Star Wars: The Last Jedi Trailer 2

Meh. The good guys are going to win, for no good reason...pedantic crap all over again. #lessexcited

ETA: the interesting ending would be the end of both the jedi and the sith.

Companies aren't really in the business of killing off their milk cows. The Force is what makes Star Wars different. Fantasy and SciFi. Not just one or the other.

Meh. The good guys are going to win, for no good reason...pedantic crap all over again. #lessexcited

ETA: the interesting ending would be the end of both the jedi and the sith.

Well, yeah, "good" will always triumph over "evil" ... especially when kids and toys are involved

But they could have some dark moments between now and the end. I know it isn't your favorite, but in Rogue One, "good" won but everyone died basically

And I think there will be some form of both the Jedi and Sith dying (or the end of both) during the trilogy and more of a new version rising from that (be it the gray Jedi or what)

Well, yeah, "good" will always triumph over "evil" ... especially when kids and toys are involved

But they could have some dark moments between now and the end. I know it isn't your favorite, but in Rogue One, "good" won but everyone died basically

And I think there will be some form of both the Jedi and Sith dying (or the end of both) during the trilogy and more of a new version rising from that (be it the gray Jedi or what)

I'm hoping the gray force triumphs! But I love Severus Snape as the absolute and unchallenged hero of HP...what do I know. The Sith are just cool.

Companies aren't really in the business of killing off their milk cows. The Force is what makes Star Wars different. Fantasy and SciFi. Not just one or the other.

How many of their die-hards are jedi fans? Lol.

How many of their die-hards are jedi fans? Lol.
I think a lot are. No one rooted for the Emperor. Maybe people liked Vader as a bad guy, but theaters cheered when he pitched the Emperor over the clearly not OSHA approved railing.

Everyone liked Kenobi, even in the prequels he was one of a very few watchable characters. You may like a whiny, greasy haired, self-important, incompetent twerp with daddy issues in both Harry Potter and the new Star Wars, but the only reason Kylo Ren is so popular right now is because Poe, Finn, and Rey split so much of the good guy screen time that no one really got a feel for any of them. We know nothing about Rey other than she somehow learns important Jedi skills without anyone teaching her, a clear bit of idiocy in itself but whatever. At least Finn got a bit of backstory while Poe was a half character that is closer to Wedge Antilles at this point than the role he probably was imagined to play.

If this chapter focuses on Rey and actually fleshes out her character, greasy, broody, needs a timeout and a grounding Kylo Ren who was held off by someone with no training what so ever in a lightsaber duel, will never measure up to a decent bad guy. They will have better luck with Snoke without remaking Ren's character from his debut

:).

Overall I liked the quick pace of it and makes it seem like a fun movie

Also liked the clever editing at the end to make it look like that right after Luke, in a vulnerable position, says "This is not going to end like you think" it goes to Rey with an angry look on her face raising the lightsaber above her, ready to strike back

Yep. Thought that was a total misdirection, which was great.

I think a lot are. No one rooted for the Emperor. Maybe people liked Vader as a bad guy, but theaters cheered when he pitched the Emperor over the clearly not OSHA approved railing.

Everyone liked Kenobi, even in the prequels he was one of a very few watchable characters. You may like a whiny, greasy haired, self-important, incompetent twerp with daddy issues in both Harry Potter and the new Star Wars, but the only reason Kylo Ren is so popular right now is because Poe, Finn, and Rey split so much of the good guy screen time that no one really got a feel for any of them. We know nothing about Rey other than she somehow learns important Jedi skills without anyone teaching her, a clear bit of idiocy in itself but whatever. At least Finn got a bit of backstory while Poe was a half character that is closer to Wedge Antilles at this point than the role he probably was imagined to play.

If this chapter focuses on Rey and actually fleshes out her character, greasy, broody, needs a timeout and a grounding Kylo Ren who was held off by someone with no training what so ever in a lightsaber duel, will never measure up to a decent bad guy. They will have better luck with Snoke without remaking Ren's character from his debut

Holy disagree batman. There is no hard core fan base like the 501 for Jedis, you understand that right?

Also, thanks for the mansplaining.

Part of the isue with Poe is I think he was supposed to be killed off or at least not have such a big role, but then as the story evolved and his performance they realized they needed to increase his role, etc. .... and my understanding is his character gets fleshed out a lot more in the Last Jedi (and some speculation that Leia sees a lot of herself in him - or at least herself during the Rebellion - and eventually wants him to take over the efforts after her time is done)

Part of the isue with Poe is I think he was supposed to be killed off or at least not have such a big role, but then as the story evolved and his performance they realized they needed to increase his role, etc. .... and my understanding is his character gets fleshed out a lot more in the Last Jedi (and some speculation that Leia sees a lot of herself in him - or at least herself during the Rebellion - and eventually wants him to take over the efforts after her time is done)

Could be. I always thought he ended as an awkward character because they really barbelled his role at the beginning and then throwing him back in at the end. If he wasn't supposed to come back that would make more sense. It would also give Rey clear title to BB8, which now is another kind of awkward issue.

With the books and Rebels my SW content is satisfied enough that I am avoiding the latest trailers and articles about TLJ.

I watched the first trailer but am avoiding everything else since then. I also unfollowed Star Wars' official twitter account because I was feeling over-saturated.

I can only imagine that number of people who also feel this way will grow greatly over the next 3 years. I honestly hope that Disney takes one year off of a SW movie after EPIX.

With the books and Rebels my SW content is satisfied enough that I am avoiding the latest trailers and articles about TLJ.

I watched the first trailer but am avoiding everything else since then. I also unfollowed Star Wars' official twitter account because I was feeling over-saturated.

I can only imagine that number of people who also feel this way will grow greatly over the next 3 years. I honestly hope that Disney takes one year off of a SW movie after EPIX.

First off, that is very cool to list the last episode as EPIX

Second, everything from them is that they are going to have a Star Wars movie every year and
Kathleen Kennedy recently said they have been plotting the next 10 years of Star Wars and some thoughts that future movies will include characters from the latest trilogy

Personally I hope the good guys win. In reality they so seldom do.

Luke in the Falcon hit me hard. I actually got a lump in my throat. I am still hoping that Kylo pays for what he did in TFA. I was not too pleased with him. And I don't mean dies specifically. I have loved Star Wars since I was a mere girl so it broke my heart More than a little when I found out what the years ROTJ had been like for my fav trio.

Now I understand that there has to be conflict when you start new chapters. Everyone happy is not easy or interesting to put on screen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!