Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

I have some Savi questions -

* Will they send your LS back to your hotel room?
* Is it in a carrying case?
* Is it worthwhile to mail it home or just carry on plane?

I have some Savi questions -

* Will they send your LS back to your hotel room?
* Is it in a carrying case?
* Is it worthwhile to mail it home or just carry on plane?
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. I don't think they send it to your home directly from Disney, plenty of videos and articles about taking it with you on the plane

Will they send your LS back to your hotel room?
Purchases are sent to the main shop at your Resort and stored there until you pick it up the following day.

The CMs in the parks pick up purchases at all the shops, take them to a backstage holding area, then sort them and send them out to the specific Resorts.

That’s a lot of people handling your custom built saber.

It may be easier to send it to the front of the park to be picked up at the end of your park day.

I'm taking a droid. It's $100 cheaper, and I can play with it while I'm there. I've always loved R2D2. There's a nice long corridor in the Polynesian longhouses where he can run.

I'm not sure what I would do with a lightsaber, although they are very very cool. I'm lucky that a friend wants one, so she is building one in November and I'm going to be her plus one.
Oh, how fun! Not sure with building we'll be in at the Poly in a couple weeks but I cant wait to try out my droid down the long hallways! CCV too!

Dh is going to build a lightsaber but I may or may not depending on whether or not I end up with a legacy lightsaber. Third world problems, right?

Purchases are sent to the main shop at your Resort and stored there until you pick it up the following day.

The CMs in the parks pick up purchases at all the shops, take them to a backstage holding area, then sort them and send them out to the specific Resorts.

That’s a lot of people handling your custom built saber.

It may be easier to send it to the front of the park to be picked up at the end of your park day.

Great idea I did not know this was available, the front of the park option, either way I am not carrying 2 droids anywhere, so they will have to take the long haul to the resort but you are right about the saber and seeing they are in a what a foam tube, this might be the right option, I am just happy this is even an option!

You must use a credit card or cash to buy it at first, but it has a serial number and pin just like other cards, so you can reload it and transfer from other cards online, too. I just did that last night!

Does the coin/card have that sticky line to peel off and it you were able to use it online, good news!

Does anybody know if we will be able to take a lightsaber on rides? I think DH will want to take it out of Savis and get pics, etc, but then we will want to ride some rides later. If it won't go on rides (I'm thinking specifically SDD and ToT) can you have them send it back to the resort a while after you purchase it?

For those that went to the preview today, can anyone recall if you can use AP discounts on Legacy sabers (I think maybe for the blades but not the hilts)? Also, I know you can’t on the actual droid builds but what about accessories like personality chips? Kyber crystals/holocrons? Toy stall? Food?

For those that went to the preview today, can anyone recall if you can use AP discounts on Legacy sabers (I think maybe for the blades but not the hilts)? Also, I know you can’t on the actual droid builds but what about accessories like personality chips? Kyber crystals/holocrons? Toy stall? Food?
Here’s the official info that @yulilin3 posted in the Preview thread:
I have not been able to follow reports today but here's the info I have, sorry if it's repeat info:
  • The standard Annual Passholder merchandise discount applies toward purchases during Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge previews.
  • Discounts on food and beverages as well as the build-your-own experiences at Droid Depot and Savi’s Workshop will not be available
  • Passholder-exclusive and opening season merchandise will be available for purchase outside of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. Please direct Guests to Once Upon a Time, Tatooine Traders, Star Wars Launch Bay and Stage One.

Cool, sounds like the restocking is happening, my appt is @ 9:15AM on the 29th, so hopefully they wont run out before then, any word on Oga's souvenir mugs or the beer flight as I still dont seem them listed??
I had a friend at the preview today and saw a picture of the menu that listed the beer flight. I asked if they had them and was told they did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!