Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

I have seen that the lightsaber is between 34-36 inches long, but I am not sure what it would be if I detached the hilt? I have contacted Westjet to ensure they will let it on the plane, but they want the dimensions. I want to ensure I am giving them accurate information. Worst thing would be that we come through with two lightsabers that they won't allow on the plane!
Pretty much all airlines have allowed them on so far. TSA allows them through security. I’d hazard a guess the hilt itself is 12-ish inches.

Pretty much all airlines have allowed them on so far. TSA allows them through security. I’d hazard a guess the hilt itself is 12-ish inches.
Thanks @rteetz for easing my mind. I have never been to Disney this close to an opening before (going to SWGE on Sept 1) and previously there has always been lots of information available, so all these unknowns are driving me crazy. I am sure you're right, and there won't be any problems!

Here in wdw I built a droid and the instructions came in a separate piece of paper. Also the instructions are online now https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/shops/hollywood-studios/droid-depot/

Nice improvement since the DLR opening!

I hope to purchase a Batuuan Spira when I enter Batuu and use it to pay for our Droid, Lightsaber and Oga’s drinks. Does anyone know if I can purchase the Spira and load credits onto it from another Disney gift card?

I know you can not buy Spira with a GC. IIRC you can't to GC to GC transfers at a store either.

Wait! I cannot pay for food, souvenirs, experiences, etc in SWGE with a Disney GC or Credit Card? I have to get some kind of currency exchange first?

Wait! I cannot pay for food, souvenirs, experiences, etc in SWGE with a Disney GC or Credit Card? I have to get some kind of currency exchange first?
No. You can pay with cc or gc or cash. They have a special SWGE gift card that you can get If you want. I believe you have to put at last $100 on it to get it

You can, the original question that brought this up is someone wants to use the in land gift card "spira" to pay for everything. You can use your credit card and Disney gift cards just like at any other kiosk or store.

For all of you intrepid droid owners out there...how is the interactivity with aspects of the land? Any tips to get the most out of it? Haven’t heard that much about this.

For all of you intrepid droid owners out there...how is the interactivity with aspects of the land? Any tips to get the most out of it? Haven’t heard that much about this.
I only had my droid in the land for a couple of hours. I bought him the rebel personality. He beeped around the droid depot area. Happy beeps around the resistance, scared sounds around first order. He made lots of sounds in the market. I didn't have another droid so couldn't check that aspect

I've tried searching but there are so many pages here... Do you have to have a reservation to go into the droid depot? Can you just go in and look around? Can you purchase some of the merchandise such as hats, tshirts? Or only people with reservations can get in?

I've tried searching but there are so many pages here... Do you have to have a reservation to go into the droid depot? Can you just go in and look around? Can you purchase some of the merchandise such as hats, tshirts? Or only people with reservations can get in?
You can go in and look around and buy other merchandise. You cannot go into the building area but you can see it

Tell me about it, when I was coming back from the UK, I spent two hours walking London in those shops looking for a suitcase for just the stuff I bought! BLA................
Lol! Our situation was in Strasbourg,France. We visited many Christmas markets and I had the bright idea of purchasing the cute mugs from each one. 20 mugs later........
I hope to purchase a Batuuan Spira when I enter Batuu and use it to pay for our Droid, Lightsaber and Oga’s drinks. Does anyone know if I can purchase the Spira and load credits onto it from another Disney gift card?
If you load the Batuu card on the Disneygiftcard website, you should be able to add credit from any other Disney gift card. I’m pretty sure the special gift card behaves like any of the other Disney gift cards.

Been a long time since I've used that. What is the time gap for delivery to front of park or resort? 24 hours for resort?
It takes a couple of hours before a purchase can be picked up at the front of the park.

For Resorts, the packages are sent to the resort’s shop and you pick it up from there the following day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!