll probably prefer to have it out on display anyway.

I know some people who were smart enough to grab their backpacks and accessories first (and therefore pay all at once) just got their droids into the packs and declined the boxes. But FYI, the only instructions for the droids (like battery replacement) are on the bottom of the boxes.

Also I love my little blue MJ-2 (a BB unit) but boy does she not fit in most bags and she's been my personal item on at least two flights so far...

On the Droid Depot reservation site it says check in no earlier than 15 minutes prior to the reservation. The 1 hour you're referencing is from the standard ADR email template they are using to confirm the reservations. Classic Disney IT causing mass confusion.

When I called for clarification, the CM stated it’s 15min and the 1hr references the ADR as stated above. Still confusing as we don’t want to lose our reservation if we’re not there 1hr prior, but we’re back to back with Oga’s.

Probably depends on the backpack? My thought is that I'm going to carry the droid on in a small backpack and tuck it under the seat. Unless I've wildly misunderstood the size of the droid, I expect to be able to fit both the backpack and my purse under the seat in front of me.
You're limited to one personal item. You need some kind of bag big enough for both your purse and droid, which comply with your airlines size requirements.
You may have issues $$$ with Spirit and frontier

I know some people who were smart enough to grab their backpacks and accessories first (and therefore pay all at once) just got their droids into the packs and declined the boxes. But FYI, the only instructions for the droids (like battery replacement) are on the bottom of the boxes.

Also I love my little blue MJ-2 (a BB unit) but boy does she not fit in most bags and she's been my personal item on at least two flights so far...
Here in wdw I built a droid and the instructions came in a separate piece of paper. Also the instructions are online now https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/shops/hollywood-studios/droid-depot/

I hope to purchase a Batuuan Spira when I enter Batuu and use it to pay for our Droid, Lightsaber and Oga’s drinks. Does anyone know if I can purchase the Spira and load credits onto it from another Disney gift card?

I'm reading it as, if you need to get access to Galaxy's Edge itself in order to keep your reservation (as in, they have a virtual queue or an entry line to stand in when you get there) your reservation will allow you to enter the land up to an hour prior to your reservation time. You must check in at the venue, inside Galaxy's Edge, 15 minutes prior to your reservation time.

I am flying in on Southwest, but back on Jetblue so I would have to pay them extra to check anything. I'm still working out what to do about that. However, I think the droid (I plan to buy an R2) will fit under the seat in a tote bag, although I'll have to get rid of his carrying box. On airlines like Spirit or Frontier where you are required to pay extra for access to the overhead bins, plans like that would need to be made for droids, but I'm not sure that lightsaber blades (even when detached) will fit under the seat.

I get "temporarily unavailable" with the link to the droid instructions but according to Disneyland, you must carry them inside the land. I didn't see anything that says you need to put them inside something. You just can't operate them. I'm still looking for the perfect thing to carry one in that won't cost $40.

Last edited:
Many of us are going to fly home with our Droids. I'm flying Southwest. I can bring an empty bin bag or even an empty checked bag. It would be helpful to know the dimensions of the droid in the box. I'm going to buy an R unit but I suspect others would like information on the BB.

Some posters fly with Spirit and Frontier. Those people might like to know if the Droid can be taken apart so as to fit in a small backpack as a personal item.

Maybe add the information to the first post.

Many of us are going to fly home with our Droids. I'm flying Southwest. I can bring an empty bin bag or even an empty checked bag. It would be helpful to know the dimensions of the droid in the box. I'm going to buy an R unit but I suspect others would like information on the BB.

Some posters fly with Spirit and Frontier. Those people might like to know if the Droid can be taken apart so as to fit in a small backpack as a personal item.

Maybe add the information to the first post.
I posted this on another thread : the R unit is 1 foot tall by 8 inches wide and 6 inches deep. You could unscrew the legs on each side making the width around 6 inches. Fully assembled the R unit fits a regular size school backpack

I'd been planning to use a little backpack I'd gotten on a previous trip to WDW, but now I'm nervous the droid won't fit in it (I plan to build an R-unit, so it may not be as difficult as a BB, but....). I'm thinking seriously about budgeting for the Droid Depot backpack since a.) the droid will fit in it for sure and b.) it seems easier to wrangle than the box. That's a good point about the instructions, though someone had posted a link to PDFs on a Disney website--I'll just make sure to print a copy before I go in case I have any trouble accessing that info during my trip.
You're limited to one personal item. You need some kind of bag big enough for both your purse and droid, which comply with your airlines size requirements.
You may have issues $$$ with Spirit and frontier
I guess I didn't clarify--the droid bag would be my carry-on and the purse would be my personal item, and since I'm flying United I can have two items/bags total as long as at least one goes under the seat. I get a free checked bag as a credit card benefit, so I plan to under-pack my checked bag on the way down and check everything except the droid and the things I'll want on the plane on the way back.
I'm reading it as, if you need to get access to Galaxy's Edge itself in order to keep your reservation (as in, they have a virtual queue or an entry line to stand in when you get there) your reservation will allow you to enter the land up to an hour prior to your reservation time. You must check in at the venue, inside Galaxy's Edge, 15 minutes prior to your reservation time.

I am flying in on Southwest, but back on Jetblue so I would have to pay them extra to check anything. I'm still working out what to do about that. However, I think the droid (I plan to buy an R2) will fit under the seat in a tote bag, although I'll have to get rid of his carrying box. On airlines like Spirit or Frontier where you are required to pay extra for access to the overhead bins, plans like that would need to be made for droids, but I'm not sure that lightsaber blades (even when detached) will fit under the seat.

I get "temporarily unavailable" with the link to the droid instructions but according to Disneyland, you must carry them inside the land. I didn't see anything that says you need to put them inside something. You just can't operate them. I'm still looking for the perfect thing to carry one in that won't cost $40.
Honestly, the potential difficulty of getting the lightsaber home is one of the reasons I decided not to do it. I would be nervous about putting a $200 purchase in the overhead bin since people can be so rough/careless when they put their bags in.

Re: the bag for a droid...as I said, I'm tipping toward springing for the special backpack. But if we can get measurements for the droids (I'm sure someone's already posted them somewhere around here), I might measure the inside of the little souvenir backpack I already have from a previous WDW trip and see if it's even an option. I think I'm going to want something to carry it in just so I can feel confident I won't drop it after spending $100+ making it.

Last edited:
I posted this on another thread : the R unit is 1 foot tall by 8 inches wide and 6 inches deep. You could unscrew the legs on each side making the width around 6 inches. Fully assembled the R unit fits a regular size school backpack
And there's the answer, haha! I'll have to dig the little backpack out tonight and take measurements, but that does sound promising.

I'd been planning to use a little backpack I'd gotten on a previous trip to WDW, but now I'm nervous the droid won't fit in it (I plan to build an R-unit, so it may not be as difficult as a BB, but....). I'm thinking seriously about budgeting for the Droid Depot backpack since a.) the droid will fit in it for sure and b.) it seems easier to wrangle than the box. That's a good point about the instructions, though someone had posted a link to PDFs on a Disney website--I'll just make sure to print a copy before I go in case I have any trouble accessing that info during my trip.

I guess I didn't clarify--the droid bag would be my carry-on and the purse would be my personal item, and since I'm flying United I can have two items/bags total as long as at least one goes under the seat. I get a free checked bag as a credit card benefit, so I plan to under-pack my checked bag on the way down and check everything except the droid and the things I'll want on the plane on the way back. It's all well within the baggage rules.

Honestly, the potential difficulty of getting the lightsaber home is one of the reasons I decided not to do it. I would be nervous about putting a $200 purchase in the overhead bin since people can be so rough/careless when they put their bags in.

Re: the bag for a droid...as I said, I'm tipping toward springing for the special backpack. But if we can get measurements for the droids (I'm sure someone's already posted them somewhere around here), I might measure the inside of the little souvenir backpack I already have from a previous WDW trip and see if it's even an option. I think I'm going to want something to carry it in just so I can feel confident I won't drop it after spending $100+ making it.
see post above this one. Also the instructions are given to you via a card so you don't need the box. You could also just breakdown the box to take home

so with the droid backpack...can anything else fit in there besides the droid? Since I usually have my own backpack with an umbrella and money stuff and a phone charger.

so with the droid backpack...can anything else fit in there besides the droid? Since I usually have my own backpack with an umbrella and money stuff and a phone charger.
with the droid backpack you can fit some other things that are not bulky. Everything that you listed above will fit. There's also a small zippered pouch inside toward the top and a side open pocket

Does anyone know if we could go in with two adults and a baby (18 months) with one reservation?

What's the quickest way to Savi's from the Muppets check in for the Passholder previews? Through the outpost shopping center, or bypassing the outpost and going by the land speeders?

Also, do you think it will be check-in to see if there's availability, and then wait an hour walking around SWGE? Or check-in and wait in line at Savi's for an hour or more?

I have seen that the lightsaber is between 34-36 inches long, but I am not sure what it would be if I detached the hilt? I have contacted Westjet to ensure they will let it on the plane, but they want the dimensions. I want to ensure I am giving them accurate information. Worst thing would be that we come through with two lightsabers that they won't allow on the plane!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!