Star Wars Hotel???

Who is telling us that?

Information was that the Hotel would open 3 months after the park is what I remember seeing.
There was no completion date ever said. At D23 it was announced with other aspects of WDW that would be opened in time for the WDW 50th. So it was assumed that the hotel would be open in time for that as well. We have no definite opening for said hotel.

It was post on WDWMagic that it may actually open with Star Wars Galaxy's Edge. Normally I would be skeptical of that, but it comes from a reliable source.

That is indeed the idea, but at this time, we are being told 2021 for “guaranteed completion”. That is basically the blanket completion time for all new/upcoming additions...completion by the 50th.

Anybody who pretends to be “in-the-know” beyond that is either repeating what other CMs are guessing about or repeating rumor.

That is indeed the idea, but at this time, we are being told 2021 for “guaranteed completion”. That is basically the blanket completion time for all new/upcoming additions...completion by the 50th.

Anybody who pretends to be “in-the-know” beyond that is either repeating what other CMs are guessing about or repeating rumor.

We have more accurate dates on most of the project. There hare a handful of people on Disney message boards who have a proven track record for providing inside information.

Based on the descriptions that I read from the D23 announcement, I have always wondered just how they were going to pull off the immersive interaction. Guests in costumes just seems too difficult to pull off. Do they have to bring their own? Are they supplied by Disney? What if you are of the "Pooh-sized" variety (like myself)? Then I saw all of the rave reviews of The Void at Disney Springs. Now that has me wondering if they are going to utilize VR in the Star Wars Hotel. Imagine this... you go to the bar and its like the Cantina scene from New Hope. How cool would that be?!

Based on the descriptions that I read from the D23 announcement, I have always wondered just how they were going to pull off the immersive interaction. Guests in costumes just seems too difficult to pull off. Do they have to bring their own? Are they supplied by Disney? What if you are of the "Pooh-sized" variety (like myself)? Then I saw all of the rave reviews of The Void at Disney Springs. Now that has me wondering if they are going to utilize VR in the Star Wars Hotel. Imagine this... you go to the bar and its like the Cantina scene from New Hope. How cool would that be?!
Having the costume supplied as part of the package would be a way Disney can let people dress-up, while also keeping a handle on just how much, and what type of dress-up is going on.

I imagine they'll be able to accommodate nearly all shapes and sizes - like they try to do in most situations.

Rumors are rates will be in the range of $800 to $1,000 per night with a two night minimum.

Man as much as I love Star Wars and love the idea of this hotel that pricing is out of this world. I guess if they can get it then do it but I will not be staying there anytime soon. Maybe just stop by the hang out in the lobby :p

I am sure they could have costumes for all shapes and sizes. Plus, the idea is you would like a regular person in this "world" - not that you would play Luke Skywalker or anything - so just need clothes that somewhat fit the setting

Man as much as I love Star Wars and love the idea of this hotel that pricing is out of this world. I guess if they can get it then do it but I will not be staying there anytime soon. Maybe just stop by the hang out in the lobby :p

Pretty sure it will be that if you aren't staying there you won't be allowed in

I am totally out of my league when it comes to Star Wars but I have a friend asking me if I have heard anything about a location for the 20`9 Star wars Celebration? So I am throwing the Question out to you guys, anyone?

I am sure they could have costumes for all shapes and sizes. Plus, the idea is you would like a regular person in this "world" - not that you would play Luke Skywalker or anything - so just need clothes that somewhat fit the setting

Considering that most of the souvenir clothing that Disney sells will not fit me, I'm doubtful of any costumes being big enough. However, they haven't even started building it yet, so I will wait and see. I doubt I could afford to stay there anyway. Now where is that Powerball ticket? :genie:

Pretty sure it will be that if you aren't staying there you won't be allowed in
I don't know, they might set up a mock up somewhere or something to give people on the fence an idea about it. That's a lot of money for most people. They may want a glimpse before they lay it out.

I don't know, they might set up a mock up somewhere or something to give people on the fence an idea about it. That's a lot of money for most people. They may want a glimpse before they lay it out.

Maybe - or do it more virtually that you can watch videos of on Youtube or something

I am hopeful that over time, as the initial wave of people that want to (and want to/can spend the money on it) go through it they come up with other offers ... like just an afternoon or even just a meal inside there that is fully immersed but obviously not as much if you are staying the entire time

When do you guys think we can start make reservations for the new star wars hotel. My family and I want to go to WDW during the 50th anniversary. I just want to know when I can i reserve our room

When do you guys think we can start make reservations for the new star wars hotel. My family and I want to go to WDW during the 50th anniversary. I just want to know when I can i reserve our room
The hotel hasn't started major construction yet and has no official completion date so it is going to be a long time yet.

I love posts like this - we complain about Disney, how the service has gone down, how prices have gone up, etc.

yet a hotel that hasn't even really started construction and people already want to make reservations without knowing any details, pricing, etc.

(and I don't blame you - just another example of why Disney is such a unique entity/brand)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!