Star Wars: Galactic Starship (resort experience) News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reading several other Disney and Star Wars fan blogs and some are guesstimating that the cost of a stay at this resort will be much high than $1,000 a night. Some folks are saying that a stay at "Star Wars" will be more in the range of $3,500 to $4,000 for a two night stay. If that information turns out to be accurate, Disney may not be getting my money after all!

I think $800-$1,000 per person for a two night stay is realistic. So yeah, a family of four probably is in that 3,500 - 4,000 range. Now, that includes all your meals, etc. but still, very expensive

I think $800-$1,000 per person for a two night stay is realistic. So yeah, a family of four probably is in that 3,500 - 4,000 range. Now, that includes all your meals, etc. but still, very expensive
I think $800-1000 pp for two nights is on the lower end of what I would expect for the all-inclusion experience. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s double that.

My kids aren't seeing the inside of that place until they can afford to pay their own way. They'll have to be satisfied with the stories my wife and I bring back.

I forget the original rumor/survey? Was it a two night stay? I would say that price range per person is probably a likely price point per person. I guess I was thinking $800-1000 a night - but I wasn't thinking that they are more likely to charge per person, like a cruise.

I wonder if Cruise pricing is the way to think about how it's going to work, really it's pretty close to an on-land cruise, right? All entertainement and dining will be included. A quick price on a 4-night Disney cruise runs about $800-900 per person, so maybe even $800 per person for a two night stay may be on the high side. Thinking that way, I think $800 a person ($3600 for a family of 4) might turn off a lot of people. I guess I pictured it would be more in the $2000-$2500 range for a family of 4. (This is still a pretty hefty price, we budget less than twice that for a 10 day stay.

I still get the feeling they'll price it initially at a rate that you'll think "Oh, maybe that's not too bad" and then within a year it will be up 25 %. (I think this because like "Be Our Guest" restaurant - started out fairly reasonable prices, and that change quickly once it was found to be popular.) That's why I want to sign up early...I think whatever the starting price, it'll get worse.

I forget the original rumor/survey? Was it a two night stay? I would say that price range per person is probably a likely price point per person. I guess I was thinking $800-1000 a night - but I wasn't thinking that they are more likely to charge per person, like a cruise.

I wonder if Cruise pricing is the way to think about how it's going to work, really it's pretty close to an on-land cruise, right? All entertainement and dining will be included. A quick price on a 4-night Disney cruise runs about $800-900 per person, so maybe even $800 per person for a two night stay may be on the high side. Thinking that way, I think $800 a person ($3600 for a family of 4) might turn off a lot of people. I guess I pictured it would be more in the $2000-$2500 range for a family of 4. (This is still a pretty hefty price, we budget less than twice that for a 10 day stay.

I still get the feeling they'll price it initially at a rate that you'll think "Oh, maybe that's not too bad" and then within a year it will be up 25 %. (I think this because like "Be Our Guest" restaurant - started out fairly reasonable prices, and that change quickly once it was found to be popular.) That's why I want to sign up early...I think whatever the starting price, it'll get worse.
Yeah it was two nights.

It definitely seems like they are going for a cruise on land structure.

I would be willing to go $2000.00-2500.00 for the package for 2 of us. I view it as a once in a lifetime experience, probably not something I would want to do repeatedly.

So are we guessing $1600- $2000 for 2 adults for two nights or per person?

If that was for both of us, yeah I’d pay that, however I would expect a host of stuff included for that price.

. All meals and drink included including the option to eat at Galaxies Edge.

. Rare Star Wars characters who I can see as a meet and greet but exclusive to the hotel. Not available to regular park guests.

. A minimum of say 2 missions a day (even if I’m given time slots for them) and they are intimate. Either just us as a family or say a small group of people (6-8 max) per cast member. I don’t want to be doing missions where I’m lumbered with 20 other people at a time.

. Exclusive use of Galaxies Edge without the crowds. Either say an hour or two before park opening or after park closing like extra magic hours.

If that was for both of us, yeah I’d pay that, however I would expect a host of stuff included for that price.

. All meals and drink included including the option to eat at Galaxies Edge.

. Rare Star Wars characters who I can see as a meet and greet but exclusive to the hotel. Not available to regular park guests.

. A minimum of say 2 missions a day (even if I’m given time slots for them) and they are intimate. Either just us as a family or say a small group of people (6-8 max) per cast member. I don’t want to be doing missions where I’m lumbered with 20 other people at a time.

. Exclusive use of Galaxies Edge without the crowds. Either say an hour or two before park opening or after park closing like extra magic hours.

. massage by a circa '83 Princess Leia doppelganger in a metal bikini

This is Disney they want you to go to other parks and spend money as long as it's on Disney property.

It just seems weird to me. They usually don't operate in that way. I would like to hear more about it. And those beds don't look luxurious or comfortable. It looks rather spartan. Is the Empire still in charge during the time period of this hotel?

If they have mission within the hotel, why not just make it another theme park? Why another resort? I guess I will be stuck with the rest of the Star Wars unwashed in the theme park

Last edited:
I wonder if the new room security checks will be done by Stormtroopers instead of housekeepers?

First Order Tropers
This is Disney they want you to go to other parks and spend money as long as it's on Disney property.

It just seems weird to me. They usually don't operate in that way. I would like to hear more about it. And those beds don't look luxurious or comfortable. It looks rather spartan. Is the Empire still in charge during the time period of this hotel?

If they have mission within the hotel, why not just make it another theme park? Why another resort? I guess I will be stuck with the rest of the Star Wars unwashed in the theme park

They are tryin to create a full immersive experience. Sounds awesome to me and can't wait to go.

Yes - that would be for 2 adults. Again, all speculation, but it certainly won't be $200 a person. Consider Disney charges at times $800 a night at Boardwalk, the only thing holding them back is worrying that at a certain price point not enough people will sign up - they will want to fill the resort from day 1, so again I think initially you will see it be even maybe a little less. ($600 - 800 per person) but will price up quickly once it's a proven success.

If that was for both of us, yeah I’d pay that, however I would expect a host of stuff included for that price..

All meals and drink included including the option to eat at Galaxies Edge.

I would think it will be inclusive of food.

Hard to say - but yes I would guess there will be specific characters to the hotel. Don't know that they would be big names like Luke and Leia though. The problem is that they can't really mix eras in this concept, so it will have to be set in either the 1-3, 4-6, or 7-9 eras - unlikely to be 1-3. That will limit what characters can show up. But I could see having like Boba Fett or someone like that that you rarely see.

I don't even think enough is known to speculate here. Could be just one long mission that goes throughout your stay. It probably will be very individualized. You will be assigned an experience for your family. Other people will be having the same experience, but the timing of it will likely be slightly different. Or could be a big pile of mini-missions. Think like the Agent P missions in Epcot. That said, I think this will be throughout the stay.

Exclusive use of Galaxies Edge without the crowds. Either say an hour or two before park opening or after park closing like extra magic hours.

I think this is a given - there will be some sort of exclusive access - most likely an after hours type thing I would think.

The whole thing when you think about it is fascinating. Do you have a swimming pool at this resort? All that money and no pool? Is it really that you are "locked in" to this world for 2 days? Do you have a TV in the room - or only a view screen that can watch Star Wars related stuff? How immersive is it? The big variable in all this is the behavior of the consumer. Won't there be people that want to do it, but don't want to be a "part of the story"? What happens when people don't feel the story is good enough for what they are paying? It's really a pretty big risk Disney is taking - something Universal could've easily done with HP but didn't.

I don't even think enough is known to speculate here. Could be just one long mission that goes throughout your stay. It probably will be very individualized. You will be assigned an experience for your family. Other people will be having the same experience, but the timing of it will likely be slightly different. Or could be a big pile of mini-missions. Think like the Agent P missions in Epcot. That said, I think this will be throughout the stay.

If I recall the original survey that had come out there was talk of "missions" but also like classes - so you would have lightsaber training you could sign up for, etc. So I think it will be a mix of both - probably some overarching storyline to the entire stay that you can participate in at varying levels but then one off type things you can participate in (or just watch)

As mentioned this a live or die based on whether people are willing to participate or not. A lot of people will just want to say they have stayed in a Star Wars hotel and nothing more.

Cap it at 300 rooms max and I think it will be fine.

As mentioned this a live or die based on whether people are willing to participate or not. A lot of people will just want to say they have stayed in a Star Wars hotel and nothing more.

Agreed. Participation would need to be optional.

I also wonder how much the story/missions will be the same every time or will they introduce some element of randomness to it. If they change it up some even in small ways it might get people to come back again. That is one danger to a place like this - that is becomes a one and done and now back to pop.

I recall the original info that had gotten out when this was just a concept was that it would allow for guests to participate as much or as little as they wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter