Star Wars Registration - Which race first?

lmb80129

Mouseketeer
As a family of 5 signing up for a combination of the rebel challenge, 10K and 5K, which race should I start with to reduce the chances of someone missing out of what they want to run during regular registration? I was surprised when we signed up for the Avenger weekend that the 5K sold out before the half but I'm thinking that the Rebel Challenge will be the first to sell out, followed by the 10K and then the 5K. Does anyone know in what order and how fast the races sold out for Disneyland half/Dumbo double dare/10K/5K this year? I know it is guessing game but would appreciate other opinions.

honestly, i dont know. there's a lot of hype and demand for this race, outside of disney itself, from people that just want a star wars race.. and then there's the cost of it that a lot of people (especially non runDisney participants) are put off by.. and the last thing is that we were all giving about 2-3 weeks notice, with registration being in the beginning of the month and well, we all have a ton of bills to pay.

With that said, my opinion is that the Rebel Challenge will go first, then the 5k.. then the 10k and lastly the half. Following the week of WDW Marathon, it didn't stop people from doing all 3 events at Tinker Bell this year at all, so that's what I'm basing it off of.. Challenge & 5k.. the 10k is a a better distance and more happy distance for most people to do with little to no training.. and the half last since there would be only 1 medal instead of 3.

On "the Official Star Wars Half..." thread, post#128 includes a link that lists some tips for signing up. One of the tips suggests the same sign up order as SultanPprShkr suggested.

I think the 5K will go fast because of the "relaxed" time limit. meet and greets will be insane on that run.

Has anyone had a race sell out while they were still registering for other races? I'm wondering if I need to check out for the rebel challenge before continuing on to register for the 10K and 5K? The entire family is under my active.com account and I think I can get all the entries done in about 20 minutes but will I risk a sold out message for at the end of it all if a race sells out before I can check out?

Has anyone had a race sell out while they were still registering for other races? I'm wondering if I need to check out for the rebel challenge before continuing on to register for the 10K and 5K? The entire family is under my active.com account and I think I can get all the entries done in about 20 minutes but will I risk a sold out message for at the end of it all if a race sells out before I can check out?

Yes happened during the AP sign ups, people signing up for the rebel challenge and getting blocked out as it sold out before they could finish.

I would guess almost 100% sure that the 5k race would sell out first. Mainly because its not as time consuming as a 10k and certainly not a half...and its something most families can do together. Its a more reasonable distance for most people who want to do a race.

I'd have to say I'm pretty much 100% sure the challenge will sell first. They always do. Then it's a coin flip between the 5K and 10K. But then again, people have been wanting another half, so.

Best advice, get several people on several computers. I don't think it's worth the chance of trying to register everyone yourself. That would be a total bummer if you were only able to sign up for some!

Challenge only because they don't have a lot of spots. 5K after because it's great for beginner runners, cheaper, and great for people who aren't into running but love star wars!

If it were me...I would sign up for the challenge first...thinking about it...the Dopey sold out REALLY fast.
Then the 5k.

However if you have a friend/sibling that can sign people up at the same time that would help.

This last race registration was for the Marathon weekend in January and I thought I wasn't going to be here to sign up for it so I called my brother (who lives 500 miles away) and told him to sign me up.

If I had to sign up mulitples....I would use multiple people on this one race.

For anyone checking, the Challenge is sold out, and so is the 5k, as I predicted.

Both the Half and 10k are at 90% which could go any minute now. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter