Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

Gift cards work without a problem. In fact, two droids were purchased with a $100 gift card and a credit card, by me, last Wednesday. all in one bill.

I was at DHS last week on Oct 7 and 8 (Monday and Tuesday).

We missed the EMH on Mon so we wanted to try again Tue and had great success.

I had a Savi's appointment Mon night. I ended up being 6 minutes late (I don't recommend it, I was stressing out a lot). Luckily, they were able to put me into the next time slot. I'm not sure if this always happens or if I got lucky and someone showed up early and I took their spot. I hadn't watched any videos or read anything about it before hand. I thought it was a great experience. The music lined up so well with the speeches, and my droid kept chiming in at opportune moments and the builder guide even acknowledged him.

I went with the nature based saber and chose a green hilt. As a life long Star Wars fan, I very much enjoyed the experience and thought it was worth the high price tag. But that's a personal call for everyone. It is a very expensive souvenir.

Now I just need to buy some wall hooks to display it.

I also got a white kyber crystal at Dok Ondar's, they had plenty of supply.

We also got another Spira gift card, they were behind the counter at the Droid Depot.

I really wish they had more Star Wars inspired clothing. If they sold anything close to what the cast members get to wear, I would buy all of it. As it is, I only saw about one Rey inspired shirt.

I had a Savi's appointment Mon night. I ended up being 6 minutes late (I don't recommend it, I was stressing out a lot). Luckily, they were able to put me into the next time slot. I'm not sure if this always happens or if I got lucky and someone showed up early and I took their spot. I hadn't watched any videos or read anything about it before hand. I thought it was a great experience. The music lined up so well with the speeches, and my droid kept chiming in at opportune moments and the builder guide even acknowledged him.
Dh and I both built droids during our Aug/Sept trip.....and I know people say they don't interact with each other outside of the land but I really beg to differ. Every time we have had them turned on and moving, then turned off the controller (but not the droids themselves) they talk back and forth to each other. One will beep and boop then 20-30 sec later the second one will reply.....then a few minutes later it starts all over again. I had this going on for more than 2 hours before I finally turned them both off to save battery power. I don't know why this tickles me so......
I went with the nature based saber and chose a green hilt. As a life long Star Wars fan, I very much enjoyed the experience and thought it was worth the high price tag. But that's a personal call for everyone. It is a very expensive souvenir.
It was an experience I dare say I won't ever forget!
Now I just need to buy some wall hooks to display it.
We are still trying to figure out how to display ours. Dh did Savis and I purchased the Anakin/Luke/Rey legacy saber. It's a challenge to figure out how to do them justice, especially given the fact that my legacy saber came with that cool case for the hilt.....
We also got another Spira gift card, they were behind the counter at the Droid Depot.
I have given up hope that they will still be available when we return on Dec 9th. A girl can hope, though!
I really wish they had more Star Wars inspired clothing. If they sold anything close to what the cast members get to wear, I would buy all of it. As it is, I only saw about one Rey inspired shirt.
I'm guessing part of the problem is where the line is drawn regarding them as "clothing" or "costumes". I think Rey's vest thing is pretty awesome, though and I wouldn't hesitate to wear it anywhere in public.

Hi just wondering what the Spira gift card stock was like when you purchased it? We are planning to head there next Tuesday and hoping to pick up a couple up for us and a friend who wont make it to GE until early Jan. Is it limited to per guest/family?

Hi just wondering what the Spira gift card stock was like when you purchased it? We are planning to head there next Tuesday and hoping to pick up a couple up for us and a friend who wont make it to GE until early Jan. Is it limited to per guest/family?

I have never heard of a numeric limitation on the cards. I am not sure how many remained, I hope enough that you will be able to get some.

Just keep in mind you do need to put at least $100 on each gift card you purchase.

Dh and I both built droids during our Aug/Sept trip.....and I know people say they don't interact with each other outside of the land but I really beg to differ. Every time we have had them turned on and moving, then turned off the controller (but not the droids themselves) they talk back and forth to each other. One will beep and boop then 20-30 sec later the second one will reply.....then a few minutes later it starts all over again. I had this going on for more than 2 hours before I finally turned them both off to save battery power. I don't know why this tickles me so......

It was an experience I dare say I won't ever forget!

We are still trying to figure out how to display ours. Dh did Savis and I purchased the Anakin/Luke/Rey legacy saber. It's a challenge to figure out how to do them justice, especially given the fact that my legacy saber came with that cool case for the hilt.....

I have given up hope that they will still be available when we return on Dec 9th. A girl can hope, though!

I'm guessing part of the problem is where the line is drawn regarding them as "clothing" or "costumes". I think Rey's vest thing is pretty awesome, though and I wouldn't hesitate to wear it anywhere in public.

I think I am going to 3d print a display stand for mine. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3880546 This is the one I have chosen.

They could still have the gift cards, don't give up hope yet!

I loved all the cast members outfits. When it was raining they were all wearing Leia Endor ponchos and I was so jealous.

I have never heard of a numeric limitation on the cards. I am not sure how many remained, I hope enough that you will be able to get some.

Just keep in mind you do need to put at least $100 on each gift card you purchase.
Thank you for such a quick response!! Good to know there's no limitation on the cards.

These gift cards can be used in other parks as well? If so then we should be okay as most of our meals will be paid out of pocket so we can put the money towards our meals into these gift cards and use them during our trip.

Thank you for such a quick response!! Good to know there's no limitation on the cards.

These gift cards can be used in other parks as well? If so then we should be okay as most of our meals will be paid out of pocket so we can put the money towards our meals into these gift cards and use them during our trip.

Yes, we used it all over the other parks including MK and AK. You can take it up to most merchandise counters and put more money on it.

The gift cards are under the counter so no way to know how many there are left. They aren't on display

They had the spira gift cards in stock yesterday. They're at droid depot gift shop, behind the counter. When I bought ours, I was told 1 per person. Since I was with DS9 they let me buy 2, so I think some cms may be lenient.
I used them all over the parks, at QS, gift shops and popcorn stands.

This is just my personal experience, but when I was there less than a week ago, I was able to buy two Spira gift cards ($100 on each) at Droid Depot. No mention by the CM of limiting to one card per guest. In fact, we were joking about how I should just buy a ton of them and pay for my entire trip via Spira gift cards... She confirmed they had a lot of them on hand.

So i only found out today that Savi took reservations over 60 days out, and unfortunately for me it seems that it is all booked up my week.... Do they take walk ups day of or did a lack of knowing about the Advance Res gonna kill me

Are the price of the light sabers worth it?

I think they are totally worth it - The light saber hilts are all metal pieces, so heavy and feel good in the hand. Then of course you have the ability to change to crystals of different colors, the effects noise is good, and the effect of turning on and off shows the lights advancing up and down the blade as per the movies - they also make three different lengths of blades so you can choose a proper length for you.

Those are all factors as if you were just buying a light saber. But a huge part of the this is the really great show that you take part in while building the saber, which is an excellent and fun experience all by itself. If you like Star Wars the building experience is awesome.

The only thing the Savi sabers are not great for is heavy dueling - if you just smack them together now and then with other peoples sabers they are fine, they have a pretty sturdy blade and hilt interface design for that - but serious forceful clashes should probably use an UltraSaber or the like.

I liked the whole experience so much I bought one at DisneyLand and one at DisneyWorld (identical experiences, I just wanted two separate builds).

When is your week? The EEMH are till November. I had a 12:30 on my day and entered Batu at 8am and they said I could do a build now and they canceled my 12:30.

So i only found out today that Savi took reservations over 60 days out, and unfortunately for me it seems that it is all booked up my week.... Do they take walk ups day of or did a lack of knowing about the Advance Res gonna kill me
there are no reservations needed during EMH, also you can walk up and check, some people just cancel and spots open up. Another option is to check the day before, since the experience has a 1 day cancellation policy people tend to wait until the day before to do so

Word of caution for those building a power and control lightsaber. I built one and during the build process both hand grips and the activator plate had to be replaced 3 times because they would not tighten into one another. Finally a castmember was able to tighten it but as soon as I brought it back to my hotel room and touched the hilt it loosened immediately. I was constantly trying to screw it in but it kept happening. Brought the saber to the castmembers out front of the galaxys edge entrance and apparently this has been a common occurrence with the power and control sabers. They said the threading for this saber is very thin and not to over twist. This is a pain especially switching kyber crystal's or removing the blade. If anyone does get it I suggest immediately checking it afterwards just in case. I was nervous at first since previews were no longer happening and I would not be at disney for opening day. Castmembers were very helpful though and replaced all my parts and gave me a new blade as they also saw I had some dead LEDs in my blade.

This is also an issue with the Protection and Defense lightsabers. The metal pieces would not stay together, and they came apart while sparring. Unfortunately, that allowed the force of fairly light blows to be focused on the small gap created when the metal parts separated, which sheared the plastic core and broke the hilt. As luck would have it, I have the entire thing on video, and the other Savi’s lightsaber involved (which did not have the metal separating problem) was completely fine.

I contacted Disney immediately, and had details, receipts, and photos sent to them by 10/4/19 (Savi’s opened 8/29/19 in Orlando, so there couldn’t have been THAT many people ahead of us in the customer service queue unless they’re having a really high percentage of broken merchandise), and have followed up with 2 calls (1 call per week) to check status. Disney’s legendary customer service has unfortunately slowed to a crawl in this case. They still can’t tell me when someone will get back to me or where I am in queue - just that someone will eventually call me and that if I haven’t heard from them by a month after they received my email, to follow up with a phone call (which goes to the same main customer service center, not the Galaxy’s Edge customer service department, which doesn’t have a call-in option).

This is especially frustrating because we are returning with our kids in November and would like to have them do the Savi’s experience (we have reservations already), but hesitate if the lightsabers can’t survive very modest sparring (just hard enough to trigger the flash on contact and clash sound). The experience is incredibly cool and moving - we loved it - but too pricey without a working lightsaber to take home.

So, I concur with your warning, and recommend making sure your lightsaber hilt will remain secure once you leave the park if you participate in this experience. The cast members in Savi’s are wonderful, and will work with you. Hopefully, I will hear back from Disney soon with a solution to my broken lightsaber.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!