Star Wars: Galactic Starship (resort experience) News

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really is huge, the biggest land they have ever done.

Also I thought late 2020 was a possibility for the hotel? I guess we will have to wait and see...

My dad told me he wants to retire there.

Maybe for late 2020. I just feel like everything takes longer than expected at Disney. Plus I feel like it’s gonna book up in a second once it opens.

I’m pretty sure this is my husbands dream 40th birthday. Hopefully it’s done by then, but unlikely. It would be late 2020.

Also those images make swge look huge. Maybe it’s persepctive, but looks at least 3x the size of tsl

It is a large land, but the angle does distort the size compared to the rest of the park.

I would definitely be one of those people who needs lots of info on the experience before I would book at the expected price. I hope it will be super awesome...but you just never know until we start getting feedback. But...I am excited about it nonetheless.

Exciting!

I've been debating on doing an adults-only trip with my wife to be able to fully enjoy SWGE (without worrying about kids not wanting to wait in long lines) .. debating on just doing it this fall (while we still have an AP) -- and risking the other attraction not being open yet or waiting until more details (and price) are available for this hotel and just doing that. I think it may be worth it for any sort of "exclusive" access to the land/rides.

Hard to decide without any real details about the hotel or the experience.
Like -- are they going to make you buy a DHS ticket to be able to experience SWGE .. or do they just close off SWGE to JUST hotel guests for a certain time and you aren't able to go to rest of DHS. (I vote for the latter as that would be the immersive experience they have been promoting, right?)

Exciting!

I've been debating on doing an adults-only trip with my wife to be able to fully enjoy SWGE (without worrying about kids not wanting to wait in long lines) .. debating on just doing it this fall (while we still have an AP) -- and risking the other attraction not being open yet or waiting until more details (and price) are available for this hotel and just doing that. I think it may be worth it for any sort of "exclusive" access to the land/rides.

Like -- are they going to make you buy a DHS ticket to be able to experience SWGE .. or do they just close off SWGE to JUST hotel guests for a certain time and you aren't able to go to rest of DHS. (I vote for the latter as that would be the immersive experience they have been promoting, right?)
Interesting, that last part, that would be kind of cool.

Honestly, I’m one of those people who is going to try to book a res ASAP. Depending on when it opens (time of year, family planning status) we may have to delay a little... But I’m so excited I just do not care how much it costs. Started a savings goal the moment I found out about the resort.

Exciting!

I think you're correct about the last part. I think they'll close off SWGE for hotel guests for a particular period of time and that will be their opportunity to shop and explore in Batuu/Black Spire Outpost. I'm actually in a similar situation though, where we're wanting to take an adults-only trip to experience Galaxy's Edge without the kids (mine are older than yours, I think), but struggling to decide WHEN to do it. Our AP's will expire in May, 2020, but I don't think the hotel will be open yet by then. Decisions, decisions.

I think you're correct about the last part. I think they'll close off SWGE for hotel guests for a particular period of time and that will be their opportunity to shop and explore in Batuu/Black Spire Outpost. I'm actually in a similar situation though, where we're wanting to take an adults-only trip to experience Galaxy's Edge without the kids (mine are older than yours, I think), but struggling to decide WHEN to do it. Our AP's will expire in May, 2020, but I don't think the hotel will be open yet by then. Decisions, decisions.
My kids will be 7 and 2 this fall. We have a trip planned (mainly to go before AP expires, but lucked out with SWGE opening early) but I pretty much just anticipate going to walk around the land and NOT waiting for Smuggler's Run (since one of us would have to wait with the 2-year old for ... HOURS?).

My kids will be 7 and 2 this fall. We have a trip planned (mainly to go before AP expires, but lucked out with SWGE opening early) but I pretty much just anticipate going to walk around the land and NOT waiting for Smuggler's Run (since one of us would have to wait with the 2-year old for ... HOURS?).

My youngest is 10 right now. Still though, I know they won't want to wait for hours to ride anything. We can take them when they're in high school and the whole fastpass situation is more settled.

I'm really looking forward to this level of immersive stay. Whatever the cost, I'm going to have to do it. Luckily my nephew's family really wants to do it as well, so it won't be a solo stay for me. I don't want to be one of the first to stay there or anything like that. Definitely want the kinks worked out...but I don't want to wait years to experience the hotel either. Hopefully, there will be other DIS'ers on the journey with me! :darth: :chewy:

Reactions: RRB
Exciting!

I think they will REQUIRE you to purchase park tickets in addition to your hotel stay. How else would they be able to "blue" milk you out of more "credits"?

I think they will REQUIRE you to purchase park tickets in addition to your hotel stay. How else would they be able to "blue" milk you out of more "credits"?

From what I've heard though, the cost of staying here will be SO high, AND it's not like they plan to let you go wherever you want in the park. It just seems like the whole thing will be a package deal. I guess we don't know for sure yet though.

Wouldn’t you go into Galaxy’s Edge during those 2 days so you would have sunlight during your time in that land. Right?
I would think so. The scenario I foresee is the "ship" lands at the outpost (just like a cruise ship docks at a port) and you get to disembark if you want to. Whether you shop and explore first and then have your encounter with the First Order on RotR is anyone's guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts