Star Wars Land Opening Info/Rumors?

We are planning to go in 2020, so we know it will be open by then. But by all the talk today, I am seriously nervous if we can afford to go back. We like to stay deluxe, we don't travel around to other Orlando destinations. If they really go a few hundred more a night for the Yacht/Beach Club area like people are predicting, we may finally be priced out of Disney - the way we like to travel there.

I'm nervous. :(

Wondering if they'll have previews at D23 (like they did with Fantasmic! pre-opening). Eagerly anticipating this year's event announcement.

We are planning a December 2019 trip. We want to be there for all the Christmas decor but also because my boys are Big Star Wars fanatics. Now I am getting worried about our plans. What do you all suggest? Really don’t want to put it off to December of 2020...

(First time poster by the way. Glad I found this page! Been to Disney 8 or 9 times. Just took my husband and kids for the first time in 2016. He is not a rides or theme park guy but he fell IN LOVE with Disney).

We are planning a December 2019 trip. We want to be there for all the Christmas decor but also because my boys are Big Star Wars fanatics. Now I am getting worried about our plans. What do you all suggest? Really don’t want to put it off to December of 2020...

(First time poster by the way. Glad I found this page! Been to Disney 8 or 9 times. Just took my husband and kids for the first time in 2016. He is not a rides or theme park guy but he fell IN LOVE with Disney).
Star Wars should be open in December but of course you would likely be fighting big crowds.

If we go the week after Thanksgiving do you think we would be somewhat ok even with the opening of Star Wars prior to that?

We usually go every other year to the World. Next trip would be 2020. We're actually delaying until 2021 mainly because we want to give SW:GE a good year before we even get close to it.

We usually go every other year to the World. Next trip would be 2020. We're actually delaying until 2021 mainly because we want to give SW:GE a good year before we even get close to it.

You do realize that 2021 is the Magic Kingdoms 50th anniversary... so I’m not sure crowds will be any less...

You do realize that 2021 is the Magic Kingdoms 50th anniversary... so I’m not sure crowds will be any less...

Depends how they do the celebration as the actual 50th is October 1st. Also would depend on when Tron, etc open but early in 2021 might not be as bad - about 16 months into SWGE being open and not yet to the big festivities for the 50th

Depends how they do the celebration as the actual 50th is October 1st. Also would depend on when Tron, etc open but early in 2021 might not be as bad - about 16 months into SWGE being open and not yet to the big festivities for the 50th

Very true, until the timing is released we just don’t know. But I think it’s something to keep in the back of your mind while planning. At least is I am.

Very true, until the timing is released we just don’t know. But I think it’s something to keep in the back of your mind while planning. At least is I am.

Absolutely- lots to watch over the next few years that can bring crowds - and then the year after WDW’s 50th is EPCOT’s 40th with some other things to come for that ... not going to be a “slow” time for a while

Absolutely- lots to watch over the next few years that can bring crowds - and then the year after WDW’s 50th is EPCOT’s 40th with some other things to come for that ... not going to be a “slow” time for a while

Exactly! But all really exciting stuff!

The key - there will be a ton of great and new rides or experiences in all of the parks. The crowds may be high, but they will also be spread out. When Pandora opened, Epcot and DHS were barren.

Well I am back YAY!!!!.. trying to plan a trip for next year ( to me planning is the most fun) and would love to be at WDW when the Star Wars land is up and running. Looking at heading out June 2019.. what do my friends here think... is that a safe bet? Is there a thread I should be following? Any and all info is as always so much appreciated TIA!!!!!!!!

Well I am back YAY!!!!.. trying to plan a trip for next year ( to me planning is the most fun) and would love to be at WDW when the Star Wars land is up and running. Looking at heading out June 2019.. what do my friends here think... is that a safe bet? Is there a thread I should be following? Any and all info is as always so much appreciated TIA!!!!!!!!

My son is looking at the same thing, but I bet they will open later than that. I saw something saying late 2019

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter