Starting to nail down our plans- feedback for February dates?

2019TripIdeas

Mouseketeer
We're getting ready to book and getting excited over here! We've got lots of flexibility, so I wanted to hear any feedback that might make our trip a better experience before we do book. I've been to Disney World three times, and we've done Disneyland as a family once, but totally still planning rookies over here!

Dates: Feb 2-9 2019 (we may shift by a day or two in either direction).
Hotel: Hoping for POFQ (our kids are fine with sharing a standard 2 queen room and we travel frequently, so I think this'll work well for us). *Our parents may join us for a few of the days, but would be in a separate room.

Still not sure how many days we'll do at each park, and I'm sure we'll do a "down/rest" day at some point. The kids would also like to do a waterpark but it seems they're sometimes closed at that time of year? And we'd probably hold off on buying the tickets on that until we're there given weather etc.

Our kids will be 4.5, 2.5 and 18 months. The older two aren't timid so I think they'll be up for anything ride-wise (total thrill seekers!), but unfortunately they're on the shorter side (currently 39" and 33") so kind of in a wait-and-see on if they'll be big enough for big rides. I know we'll have to do a lot of Rider Swap.

If it's helpful, our biggest priority is avoiding crazy crowd levels and waits of 40 min+ (I think the kids can handle shorter waits fine, for the most part.) Does that seem pretty reasonable for early February?

Does anyone see a concern with our dates? Things we should know to avoid during those times, etc? My husband's work schedule is really flexible and we technically COULD go in late January or in the next few weeks of February if there's a good reason to switch. Any feedback is SO appreciated.

January and early February can see cooler temps than most people think for Florida. We were there once in early February and one day was 48 degrees during the day. I think that low is uncommon but the 50s aren't. We went back several years later and late February was much warmer - upper 60s to low 70s.

Not so much pool weather either time but still pleasant. ( we're from Chicago so it was much colder here - and snowy ).

I'd say stay away from President's weekend to avoid higher crowds.

I appreciate both of your replies. I think we'll be okay with the cooler weather (especially if it means lower crowds). Thanks so much!

The cooler weather is hit or miss. We have gone many times in January. On our last trip, it was 80 degrees every day, with no rain. We spent a lot of time at the pool. On other trips, we have worn winter jackets, hats, and mittens on a few mornings, although by afternoon we took them off. On average, we dressed in layers and were fine with just a fleece, until the evenings. We still had a few days that hit 70 degrees, even on the trip where we wore the winter jackets. Since we usually have cold temps and snow at home, our boys used the pool on those days, as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!