Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend 2021 (April 15-18, 2021) - Now Virtual Only

Perfects... I emailed rD asking if they'll offer links to those of us who have run every year and would have been "perfect" with 2020... answer was NO. A very polite "no,", but no, nonetheless. TAs are sold out of challenge bibs, I'm told, so I'm preparing to be shut out and let down if I can't get in during early or regular registration. :(

Perfects... I emailed rD asking if they'll offer links to those of us who have run every year and would have been "perfect" with 2020... answer was NO. A very polite "no,", but no, nonetheless. TAs are sold out of challenge bibs, I'm told, so I'm preparing to be shut out and let down if I can't get in during early or regular registration. :(

Will you be considered perfect at 2021 then? Its one of the reasons why my husband has ran every year.

Since this year’s race was canceled, I wasn’t sure that it would count as #5, “perfect”. I put my name on a list early with a TA, because I was a little worried how registration would go this year. Thankfully, they were able to secure a challenge bib for me. Hopefully registration will go well for you!!

Or I should say, May the force be with you!

Since this year’s race was canceled, I wasn’t sure that it would count as #5, “perfect”. I put my name on a list early with a TA, because I was a little worried how registration would go this year. Thankfully, they were able to secure a challenge bib for me. Hopefully registration will go well for you!!

Or I should say, May the force be with you!
Thank you! I looked into the TA route, but I don't want a package, and I can't afford to get stuck with WDW rack rate if no discounts are offered, so it's not an option. I'll just have to get multiple devices ready and hope for the best :)

Thank you! I looked into the TA route, but I don't want a package, and I can't afford to get stuck with WDW rack rate if no discounts are offered, so it's not an option. I'll just have to get multiple devices ready and hope for the best :)
Understandable. I generally like to make my own reservations. I’m pretty good at watching for discounts and new rates to come out, so it’s pretty weird to rely on a TA for this for me.

Thanks for the info. I'm perfect for the Half and my husband is perfect for the challenge. Hopefully we can get in for 2021. I've got the race sign up date on my calendar!

I'm surprised that the 2021 race particulars haven't been updated to the runDisney event page yet.

I'm not at all sure registration is going forward as planned, TBH. I fully expect another delay.

Yeah. with MCM cancelling I think W&D is done. Then as close calendar wise Marathon, princes, and star wars are (only 1-2 months between each) I think it's possible they just put rundisney on hiatus as a whole for now (or virtual only). I do have concerns that the W&D announcement is going to cover more then just W&D.

I'm not at all sure registration is going forward as planned, TBH. I fully expect another delay.

Are you thinking a delay in the registration date or delaying the race weekend overall?

Every time we've gone to WDW as "adults" (i.e. after my kids were born) we've run a race (marathon weekend 2013, Princess 2015, SW 2018, and then this past cancelled SW). I'm trying to wrap my head around the idea that might be running our next trip (4/15 - 4/23/21), either because it might be cancelled or because we can't register in time. As my sister, who has run all of these races with me, once muttered to me as we were running side-by-side "can we go on a vacation where we DON'T have to run a race?"

Are you thinking a delay in the registration date or delaying the race weekend overall?

I don't think delaying the race weekend is an option. Even the weekend of star wars it is getting warm in florida and it only gets worse from there. I don't think from a safety standpoint they could run it much later then the current date.

I was referring to registration. They may reschedule the races, too, but they can't just delay by a couple months: it's too hot to hold them any later.

My apologies for not being as clear as I could in my original question. By discussing a “delay” I didn’t mean to delay them a few months but to “delay” them until next year, ie people who have already registered getting deferments until the next year.

Frankly I’d be fine with a delayed registration date since that might be an indication of runD’s willingness to stage a race weekend. And the original registration date (8/11 for us) is not an ideal date for me personally.

My apologies for not being as clear as I could in my original question. By discussing a “delay” I didn’t mean to delay them a few months but to “delay” them until next year, ie people who have already registered getting deferments until the next year.

Frankly I’d be fine with a delayed registration date since that might be an indication of runD’s willingness to stage a race weekend. And the original registration date (8/11 for us) is not an ideal date for me personally.

RunDisney has not been offering deferrals as part of any of its cancellations this year, only refunds or now the option to run virtually. I would not expect them to start offering deferrals at this point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter