Starbucks vs Joffrey's: Choose Your Side

ShellyKP

Mouseketeer
A controversial topic, I know. If you're a coffee drinker, which do you prefer when you're at Disney? Is there another lesser known place with better coffee? Do you dare to share that secret?

Joffrey’s. Shorter lines. Delicious coffee. Amazing pastries. Especially the doughnuts.

I don’t get the Starbucks hype. The coffee isn’t that tasty to me, pastries are pedestrian and the same everywhere and the lines at Disney are crazy long. Too expensive as well.

I now travel with my own hand pump operated espresso maker, so the morning espresso is covered. In the parks, I prefer Joffrey's, plus, the lines aren't as bad as Starbucks.

I now travel with my own hand pump operated espresso maker, so the morning espresso is covered. In the parks, I prefer Joffrey's, plus, the lines aren't as bad as Starbucks.
Agreed. My dh makes the best coffee. We have a villa through dvc so morning coffee is courtesy of him. Otherwise it’s joffrey’s.

I go to Disney in July, so whichever one is closer when I have the craving for an iced coffee, I'm not picky!

Joffrey’s all the way for me. My favorite time and place to enjoy it is at the Joffrey’s stand just outside ToT. I always feel just a little lighter on my feet after ToT. That, combined with a fresh cup is the perfect combination for a mid-day pick-me-up. And the AP discount at the Joffrey’s stands doesn’t hurt either!

Joffrey's. Large coffee cream and sugar. That's it. And I don't want to get on a 30 minute line for it 🤣

We buy Joffrey's beans online and grind them and drink it at home because we really enjoy their coffee. We also feel Starbucks over roasts. I prefer Joffrey's more expensive roasts that they do for many of the restaurants (especially the signatures) over the standard stuff they include in the WDW rooms.

Is it Joffrey's that's served at the counter service restaurants and resort food courts, or is that just generic mystery coffee? Because my vote is for whatever that is. Throughout my trip this January I never once had a moment when I was jonesing bad enough for a specialty coffee to tolerate the long lines at either the Joffrey's stands or the Starbucks locations. Much rather just grab plain old drip coffee on the way out of the resort and/or pick it up as part of a mobile order.

I always just started my day with what was available at the resorts-Joffrey’s. I don’t think it’s particularly good. It’s just there. I wouldn’t pay extra for Starbucks, but if I was paying either way, I would go with them over Joffreys. Stumptown is the best, though.

We buy Joffrey's beans online and grind them and drink it at home because we really enjoy their coffee. We also feel Starbucks over roasts. I prefer Joffrey's more expensive roasts that they do for many of the restaurants (especially the signatures) over the standard stuff they include in the WDW rooms.
They do have excellent Kona coffee that they serve at the Polynesian restaurants

Joffrey’s all the way for me. My favorite time and place to enjoy it is at the Joffrey’s stand just outside ToT. I always feel just a little lighter on my feet after ToT. That, combined with a fresh cup is the perfect combination for a mid-day pick-me-up. And the AP discount at the Joffrey’s stands doesn’t hurt either!

That is one of my favorite stands as well. We will ride ToT right when we get to the park then grab a coffee and pastry there and sit and watch all the people getting off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!