Staying at a different airport hotel....

TiggerPU88

WDW & DCL Fan!
Hi!

We are planning to stay at a different hotel at the airport the night we fly in for our cruise. Where do we pick up the transfers... should we go to the Hyatt or the terminal? (And which would give us an earlier option? We want to get to the DCL terminal soon after it opens.) FWIW, we are taking the buses this time, because I want my DS & my Mom to experience that trip.... <g>

Thanks for any thoughts you have.

Hi,

We just got back from the Disney Magic 7 day to Western Caribbean. It was awesome! We stayed at the Marriott and took their shuttle to and from the airport. We took the shuttle the morning of the cruise back to the Mears counter, terminal A, slot 31. We got there about 9:15 am and they were ready for us. We were on the first bus to the terminal at Port Canaveral and one of the first families on the ship. We were able to schedule Palo and massages all before lunch time. They started boarding about 12:15pm.

We did the identical thing in January for our Eastern cruise. Although we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn this time, we have stayed at the Marriott as well. Both hotels ofter a quick shuttle service. We had the hotel shuttle take us back to the airport about 9:15 and we were on the second bus out to the port, and about the 20th family on the ship.

It was very easy. Unless you have really little ones to chase around, I think this is a great way to go. The area offers many nice hotels at varying rates.

Did you already get your airport hotel? If not, I suggest that you bid $25 to $28 via Priceline for the highest star level. We do that and almost always end up at the Marriott (once it was the Radisson). We use Happy Limo for transfers so we don't have to worry about the shuttle, but I don't think it would be too much of a hassle. We always see the shuttle in the mornings when we are heading out to meet our towncar. You can save a LOT of money with Priceline.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

hi,

we sail 8/16 and are staying at the Airport Hyatt. DCL has our flight info and stated that there will be cruise line staff waiting at 10am in the airport lobby to assist with transportation to the terminal.

They stated that we will find info about this in our room on Friday night telling exactly where our bags go etc...

DCL staff have stated that the Hyatt is beautiful hotel.

hope this answers your question.

Barb, I might just try Priceline. I am a Marriott fan and only stay at Marriotts. But if I can get it for $25, that would be better than $50... Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter