Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

Yea. I saw Oga's and Droid get a sudden round of availability. And Savi's get a lot of availability opening up until December about a week ago. But still no-joy for December. Seen a couple days open here and there. Ah well ... still time. Hoping something pops. Or there's luck with walk-ups the period I'm there. I know it's a bit of an unknown on what RoTR will do to the dynamic. All speculation.

So, I have reservations for us to build a droid at 7:00 and then the light sabers at 7:30. Is that allowing enough time between to get b both done?

I understand that both events are in the same building and take about 20 minutes each. Is that right?

Thanks!

Aw, that would be so disappointing. I've seen more than one video lately where the Gatherers had to help the builder and get replacement parts from another tray because their original parts wouldn't connect correctly. I hope Disney is trying to improve on this. But the "hood" not opening to release your saber is really bad.

I don't know how Disney would react, but if I had an experience like yours, I'd be tempted to go to guest services and tell them about it and nicely ask if I could give them back my lightsaber and have a "do-over" - not trying to get a second saber for free, just a second try at the building experience hopefully without their malfunctions.

Ya I thought about it. But just decided to continue on the day. I wasn't 100% upset about it, just a little bummed. I still had fun

Does anyone know if the Droid Depot uses UPS/Fedex or the US Postal Service to ship droids home for guests? We will have our mail 'on hold' for a least another week after we leave WDW and our post office has lost packages in the past, so I would prefer not to have my kids new little 'friends' shipped through the post office service. If they use UPS/FedEx, I can just have a neighbor grab it off the porch. Thank you so much for any insight you can provide!
We ship stuff home often. It’s always been delivered UPS

Oh, interesting. It seemed like DL Savi's had them before they ran out (based on videos we saw), so we were hoping they might be at WDW Savi's. DH was going to look at Dok Ondars anyway, so hopefully they'll be there.

Was there on the 29th, opening day and had to ask for them at Dok-Ondars, with all the silliness going on with the black crystals, we could not even pick up the canisters, had a CM giving them out, 2 PP BUT did buy both holocrons so I was able to get all of them. When talking to the CM I asked about the white and yellow and he pulled some out as they were not on display and told me they were "very limited"........

Question:
Heading back in October - does security let you bring in your droid and/or lightsaber (that you built on a previous trip)?
Not entirely sure I want to lug them around, but think it would be cool to have the droid interact in the land again (we noticed him beeping when we bought him in August, but didnt really see all he could do) .. and would love some night photos with the lightsaber...

Question:
Heading back in October - does security let you bring in your droid and/or lightsaber (that you built on a previous trip)?
Not entirely sure I want to lug them around, but think it would be cool to have the droid interact in the land again (we noticed him beeping when we bought him in August, but didnt really see all he could do) .. and would love some night photos with the lightsaber...

While I have not done so myself, there are lots of reports of people doing so......

While I have not done so myself, there are lots of reports of people doing so......
Thank you. Now to decide if that is an option for us. Both things arent exactly easy to carry around .. and unless my 3yo walks everywhere -- I bet I know who would be carrying the droid or the saber. :)

Another question on Crytsals and Holocrons at Dok Ondars. The crystals you buy there can just be inserted into an existing Savis lighstaber to make it change color (and sound?). Does the crystal you got with Savis work within Holocrons?

I didnt research a lot about them (dont quite want to spoil it) .. but considering we already did Droid Depot and Savis, maybe a purchase for me is in order at Dok Ondars. :)

Thank you. Now to decide if that is an option for us. Both things arent exactly easy to carry around .. and unless my 3yo walks everywhere -- I bet I know who would be carrying the droid or the saber. :)

Another question on Crytsals and Holocrons at Dok Ondars. The crystals you buy there can just be inserted into an existing Savis lighstaber to make it change color (and sound?). Does the crystal you got with Savis work within Holocrons?

I didnt research a lot about them (dont quite want to spoil it) .. but considering we already did Droid Depot and Savis, maybe a purchase for me is in order at Dok Ondars. :)

Agree that they are a bit of a task to lug around but fun watching the droids react in the different parts of Batuu. The holocrons are actually pretty cool, they do work in BOTH of them and do change the colors of each to match the crystals respectively. When placed in the holocrons they do act different in each with different voices with messages, very cool, have fun!!

Agree that they are a bit of a task to lug around but fun watching the droids react in the different parts of Batuu. The holocrons are actually pretty cool, they do work in BOTH of them and do change the colors of each to match the crystals respectively. When placed in the holocrons they do act different in each with different voices with messages, very cool, have fun!!
Sooo . a Crystal and Holocron may be in my future :).

Question on the droids --- my BB unit falls asleep after a fairly short time of inactivity. Will the interactions within the land keep it awake? It is a pain to wake up the BB unit (opening it up and flipping the switch).

Question on the droids --- my BB unit falls asleep after a fairly short time of inactivity. Will the interactions within the land keep it awake? It is a pain to wake up the BB unit (opening it up and flipping the switch).
I walked around batuu for about an hour and my R unit did not fall asleep, it interacted the entire time

While walking around in GE with a BB unit and yea they are a pain to open, but I found it was active enough to keep it from sleeping, both of them, we had a R and BB units. Dok Ondars was cool as there was lots to look at and of course buy, a bit on the pricey side but all too cool for me to pass up as I live out on in the great southwest and would not be returning to WDW any time soon, so I had to buy while I was there!

Going on a solo trip in January. I plan on making 1 R and 1 BB unit droid. Would it be beneficial to book on separate days or an hour or so apart on the same day?

Going on a solo trip in January. I plan on making 1 R and 1 BB unit droid. Would it be beneficial to book on separate days or an hour or so apart on the same day?
It depends on how you plan to carry them or send them to the front of the park or resort. You can always build them both at the same time but they are large

It depends on how you plan to carry them or send them to the front of the park or resort. You can always build them both at the same time but they are large

Good point about the size. I guess I will do both the same day but utilize the front of park/resort delivery service in for one or both. Thanks!

Good point about the size. I guess I will do both the same day but utilize the front of park/resort delivery service in for one or both. Thanks!
Since I would want to have time with each one interacting in the land I'd want to build them on different days, so I could carry each around for a day.

I built mine at GE DLR and they doesn't seem to have a clue of what to do.
It has been almost a month since I called about my problem, then they told me to send an email, I did.
They are still "looking into" and sent the information to their In Park Galaxy's Edge team for review

Two months later since I first contacted them and I'm still waiting for an answer. They even stopped answering emails.
Pretty bad Guest Services to solve a simple warranty problem of a $200 "toy".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!