Starlight Safari - any experience?

jerseyjersey

Mouseketeer
My searches haven't turned up very much, so I figured I'd just ask - had anyone experienced the Starlight Safari at AK? If so, please let me know what you thought! Considering this for our summer trip, but haven't been able to find many reviews and not sure if it's time/money well spent. Thanks for any insight!

Were you able to find any reviews? I have been searching and have not found much info. I was wondering if this was worth the cost and if it sells out

We did it in December 2016 - totally worth it. It's pretty cool to use the night vision goggles to see the animals. The giraffe were so relaxed they were actually lying down and the truck pulled right up to them. Of course you can not touch, but they are literally that close! Our truck held about 10-15 people, so I would say it certainly can sell out. Eat at Sanaa first if you can. It's really a wonderful experience.

Look at All Ears. They had a personal experience with the tour and described their experience thoroughly.

We did it in December 2016 - totally worth it. It's pretty cool to use the night vision goggles to see the animals. The giraffe were so relaxed they were actually lying down and the truck pulled right up to them. Of course you can not touch, but they are literally that close! Our truck held about 10-15 people, so I would say it certainly can sell out. Eat at Sanaa first if you can. It's really a wonderful experience.

Thank you! I love the idea of having dinner there first!

IMG_3419.JPG IMG_3441.JPG IMG_3475.JPG We did it last August and loved it. Small group, maybe 10-12 people so feels very personal. You get very close to the savannah animals at AKL. Using the night vision goggles was cool and you can line it up with your camera for night vision photos. Tour guide was great. She takes care of the animals so knows all their names and their personalities. One giraffe pretty much stuck her head in the truck and we had to move over since you're not allowed to pet. We had dinner at Sanaa before. Timed it for right before sunset and requested a window seat. It was expensive, but totally a worthwhile experience for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter