stateroom 2646 wasn't too noisey

shefor24

Mouseketeer
I just got back from the Wonder the 10-24 thru 10-27. We had stateroom 2646 and I had heard that it was super noisey. I was really worried about this-who wants a noisey room due to the motors? Anyway, I do agree with Dave and everyone else that there is noise in there, but really if anyone is worried like I was about it- don't be. It was quite noisey on our first night, but only til about midnight or so, but it wasn't like you couldn't sleep becasue of it. We actually liked the low hum of the motor. And it was neat when you heard it getting a little louder you new you were coming to port. That was my alarm clock at 5 am on the last day :D . I had a wake up call for 5:15 and we were getting at port Canaveral at 5am. If anyone needs more info, let me know.:D After that first night ( it was storming outside too- so maybe that has something to do with it) then it was very reasonable to listen to.

I'm glad to hear you found the noise soothing rather than bothersome. If you were someone who is bothered by noise, would it have been a problem?

It's interesting how noise problems are often a matter of individual tastes. For me, I cannot stand hallway noise (people yelling, running, and slamming doors) or bass. However, if I can actually hear the music (not just the bass), it doesn't bother me as much, and I LOVE engine noise because it lulls me to sleep. I sleep with a white noise machine, so it's the same type sound. And I know what you mean about waking up to the change in the sound level as you pull into port. I get the same thing in 5650, and that's my wake-up call to jump out of bed for another exciting day (or, if I'm being lazy, to hazily realize that we've arrived before dropping back to sleep).
On our three-peat, we were in 5520 (no engine noise, but lots of hallway traffic on that particular trip). I was in the Rainforest chatting with a travel agent, and he said he loves DCL but you really have to be careful which stateroom you are in because his was way too noisy. I asked where he was, thinking it had to be under a club, and he was in 5150, the mirror image of 5650! That means it would be just as free of hallway noise, but it turns out that engine noise drives him crazy and he couldn't get to sleep in there. If it were me, I would have been sleeping like a baby.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Yes, Dave, if you were someone bothered by noise, it probably would be a noisey room, you are right. At least the first night. I don't know if the ocean was just calmer to where they wouldn't have to run the rear engines if there is such a term, but the other nights were not bad at all untill we got to port. And I definatley agree with Barb- I can't stand hallway noise. You just feel like screaming "shut up!!" when that happens, but that was another plus with our room 2646, towards the end of the hallway. I even made the comment to my DH that I sure wouldn't like being any more near the elevators because of kids running down the hall. I am sure it IS tempting to do that (even as an adult-haha). The narrow hall that looks never ending would be rather cool to runn as fast as you can down it. hehe Just kidding.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter