Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

What is the availability of kyber crystals at Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities in Hollywood Studios right now (excluding black)? I read something that said the yellow and white crystals tended to sell out, but I couldn’t tell how old that information was, so I don’t know if that was just a problem when Galaxy’s Edge opened or if it’s still a problem today.

What is the availability of kyber crystals at Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities in Hollywood Studios right now (excluding black)? I read something that said the yellow and white crystals tended to sell out, but I couldn’t tell how old that information was, so I don’t know if that was just a problem when Galaxy’s Edge opened or if it’s still a problem today.
The "black" kyber crystal is sold as a "red" kyber crystal. Only after opening the canister can you tell if it is indeed black.

I didn't see a reply to my lightsaber inventory question so I'll be checking for myself today. I'll try and remember to check the Kyber crystals.

It seems to vary. There were a fair amount of yellow/white when I went about a week ago. But they do seem to have a smaller stock (they're right where the blue crystals/green crystals are). However, one thing I noticed when there as there was this large crowd around the blue/green/yellow/white area is there is usually a cast member by the crystals with a bag. She actually produced a yellow and white crystal for someone asking (in part because of the crowd keeping this guest from getting close to the crystals). So I might suggest asking the cast member positioned by the crystals to see if they might have any too.

And yes, as mentioned above, the black Kyber crystal is found in the red crystal holders and I was told it's like a 6% chance of getting one. As well, because people had found out a trick to discover if it had a black kyber (using a flashlight) they changed the packaging by putting a sleeve inside the holders so that you wouldn't see anything if you tried the flashlight trick.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips. I’m going in February with my nephew, but I’ll at HS once before then, so I’ll see if they have the yellow and white when I go earlier.

Since the two most popular merchandise offerings are on the higher end of the price spectrum - I just want to share the one we're having a lot of fun with: our Sabacc deck, purchased for a cool 16.99 credits. If you have elementary school-aged kids who are learning about positive and negative integers, this is one way to make that fun. There are a good number of different combinations that can result in a winning hand and some strategy required along with a bit of luck that can shake things up. Don't get me wrong, my kid also loves his $100 droid, but it's nice when there is a low-fi, inexpensive win in the souvenir pile!

Since the two most popular merchandise offerings are on the higher end of the price spectrum - I just want to share the one we're having a lot of fun with: our Sabacc deck, purchased for a cool 16.99 credits. If you have elementary school-aged kids who are learning about positive and negative integers, this is one way to make that fun. There are a good number of different combinations that can result in a winning hand and some strategy required along with a bit of luck that can shake things up. Don't get me wrong, my kid also loves his $100 droid, but it's nice when there is a low-fi, inexpensive win in the souvenir pile!
Glad you found something fun that wasn't too pricey! Sabacc is good, I hear it's similar to Pazaak from KOTOR. Enjoy!

I wanted to pick up Sabacc last time I was there, but I have to read the rules first. I have a 9 month old, so I really liked the memory set they had. I may have to pick that up and hold onto it for her to play later. Also, pretty much every creature they sell in the market is awesome. I want that puffer pig...

I didn't see a reply to my lightsaber inventory question so I'll be checking for myself today. I'll try and remember to check the Kyber crystals.
Would like to find out what they said about the lightsaber as well, or if they had restocked the new sabers. How'd it go?

Would like to find out what they said about the lightsaber as well, or if they had restocked the new sabers. How'd it go?

As of today the only color not available to purchase in a capsule was red. I asked a cast member about it and they said that we could still purchase a red Kyber crystal from the counter. It just wouldn't come in a capsule. So no idea what this means for future inventory of red crystals in capsules.

As for the Legacy sabers, they had everything except Ben Solo and Rey (TFA/TLJ). So I walked out with 2/3 sabers I was looking for. I'll be heading back there in about 2 weeks and provide another saber update.

Are you talking about the standard kyber crystals that are $13 (or $15 now?). I thought white and yellow were the ones that they were having trouble keeping in stock. Is it red now? Or is this just what happened to be the case today? It’s weird that they ran out of capsules but not the crystals themselves. I guess no one is choosing the dark side at Savi’s?

Are you talking about the standard kyber crystals that are $13 (or $15 now?). I thought white and yellow were the ones that they were having trouble keeping in stock. Is it red now? Or is this just what happened to be the case today? It’s weird that they ran out of capsules but not the crystals themselves. I guess no one is choosing the dark side at Savi’s?

I took a picture of the current stock and attempted to post it here, but this site seems to think I was posting spam. I'm assuming that's a byproduct of my rookie status around here. Anyway, they had plenty of blue, green and purple. White and yellow a little less so, but were definitely there. Red in capsules were completely gone. I'm assuming this has something to do with the black crystal exploit Revan46 mentioned.

Thanks for the clarification. I don’t think the red/black kyber crystal flashlight trick has worked for months, so it doesn’t seem likely that would be the cause of the shortage today. Someone else might be able to shed more light on it than I can.

I took a picture of the current stock and attempted to post it here, but this site seems to think I was posting spam. I'm assuming that's a byproduct of my rookie status around here. Anyway, they had plenty of blue, green and purple. White and yellow a little less so, but were definitely there. Red in capsules were completely gone. I'm assuming this has something to do with the black crystal exploit Revan46 mentioned.
What is the capsule?

Sayhello

Thanks for the clarification. I don’t think the red/black kyber crystal flashlight trick has worked for months, so it doesn’t seem likely that would be the cause of the shortage today. Someone else might be able to shed more light on it than I can.
Yeah, far as I understand black crystal flashlight trick I previously mentioned hasn't been in effect for months cause they put in sleeves to prevent people from doing said trick. So I wonder if now people are instead buying multiples to try and get it? (though that wouldn't make sense as I think even then you're limited to how many of each colour you can buy, i think it's two per colour max). So it's odd that red is out of stock in the capsules. Hmmm

What is the capsule?

Sayhello

It's just the packaging the crystals come in. It's a little cylinder with plastic labeling with the corresponding color.

Yeah, far as I understand black crystal flashlight trick I previously mentioned hasn't been in effect for months cause they put in sleeves to prevent people from doing said trick. So I wonder if now people are instead buying multiples to try and get it? (though that wouldn't make sense as I think even then you're limited to how many of each colour you can buy, i think it's two per colour max). So it's odd that red is out of stock in the capsules. Hmmm

You're right, there is a limit. The sign says "Limit of two (2) per item per person." That coupled with the fact the flashlight trick was addressed a while back certainly makes this a little puzzling.

As for the Legacy sabers, they had everything except Ben Solo and Rey (TFA/TLJ). So I walked out with 2/3 sabers I was looking for. I'll be heading back there in about 2 weeks and provide another saber update.
Thank you for the update! I've read differing reports on whether they are going to restock the new legacy sabers or not. Hopefully they do, and good luck on your next foray.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!