Star Wars: Galactic Starship (resort experience) News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there suites, or just traditional rooms?
(May have missed this) but I assume there's no shuttle to other parks unless you take the HS shuttle?
Wishful thinking, but I hope that they theme the buses. Looking at a bunch of earthly cars on the way won't feel too special. They could add fake windows, or just none at all, and maybe isolate the driver window so that way they can't look out of there?

(May have missed this) but I assume there's no shuttle to other parks unless you take the HS shuttle?
Wishful thinking, but I hope that they theme the buses. Looking at a bunch of earthly cars on the way won't feel too special. They could add fake windows, or just none at all, and maybe isolate the driver window so that way they can't look out of there?
Not sure about buses, but I wouldn't think that anyone staying at the resort would be going to other parks until they move to another resort on a split stay. The Star Wars Resort will be full emersion for a two to three day "space" cruise. The only place outside the resort you are likely to go to is SWGE.

Not sure about buses, but I wouldn't think that anyone staying at the resort would be going to other parks until they move to another resort on a split stay. The Star Wars Resort will be full emersion for a two to three day "space" cruise. The only place outside the resort you are likely to go to is SWGE.
Yeah, that's what I figured.
I certainely wouldn't but if someone wanted to, I wonder what'd be like.
I cant wait til it opens to see.

I definitely have no interest in even considering a stay at the new resort until I've read tons of reviews on the experience. I guess I'm doubting how immersive it will actually be. Hopefully, it will be so cool I'll want to save up to go but for some reason I think it's going to be hokey (is that a word).

From the plans it appears there are two different sized rooms, neither of which is huge. The shuttle that goes between the hotel and the park will have no windows so it will feel like you are in a space vehicle not a bus. You probably won't be able to see the outside of the bus.

As for buses to other resorts, it's yet to be seen how "restrictive" they make the resort.

From the plans it appears there are two different sized rooms, neither of which is huge. The shuttle that goes between the hotel and the park will have no windows so it will feel like you are in a space vehicle not a bus. You probably won't be able to see the outside of the bus.

As for buses to other resorts, it's yet to be seen how "restrictive" they make the resort.
Nice!
Thanks so much.

Why are they building the hotel small, if there will be such a demand for it???

And really, calling it a resort is a bit of a misnomer. From what has been said, it's a lot more like an attraction that requires overnight stays for whatever period of time they determine the storyline will run.

And really, calling it a resort is a bit of a misnomer. From what has been said, it's a lot more like an attraction that requires overnight stays for whatever period of time they determine the storyline will run.
I agree...and all the more reason it won't be DVC. Being a cruise-on-land, immersive experience, that would make zero sense.

I agree...and all the more reason it won't be DVC. Being a cruise-on-land, immersive experience, that would make zero sense.

Oh definitely not - though DVC members might be able to trade their points for a stay there in the same way they can do it for Disney cruises right now...but it's a terrible use of points lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter