Star Wars: The Last Jedi Trailer 2

the other option I have heard is that vision (Luke vs the Knights of Ren) was a flashback and that is when Kylo/Ben turned on Luke and that when Luke says "this won't go as you expect it" it is to Kylo at this point as he knows Snoke will abuse him (perhaps force drain him)

Did you hear the one that says that kylo stabs the one guy in the back to save..."somebody" during the sequence?...that could be a key if true

If Rey goes Dark Side, won’t that be a problem with Disney merchandising and little girl empowerment? They have set her up as a heroine and role model for the young girls, right?

I was just thinking that ... all this focus and attention of the new movies having female leads and then Disney is all like "haha, yeah, we made her the main characters, but she was really evil ... I mean, you gotta know you can't trust a woman with power!!!!"

probably not the messaging they are going for

If they can pull something together between this one and the story for 9...then I don't see a real problem. It worked for Harry Potter...

And maybe if you give JJ 4 hours...we can come up with an original scene?

There's no way they stop at 9 anyway...the question is how long do they wait?

Judging by marvel...probably 18 months

I don't think it will be as long as a wait like it was from episode 3 to 7. At the most (though unlikely) I would say five years before a main title movie, but my guess is two years after 9 they either will have started a script or confirmed 10 is coming. They did after all say there will be 15 years of Star Wars movies.

I was just thinking that ... all this focus and attention of the new movies having female leads and then Disney is all like "haha, yeah, we made her the main characters, but she was really evil ... I mean, you gotta know you can't trust a woman with power!!!!"

probably not the messaging they are going for

Why would that be wrong? They do it with male characters...
...or are all female meeting guests at akershus?

the other option I have heard is that vision (Luke vs the Knights of Ren) was a flashback and that is when Kylo/Ben turned on Luke and that when Luke says "this won't go as you expect it" it is to Kylo at this point as he knows Snoke will abuse him (perhaps force drain him)

Good point. Although I thought the lighting and scene were different between those two scenes.

I'm just trying to piece things together after seeing the plot details via the Topps Trading Cards, which pretty much layout every major scene. Oops.

Good point. Although I thought the lighting and scene were different between those two scenes.

I'm just trying to piece things together after seeing the plot details via the Topps Trading Cards, which pretty much layout every major scene. Oops.

Inbound to target....

There was was that cartoon...with the snowman...what was the name?

I did think of that - but that is on the micro level, not macro level.

I’ll just say that if I were a girl-mom, and Disney sold Rey to my daughter as a role model and then she joined the Dark Side - I’d be more than a little displeased.

Did you hear the one that says that kylo stabs the one guy in the back to save..."somebody" during the sequence?...that could be a key if true

hadn't seen that explicitly but the more I watch (and the more breakdowns I watch) seems to point to Kylo's "redemption" perhaps happening in this film rather than not until Episode IX

Also had seen one about how the mask lets him tap into the dark side more and thus why in this trailer you see him bust it up as he is frustrated by it/conflicted and you then see him flying in the battle where he is hesitant to fire (perhaps on where Leia is) without his helmet

I did think of that - but that is on the micro level, not macro level.

I’ll just say that if I were a girl-mom, and Disney sold Rey to my daughter as a role model and then she joined the Dark Side - I’d be more than a little displeased.

My point is that male characters turn heel mid movie all the time...so females have to have the same potential...even in movies with toys.

Indiana Jones and the last crusade had one of each and it works perfectly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!