Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

yes, you can play with them and when you are ready to move on to another area you can go back and with the receipt send it to the front or your resort

Did exactly that!

Played with Mr Roboto until it was time to go to Sci-Fi, took him to the register in the droid depot by R2D2 and shipped his to my resort, LOVE this option!

Hi, I’ve been reading that the droid backpacks are selling out. Wondering if anyone has a recent update on this issue? I will be there on the 30th Sep and don’t want to worry about having to lug my 3 kids droids around in the boxes. Thanks!!
My DS built a droid in SWGE Orlando on Sunday. Backpacks were sold out, but we were lucky that a friend of ours was there opening weekend and bought a backpack for us then. A backpack is so much better than the bulky boxes, IMO. Instead of boxing up the droid for us, I had the cm at droid depot keep the box folded up and I put it into my large shopping bag (from the gift shops). DS (9) enjoyed carrying his droid in his arms mostly, or while wearing the backpack in front like a baby carrier. It's loud in SWGE, so at least we could hear him beep and light up when the droid was in front. DS did try putting the droid into the cardboard box at one point (because everyone else was carrying them this way), but that lasted all of 10 seconds. Once it started wobbling all around in the box, DS took it right out and put it back in the backpack.
You may want to bring backpacks that your kids already have with you. We found it so much easier using a backpack (the droids are heavier than I was expecting!).
You may want to check out these clear inexpensive backpacks from walmart as an alternative if the droids backpacks aren't re-stocked by your trip. I had bought one just in case the droid backpack sold out before my friend could get one for us. We have the BB droid and it fits in there nicely, and since it's clear you can see the droid the whole time (not hidden in a box).
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Eastspor...cket-Adjustable-Straps-and-Lash-Tab/100628936

Do you have to do the dark side saber building to get a red crystal? Or can I choose one if I go nature themed?

Also wanted to show off our Droid. They didn't have the color we wanted so we just fixed it ourselves. We were modeling him after a Droid from Rebels.

IMG_20190901_150704.jpg

IMG_20190911_143641.jpg

While he looks like an imperial Droid he's really a spy and has a secret tattoo on his foot to prove it.

IMG_20190911_144243.jpg

IMG_20190911_143701.jpgIMG_20190911_152009.jpg

Do you have to do the dark side saber building to get a red crystal? Or can I choose one if I go nature themed?

Also wanted to show off our Droid. They didn't have the color we wanted so we just fixed it ourselves. We were modeling him after a Droid from Rebels.

View attachment 437362

View attachment 437363

While he looks like an imperial Droid he's really a spy and has a secret tattoo on his foot to prove it.

View attachment 437364

View attachment 437367View attachment 437366

That looks amazing! What type of paint is best to use? Thinking of customizing my droids colors but thinking paint may be cheaper than buying parts at the depot, plus paint gives a lot more options.

I used paint on mine as well but not to that extent, just on some of the head and front panels. I used an oil based paint like that sold for models. I did not like the idea of using decals much. I did like the small decals with logos that were at the bottom of the decal sheet but I'm not really interested in buying the whole sheet just to get one of those.

I'm pretty sure I have a sassy First Order droid although it's a bit too colorful for the First Order, maybe mine is a spy too.

View attachment 437362

View attachment 437363

View attachment 437364

It could be Chopper's brother :) nicely done

Curious to anyone who has more than 1 Droid
I know it's been said that they do not interact with each other.
But, in watching this video
They beep intermittently (discusses this about 28 min in)
However, when I just leave my Droid on, it goes to sleep after 5 min.
Since the ones in this video don't do that, I wondered if there's something that does make them interact with each other in some manner
Anyone else experience anything like this guy's have?

Curious to anyone who has more than 1 Droid
I know it's been said that they do not interact with each other.
But, in watching this video
They beep intermittently (discusses this about 28 min in)
However, when I just leave my Droid on, it goes to sleep after 5 min.
Since the ones in this video don't do that, I wondered if there's something that does make them interact with each other in some manner
Anyone else experience anything like this guy's have?

We built 2 a R & BB unit and I can say, messing with them, in the same room and leaving them alone, nothing, no interaction. Nothing like it was when we were walking about in Batuu, random beeping, head movements ect but they did do it at the same time so he is right there probably some blanket BT signal causing them to react.....

We used testor's spray paint for most of it. Went on very smooth and even. Taped off the sections we wanted to have paint on them.

The white front logo and the foot tattoo were both made by cutting a stencil from a picture we printed online. The white front pattern was spray painted, the foot tattoo was painted with model paint by hand to give it more of a: 'this was painted on after the fact and not done with the same materials as his factory paint' kind of look.

View attachment 437362

View attachment 437363

View attachment 437364

That looks amazing! And I love the tattoo!

Anyone have any trouble with droids on Airplanes. Overheard someone saying they were being tossed at TSA. Not sure if it’s true or just a parent getting out of buying their kids one😉.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was in there today, and a 12 year old or so tried to see how to get a black (he knew about the hack). The cm told them that doesn't work anymore, the kid didn't believe her. She was like go ahead, flash the light lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!