Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

Not sure if this is the right place to post so bear with me:

I have a 9:25am Savi reservation followed by a 10:10am Oga’s reservation - is there enough time to get to Oga’s?

I heard the droid backpacks in DL were back in stock in early August but sold out. Does anyone know if it is back in stock now?

Not sure if this is the right place to post so bear with me:

I have a 9:25am Savi reservation followed by a 10:10am Oga’s reservation - is there enough time to get to Oga’s?

I think that is possible but cutting it a little close. The building experience at Savi’s takes 15-20 minutes plus another 15-20 for waiting and check-in. Not sure if they’d cancel your Oga’s reservation for being a few minutes late (especially since you were dropping $200 someplace else - which is well worth it BTW), but you never know.

I have a Vera Bradley tennis bag, with a zipper compartment on the outside that is supposed to hold a tennis racket. I'm going to bring it to carry the droid. It's big and being Vera is a soft quilted material, so he should fit in the racket compartment.

I have a Vera Bradley tennis bag, with a zipper compartment on the outside that is supposed to hold a tennis racket. I'm going to bring it to carry the droid. It's big and being Vera is a soft quilted material, so he should fit in the racket compartment.
I am thinking that Disney is holding back on them and waiting till opening day before they are put out.....but who knows....

I heard the droid backpacks in DL were back in stock in early August but sold out. Does anyone know if it is back in stock now?

I just asked on the DL thread. No one knows. I know someone that is going today and hopefully getting one for me. I'll update you once I find out. It seems to be real varied, like by day.

Droid depot is so great. My son built one to exactly match R2D2. I tried to talk him into a cool orange and black one but he’s a six year old purist. The CM struggled to get the droid to activate but once it worked I swear I saw my husband tear up haha. Now that we are home with R2’s twin it’s like having another member of the family. Few things are worth the money in WDW these days but this is a great experience and product.

Has anyone tried bringing the droid back on the plane in your carry on? Want to be prepared. We are flying home from TPA so they likely won’t have seen any (many) yet.

Has anyone tried bringing the droid back on the plane in your carry on? Want to be prepared. We are flying home from TPA so they likely won’t have seen any (many) yet.
Yes we counted the box as one of our carry ons and it went through no problem at security. Fit underneath the seat without issue either.

I
Yesterday, I inquired and was told spira wouldn’t be there until official opening day.

I went Monday and used the spira I got at DLR all over the land and the CMs were constantly amazed/amused by it. First time they'd seen one.

I cannot fit MJ-2 into any suitcase I have so I have now taken her on five plane trips were I either have the backpack with her as my personal item under the seat, or she is in a Giant Reusable Shopping Bag with other purchases and goes in the overhead. Haven't raised an eyebrow... yet.

Has anyone flown home after Savis yet? Lightsaber won’t fit in luggage even after detaching blade. Can you carry on?

Has anyone flown home after Savis yet? Lightsaber won’t fit in luggage even after detaching blade. Can you carry on?
We flew back from Disneyland with 2 droids, saw others with lightsabers as a carry on, no issues at all. I would say if you bring your rolling suitcase you might have issues but your lightsaber/droid and a back pack was a non-issue.

The 2 limited release magicbands that were released.. Anyone know of those are only sold in Hollywood studios? Or would Disney springs have them too?

Now that we’re several days into passholder previews maybe someone has an answer to this. I saw one person carrying a droid in a box over the weekend, and it looks too big to stow under your seat on a Star Tours flight. If it doesn’t fit under the seat are you allowed to keep it at your feet?

We flew back from Disneyland with 2 droids, saw others with lightsabers as a carry on, no issues at all. I would say if you bring your rolling suitcase you might have issues but your lightsaber/droid and a back pack was a non-issue.

I had a backpack and a rolling carryon. I shipped the "blade" via USPS Priority tube for $9.45, and put the droid and lightsaber in the backpack. TSA spent a little time inspecting the lightsaber, and one agent said the "blade" part may not pass if the x-ray showed any metal in it. I assume there wouldn't be any metal, other than conductive wiring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!