Star Wars: Galactic Starship (resort experience) News

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think it’ll be filled before it’s completely finished being built as soon as they open up reservations.
General rule, a concert, flight, hotel etc. Which sells out quickly is an event which was underpriced. I doubt Disney will make that mistake. Can't you see a 2 or 3 night stay at the star wars hotel costing as much as a 7 to 14 night regular stay?

It's easy to say you'll stay at any price. Offering a credit card and accepting significant pre payment and cancellation terms is something else.
Edited to add some pricing speculation.

GF, main building club level rooms $1000 to 1,600 per night. Deluxe dining plan is about 120/ night per guest. Would anyone doubt a minimum of 2,000 per night? More if significant swge preferred access is included. I suspect meals will be marketed as signature dining experiences.

Would you pay $5,000 for a 2 night package? $10,000 for a 3 night package? More?

Would it help if Disney included an exclusive rapid fill mug, valued at $50?

Last edited:

General rule, a concert, flight, hotel etc. Which sells out quickly is an event which was underpriced. I doubt Disney will make that mistake. Can't you see a 2 or 3 night stay at the star wars hotel costing as much as a 7 to 14 night regular stay?

It's easy to say you'll stay at any price. Offering a credit card and accepting significant pre payment and cancellation terms is something else.
Edited to add some pricing speculation.

GF, main building club level rooms $1000 to 1,600 per night. Deluxe dining plan is about 120/ night per guest. Would anyone doubt a minimum of 2,000 per night? More if significant swge preferred access is included. I suspect meals will be marketed as signature dining experiences.

Would you pay $5,000 for a 2 night package? $10,000 for a 3 night package? More?

Would it help if Disney included an exclusive rapid fill mug, valued at $50?
I’m not sure if you meant to quote me. I didn’t say I’d pay any price. I actually have no interest in it. I only said I bet it sells out quickly.

I’m not sure if you meant to quote me. I didn’t say I’d pay any price. I actually have no interest in it. I only said I bet it sells out quickly.
It won't sell out quickly IF Disney prices it $$$ properly. A very quick sell out means it was underpriced.

I also think Disney will want to find the sweet spot of what people are willing to pay IN ADDITION TO a split stay and remaining on property before or after a stay at this hotel. No doubt it will be very expensive, luxury pricing, but I don't think they'll make it so much that people won't want to do an extended stay at the parks. They will make the most money off of people by getting them to do 3 nights here at an overpriced yet still manageable price with another several days or more at another hotel on property.

I also think Disney will want to find the sweet spot of what people are willing to pay IN ADDITION TO a split stay and remaining on property before or after a stay at this hotel. No doubt it will be very expensive, luxury pricing, but I don't think they'll make it so much that people won't want to do an extended stay at the parks. They will make the most money off of people by getting them to do 3 nights here at an overpriced yet still manageable price with another several days or more at another hotel on property.
Or Disney may offer a one week package, similar to how DCL was originally marketed. 3 or 4 nights at Star Wars Hotel and 3 or 4 nights club level at a Deluxe Hotel. Maximize $$$ from guest who want to be among the first.⁹

I don't think forcing people into club level deluxe for the second half of their stay would fly. Star Wars fans throw a lot of money around, but it would be insulting to expect them to only pay for the most expensive possible resort class when there are so many alternatives.

Yea, I'm not sure I see Disney pricing the SW resort at anything above Moderate pricing. I understand this resort's functions and theming are likely to be on par with the amenities and luxury of the Deluxe resorts but I just don't see the die-hard fanbase folks being OK with paying Deluxe prices. Seems to me Disney would be weeding out the very people they're targeting here. And, sure, I understand non-diehards alike would be interested but again, the SW fans are the focus.

This is all just conjecture so I could be completely wrong. But my gut tells me Moderate resort pricing is more in-line with what we will see (whatever those Moderate prices may be at the time).

Yea, I'm not sure I see Disney pricing the SW resort at anything above Moderate pricing. I understand this resort's functions and theming are likely to be on par with the amenities and luxury of the Deluxe resorts but I just don't see the die-hard fanbase folks being OK with paying Deluxe prices. Seems to me Disney would be weeding out the very people they're targeting here. I could be completely wrong here, though. But my gut tells me Moderate resort pricing is more in-line with what we will see (whatever those Moderate prices may be at the time).

No way. It will be GF Club Level pricing or higher as you are paying for the experience and the room. Disney keeps jacking up prices and adding upcharge events and no one's been weeded out yet!

No way. It will be GF Club Level pricing or higher as you are paying for the experience and the room. Disney keeps jacking up prices and adding upcharge events and no one's been weeded out yet!
I agree. All resorts within walking distance to a theme park are considered deluxe.

It’s just another guess, but I think a new resort with direct access to the most highly anticipated expansion at WDW would be more expensive than Port Orleans. Royal Guest Rooms are cute, but the theming will be nothing compared to the experience Disney is describing for Star Wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!