Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Upcharge or Add On Events Thread

I was able to book a private tour for November 2nd from 11 am to 6 pm. This will coincide with Wine and Dine Half Marathon weekend. The total was $550 an hour, or $3,850 total. They confirmed on phone it would include Galaxy's Edge.

Now, to find 9 people to join me at $385 a head.

We arrive on 11/5, there are 3 of us. If we could find 7 more people on any day besides the 5th,6th 9th, 12th and 14th we would do it. We have the parties on two of those days and other commitments the other couple days. That leaves us 7 other days lol

We're going to be at WDW Dec. 20th-Jan. 3rd.

I'm really hoping for some DAH events, but they have never had them over Christmas before so seems unlikely. We would consider going in on a tour if anyone needs a couple spots filled over those dates. It's just me and DW.

so heading down in early DEC with a party of 10 and you know the big elephant in the room Star wars land....i am thinking when you add up everything with a party of 10 adults i wanted to look into a VIP tour to try and have the easiest time my question is do you put a deposit down and then firm up plans closer to the date or do you have to prepay when you call and then firm up plans on IE hours and what not?

Just an FYI regarding Galaxy's Edge. I tried to book a VIP Tour for November. The CM said they aren't sure how they are going to handle GE. As of right now, GE is not guaranteed on a VIP Tour. He said they are waiting to see how it goes in California before deciding what to do. Part of the dilemma is that there is no FP+ for the attractions in GE. VIP tour guides usually bring guests through the FP+ line.

I was able to book a private tour for November 2nd from 11 am to 6 pm. This will coincide with Wine and Dine Half Marathon weekend. The total was $550 an hour, or $3,850 total. They confirmed on phone it would include Galaxy's Edge.

Now, to find 9 people to join me at $385 a head.

does dinsey make you prepay in full for the whole tour?

No, but they take your credit card number I suppose as a "hold" and 48 hours prior they charge the full amount.

Correct!

I got a call back from VIP tours yesterday saying that I was mistold initially. They don’t know whether they can or cannot access SWGE during VIP tours and are awaiting word from their partners at Hollywood Studios. They have a “SWGE interest list” they are putting people on and will call is with more information as they have it.

So does the lack of DHS AHs in the latest drop indicate that there probably won't be anything for DHS after August for a while?

So does the lack of DHS AHs in the latest drop indicate that there probably won't be anything for DHS after August for a while?

They seem to be indicating they want to see how things go at DL and before they finalise their plans for DHS.

Person I spoke to on phone said they can't confirm it'll include GE yet. @rteetz have you heard anything one way or the other?
I have a VIP tour booked for opening day in WDW. I just called to see if they had any updates and they said that they are hoping to have more information after Disneyland opens. I asked about booking a tour for later in the year (we also have a December trip planned) and asked if GE would be included then and they said they don't know yet. Just for what it's worth

Following this thread!! We were planning a 20-year Wedding Anniversary trip for Sept and then Disney announced opening for SWGE at end of August! Ugh! At first, I stressed about the crowds but with Rise of the Resistance not officially open until later/end of year, I don’t think we have that much to worry about. We are still going, duh, but if Disney offered special ticketed events for SWGE, we would be totally down for that!

I’m really interested to see how VIP tours will be handled. Typically, the tours provide access to the regular fastpass line and can coordinate reserved viewing for parades or nighttime shows. We know initially there will not be any FP for Smuggler’s Run but assuming the tour guide can use that “lane” there’s an obvious benefit there. But if they can’t reserve or somehow expedite access to Oga’s or the lightsaber or droid experiences, I’m wondering if doing a tour even makes sense. Just thinking out loud... will be anxious to hear how they decide to handle.

We're going to be at WDW Dec. 20th-Jan. 3rd.

I'm really hoping for some DAH events, but they have never had them over Christmas before so seems unlikely. We would consider going in on a tour if anyone needs a couple spots filled over those dates. It's just me and DW.
@saskdw We are going a day behind you (Dec. 21 - Jan 4). 3 adults - would be interested in splitting

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!