Start Day in DHS and END in MK for FIREWORKS?

P B

Earning My Ears
Hi,

We are a family of 5 (children 11, 8. & 4) in Orlando in late October and we are worried that there will be very large crowds in MK on the limited days that the fireworks are taking place. As we have Park Hopper tickets is it an idea to start a MK "fireworks" day in DHS and end it watching fireworks in MK? If so, where should we park? MK or DHS? How long does it take to travel between them? Thanks for your help.

I'm guessing the fireworks are limited because of MNSSHP? I accustomed to the days past when Wishes showed just about every night, and I haven't been many times since they started the new fireworks show, so I don't know if that will directly impact the crowds. I'd say it would somewhat affect the crowding on Main Street USA, but if people are park hopping they may only come in the park near time for the fireworks.

One option, of course, is to plan a MK park day on one of the days they are also doing the FW. Then just plan to spend the whole day at MK. If you ONLY want to see FW (or weren't really planning a day for MK park), this obviously would be a waste of your day.

If DHS closes AFTER the MK fireworks, I'd take the bus both ways: from DHS to MK, and back. This would be the best-case scenario, I think. There are probably some people with better ideas on the logistics of parking and park hopping (I park hop often but always use WDW transportation), but I'll try. If you are staying on property, park hopping doesn't have to involve your vehicle. If you are staying off property, you might just want to drive between the parks when you are ready to head to MK.

Yes we've done this. If you want to do MK, do it on a party day . TRUST ME. The crowds are way better. For your question, though, I'd park at DHS, then take the car back to the resort and bus it to MK. Depending on the resort you're talking up to 20 min. drive to DHS and up to an hour bussing to MK (extreme but it happens depending on bus stop timing.)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter