Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

You can pick from any of the colors when building a saber at Savi’s.

Color choices at Savi's are blue, green, violet and red. One video I saw, the builder was happy to discover she could choose a violet crystal for her Power and Control ("dark side") saber.

Color choices at Savi's are blue, green, violet and red. One video I saw, the builder was happy to discover she could choose a violet crystal for her Power and Control ("dark side") saber.

No yellow or white, or are they just out at the moment?

Does anyone know if the Droid Depot uses UPS/Fedex or the US Postal Service to ship droids home for guests? We will have our mail 'on hold' for a least another week after we leave WDW and our post office has lost packages in the past, so I would prefer not to have my kids new little 'friends' shipped through the post office service. If they use UPS/FedEx, I can just have a neighbor grab it off the porch. Thank you so much for any insight you can provide!

So if you get a red crystal during saber building, is there a chance for that to be black or does that only happen when you buy them separate?

Yellow and white were never available at Savis. Those are only available to purchase at Dok Ondars.

Oh, interesting. It seemed like DL Savi's had them before they ran out (based on videos we saw), so we were hoping they might be at WDW Savi's. DH was going to look at Dok Ondars anyway, so hopefully they'll be there.

For anyone interested, Virgin Atlantic confirmed for me that you can carry lightsabers on the plane alongside your hand luggage. Same goes for droids. But to remove the batteries from both and put in the hold.

Anyone have any trouble with droids on Airplanes. Overheard someone saying they were being tossed at TSA. Not sure if it’s true or just a parent getting out of buying their kids one😉.

I carried mine onto American Airlines last month from LA. He was in his backpack. No one said anything.

Did savis this morning. Awesome experience, worth it in my opinion

Some of it got taken away as there were a lot of issues with mine and other people's sabers. Was disappointed toward the end when you grab the completed Saber my canister or whatever you want to call it wouldn't open, so I couldn't grab it and hold it up with everyone else. Then when I did get it, it was having trouble lighting up

Oh, interesting. It seemed like DL Savi's had them before they ran out (based on videos we saw), so we were hoping they might be at WDW Savi's. DH was going to look at Dok Ondars anyway, so hopefully they'll be there.

Nope, was at Savi's at DL on the first public day, no yellow or white ever. And if you bring one in, they won't let you use it, people that very morning.

Did savis this morning. Awesome experience, worth it in my opinion

Some of it got taken away as there were a lot of issues with mine and other people's sabers. Was disappointed toward the end when you grab the completed Saber my canister or whatever you want to call it wouldn't open, so I couldn't grab it and hold it up with everyone else. Then when I did get it, it was having trouble lighting up

Aw, that would be so disappointing. I've seen more than one video lately where the Gatherers had to help the builder and get replacement parts from another tray because their original parts wouldn't connect correctly. I hope Disney is trying to improve on this. But the "hood" not opening to release your saber is really bad.

I don't know how Disney would react, but if I had an experience like yours, I'd be tempted to go to guest services and tell them about it and nicely ask if I could give them back my lightsaber and have a "do-over" - not trying to get a second saber for free, just a second try at the building experience hopefully without their malfunctions.

Has anyone actually had any luck reserving Savi's in December? I missed the opening reservation day and I've only seen Dec. 1, 3, 24 and 25 ever be open and the about 10 days after Dec. 5 have consistently been blocked out. Wondering if people actually have those dates or if they are actually literally blacked out for now. I'll be there Dec. 8-16 and hoping to snag a spot sometime in that period. Will try for walk-up if I don't.

Has anyone actually had any luck reserving Savi's in December? I missed the opening reservation day and I've only seen Dec. 1, 3, 24 and 25 ever be open and the about 10 days after Dec. 5 have consistently been blocked out. Wondering if people actually have those dates or if they are actually literally blacked out for now. I'll be there Dec. 8-16 and hoping to snag a spot sometime in that period. Will try for walk-up if I don't.

They were available and there was a recent second round of drops that was reported on here--that is just a very popular time because people want the guaranteed access to the land for RoTR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!