Stateroom is Available Online, Agent Says It's Not Available?

Mainsail Minnie

Momketeer
Anyone had this happen? I saw a stateroom I want to switch to, and still see it available online. I haven't clicked on it at all or put it in my cart. It shows as available for my exact party. But my travel agent says the Disney phone agent says it's unavailable.

If the cruise is nearly full, there might not be space in the lifeboat for your entire party. Sometimes, they can’t sell some staterooms because of that restriction. There are a set number of places per muster station.

If the cruise is nearly full, there might not be space in the lifeboat for your entire party. Sometimes, they can’t sell some staterooms because of that restriction. There are a set number of places per muster station.
But I've searched for it with my party indicated. Would make sense but I don't think that's it.

If you are still seeing it available, phone DCL yourself and ask. They can't make the switch for you, but you'll then know if your TA actually checked or just blew you off, claiming they phoned, but really didn't.

If you are still seeing it available, phone DCL yourself and ask. They can't make the switch for you, but you'll then know if your TA actually checked or just blew you off, claiming they phoned, but really didn't.
I was on the phone with them as they called Disney, so I know for sure. Those rooms really shouldn't show as available. I tried booking even as a party of one, and when I did so, I got a message saying the ststeroom is no longer available. Website glitch, apparently. So frustrating.

Last edited:

I was on the phone with them as thry called Disney, so I know for sure. Those rooms really shouldn't show as available. I tried booking even as a party of one, and when I did so, I got a message saying the ststeroom is no longer available. Website glitch, apparently. So frustrating.
That’s exactly what happens when the muster station is full. The first search shows the available rooms that fit the party size. When you select one and go further in the booking, it checks the party size to room’s particular muster station and kids club availability.

In your case, all the other staterooms in the muster are probably at full capacity and taking all the muster places, so that stateroom will sail empty unless individual guests in other rooms cancel.

While the situation is frustrating, it is not a very common occurence. It’s just a bad software design, not a glitch. I’m pretty sure DCL agents get the same results when you call them on the phone but don’t mention it and go over to the next room or end up saying there’s no availabilty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter