Star Wars Hotel???

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by k5thbeatle, Dec 20, 2017.

1. saskdw

saskdw DIS Veteran

Who is telling us that?

Information was that the Hotel would open 3 months after the park is what I remember seeing.

2. saskdw

saskdw DIS Veteran

Yes, that was the original rumor.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

There was no completion date ever said. At D23 it was announced with other aspects of WDW that would be opened in time for the WDW 50th. So it was assumed that the hotel would be open in time for that as well. We have no definite opening for said hotel.

5. Lothlórien

Lothlórien Many, many trips since 2001

That is indeed the idea, but at this time, we are being told 2021 for “guaranteed completion”. That is basically the blanket completion time for all new/upcoming additions...completion by the 50th.

Anybody who pretends to be “in-the-know” beyond that is either repeating what other CMs are guessing about or repeating rumor.

6. rteetz

That is not correct.

7. DanBoris

DanBoris DIS Veteran

We have more accurate dates on most of the project. There hare a handful of people on Disney message boards who have a proven track record for providing inside information.

BlackMagicWoman likes this.
  8. Euby

Euby DIS Veteran

Based on the descriptions that I read from the D23 announcement, I have always wondered just how they were going to pull off the immersive interaction. Guests in costumes just seems too difficult to pull off. Do they have to bring their own? Are they supplied by Disney? What if you are of the "Pooh-sized" variety (like myself)? Then I saw all of the rave reviews of The Void at Disney Springs. Now that has me wondering if they are going to utilize VR in the Star Wars Hotel. Imagine this... you go to the bar and its like the Cantina scene from New Hope. How cool would that be?!

9. STLstone

STLstone DIS Veteran

Having the costume supplied as part of the package would be a way Disney can let people dress-up, while also keeping a handle on just how much, and what type of dress-up is going on.

I imagine they'll be able to accommodate nearly all shapes and sizes - like they try to do in most situations.

saskdw likes this.
  10. Tacomann

Tacomann Earning My Ears

Man as much as I love Star Wars and love the idea of this hotel that pricing is out of this world. I guess if they can get it then do it but I will not be staying there anytime soon. Maybe just stop by the hang out in the lobby :p

Ohminnie likes this.
  11. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

I am sure they could have costumes for all shapes and sizes. Plus, the idea is you would like a regular person in this "world" - not that you would play Luke Skywalker or anything - so just need clothes that somewhat fit the setting

12. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

Pretty sure it will be that if you aren't staying there you won't be allowed in

Tacomann and Lee Matthews like this.
  13. Disneytam

Disneytam disneytam

I am totally out of my league when it comes to Star Wars but I have a friend asking me if I have heard anything about a location for the 20`9 Star wars Celebration? So I am throwing the Question out to you guys, anyone?

14. KittyKitty

KittyKitty DIS Veteran

Great photo PortMickey. Totally amazed how much of Studios is under construction. Also is that the Welcome sign to Disney World on the freeway?

15. Euby

Euby DIS Veteran

Considering that most of the souvenir clothing that Disney sells will not fit me, I'm doubtful of any costumes being big enough. However, they haven't even started building it yet, so I will wait and see. I doubt I could afford to stay there anyway. Now where is that Powerball ticket? :genie:

TheMaxRebo likes this.
  16. Tacomann

Tacomann Earning My Ears

I am sure you are right but a boy can dream :jumping1:

TheMaxRebo likes this.
  17. MamaBelle4

MamaBelle4 DIS Veteran

I don't know, they might set up a mock up somewhere or something to give people on the fence an idea about it. That's a lot of money for most people. They may want a glimpse before they lay it out.

18. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

Maybe - or do it more virtually that you can watch videos of on Youtube or something

I am hopeful that over time, as the initial wave of people that want to (and want to/can spend the money on it) go through it they come up with other offers ... like just an afternoon or even just a meal inside there that is fully immersed but obviously not as much if you are staying the entire time

MamaBelle4 likes this.
  19. MattNeu

MattNeu Earning My Ears

When do you guys think we can start make reservations for the new star wars hotel. My family and I want to go to WDW during the 50th anniversary. I just want to know when I can i reserve our room

20. rteetz

The hotel hasn't started major construction yet and has no official completion date so it is going to be a long time yet.

MattNeu likes this.
  21. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

I love posts like this - we complain about Disney, how the service has gone down, how prices have gone up, etc.

yet a hotel that hasn't even really started construction and people already want to make reservations without knowing any details, pricing, etc.

(and I don't blame you - just another example of why Disney is such a unique entity/brand)

STLstone and rteetz like this.