Stateroom Decorating

lealea42

Earning My Ears
My son is going to turn 4 the 2nd day of our cruise & am going to decorate the stateroom (we have the double porthole room) and am planning on using suction cups for some of the decorations and magnets for the ones for the door, also got some tabletop decorations - any ideas on other ways to hang things that fall within Disney's rules?

Thanks in advance!

I don't know if this is true or not but I read a post earlier today that said the ceilings are metal so you can use magnets up there too :scratchin

Is is true that the walls are magnetic in all the cabins? Just wondering about the Concierge rooms, as we were upset to find the doors are not magnetic so we can't use our magnets on them :(

Is is true that the walls are magnetic in all the cabins? Just wondering about the Concierge rooms, as we were upset to find the doors are not magnetic so we can't use our magnets on them :(

The doors are magnetic, even in concierge. They just have a wood veneer over the top of them so strong magnets are required.

Yes, the walls on the interior of the concierge staterooms are magnetic.

Let's hope that the Dream has magnetic walls! =) That would make me VERY, VERY happy. My husband will probably kill me for all the decor, but hey it's the memories that will last forever!

I think it should be (scientifically) stated the doors, walls and ceiling are steel - not magnetic. Magnets will stick to them.

My son is going to turn 4 the 2nd day of our cruise & am going to decorate the stateroom (we have the double porthole room) and am planning on using suction cups for some of the decorations and magnets for the ones for the door, also got some tabletop decorations - any ideas on other ways to hang things that fall within Disney's rules?

Thanks in advance!

We were just on the Dream 6/15, rooms 5520 & 5522(double porthole rooms) and I can testify that those walls are metal. We used magnetics to hang our sons birthday décor. Just FYI for $50 you can order the Disney décor package which is pretty cool. We brought some magnets for stateroom mickeys and used some of them to hang up the bed runner. You also will get a birthday card that you can take to character meets and have them sign it.:firefight

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter