Starbucks at HS and AK during morning EMH

Avoid Starbucks all together and have better coffee like Joffrey's (or for that matter anything other than Starbucks

Unfortunately that doesn’t answer the OP question, but rather expresses your personal opinion on coffee choices
True it doesn't except try something other than Starbucks. Oh by the way, you didn't answer her question either..............

based on our experiences starbucks is a "zoo" they are usually filled up right away

True it doesn't except try something other than Starbucks. Oh by the way, you didn't answer her question either..............

Let me guess - you don't like Starbucks - ?

I'm not positive OP, but I believe they are open :))

Yes, Starbucks is open at all park locations during EMH
This is true, but they won't open early in AK like they do on Main Street (when they let you into the park to line up at the entrance to Africa/FOP). In DHS & MK they're open when you enter the park, but when we've done rope drop in AK the Starbucks didn't open until 5-10 minutes after the park did. Lamesauce.

Is Starbucks at HS and AK open during morning EMH? Thank you in advance for your help.
They do open for EMH but crowds are highs inside the restaurants. I recommend sending one or two members inside to order and fetch your drinks/snacks while everyone else wait outside. Families have a tendency to enter together and that makes everything worse for everyone trying to buy their coffee.

We went to the animal kingdom Starbucks at 8:20 during an 8 am extra magic hour. We were the only ones in there. I can only assume that everyone else was in pandora. Ha. We showed up at animal kingdom around 6:45 that morning and were on the first ride of the day of flight of passage. The pre-park entrance coffee stands may not have been open at 6:45, but we were rewarded with an empty Starbucks after our ride.

Let me guess - you don't like Starbucks - ?

I'm not positive OP, but I believe they are open :))
LOL...you are correct. IMHO (for @Hopefully), the reason I believe everyone adds all that extra stuff (caramel, chocolate, etc) is because their plain coffee taste really bad. Also, I have a difficult paying $3.00 for a small and almost $5.00 (or more) for a large cup of bad tasting coffee. I have better things I would rather spend that money on like Dole Whips or spoiling my wife.

Avoid Starbucks all together and have better coffee like Joffrey's (or for that matter anything other than Starbucks

I found different treat type items to eat at each one of them than the Starbucks near our home. Also, many people receive Gift cards and this is a great way to use them. And many people like to take a break with an iced lemonade or something.

Jumping on your thread: what are the pre-rope drop coffee options at AK, if any? MK and HS, I understand Starbucks is accessible before rope drop. Epcot, we're walking to International Gateway, so I'll have to grab coffee at the resort before the walk. But, not sure on AK.

LOL...you are correct. IMHO (for @Hopefully), the reason I believe everyone adds all that extra stuff (caramel, chocolate, etc) is because their plain coffee taste really bad. Also, I have a difficult paying $3.00 for a small and almost $5.00 (or more) for a large cup of bad tasting coffee. I have better things I would rather spend that money on like Dole Whips or spoiling my wife.

I agree completely! Starbucks uses cheap low grade beans then over roasts them in an attempt to make their coffee taste a bit better to some. The result is a bitter burnt taste. They do not sell a lot of just coffee. Vast majority are sweetened concoctions loaded with sugary additions. When you do that it really doesn't matter what beans were used. I know a few who are Baristas at Starbucks. Knowing what goes into their coffees is enough for me to avoid!!

For some, for whatever reason, Starbucks is the bomb and a must have every morning. The teens in our group love their Starbucks!! AK's has always been the most crowded in the mornings. I believe it was open during EMH on our last visit 2 years ago. HS had moderate crowds but nothing like AK's. DS was always dead although have only been there late mornings or afternoons.

Jumping on your thread: what are the pre-rope drop coffee options at AK, if any? MK and HS, I understand Starbucks is accessible before rope drop. Epcot, we're walking to International Gateway, so I'll have to grab coffee at the resort before the walk. But, not sure on AK.

At animal kingdom there is a Joffreys stand before bag check. It was not open before they let us through the tapstiles though. This was on an 8 am EMH morning. Well, it may have opened eventually but we were too far to the front of the pack to see if it ever opened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter